The VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 4850 brings the power of graphics, supercomputing to gamers, setting a new standard for visual computing. Redefine the way you play and take HD gaming to the extreme with best-in-class performance. The new TeraScale graphics engine delivers an immersive, cinematic gaming experience. Add this GPU to your PC and watch Blu-ray movies and play HD content with incredible visual fidelity with an HD monitor. Do it all with break-through efficiency that doesn?t compromise performance.
Redefine HD Gaming
The ATI Radeon HD 4850 Series GPUs deliver a cinematic gaming experience with unprecedented performance. The powerful new TeraScale graphics will propel you deep into your gameplay with seamless frame rates and high resolutions. Enhanced anti-aliasing (AA) and anisotropic filtering create striking graphics with unparalleled realism so you can max out the settings of the most demanding next-generation games or revitalize your favorite titles. Play today while preparing for tomorrow with tessellation, support for DirectX 10.1 and scalable ATI CrossFireX technology.
- TeraScale Graphics Engine - The powerful new TeraScale graphics engine features deliver high resolutions and fast frame rates.
- Enhanced Anti-Aliasing & Anisotropic Filtering - High performance anisotropic filtering and 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) smooth jagged edges and create true-to-life graphics, everything from grass to facial features.
- DirectX 10.1 - Play today while preparing for tomorrow with state-of-the-art DirectX 10.1 graphics capabilities.
- ATI CrossFireX Technology - ATI CrossFireX technology with up to quad GPU support offers superior scalability so your system is ready to level up when you are.
- PCI Express 2.0 - Support for PCI Express 2.0 will prepare you for bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications.
- Power to Spare - This GPU has the brute processing power needed for physics, artificial intelligence, stream computing and ray tracing calculations.
Go Beyond HD Video
Add an ATI Radeon HD 4850 Series GPU to your PC and watch the latest Blu-ray and HD movies play with incredible fidelity - upscale to nearly twice the display resolution of HD content. Take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities. Sophisticated new features within ATI Avivo HD technology provide a truly responsive experience. Support for the latest audio visual interconnects ensures you can take advantage of the latest display technology.
- Unified Video Decoder 2 - Unified Video Decoder 2 frees up your CPU for other tasks so you get The Ultimate Visual Experience for even the most processing-intensive content, including VC-1, H.264 and now MPEG-2. Also, take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities.
- Upscale Beyond 1080p - Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p display resolution and beyond.
- On-chip HDCP - On-chip HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) makes life easier by allowing you to playback HDCP protected content. - Note: Playing HDCP content requires additional HDCP ready components, including but not limited to an HDCP ready monitor, Blu-ray or HD DVD disc drive, multimedia application and computer operating system.
- HDMI - Enjoy the latest audio technologies using HDMI with 7.1 digital surround sound support. Also, xvYCC support allows the user to enjoy a wider range of color when connected to a capable HDTV.
Like its predecessors, the ATI Radeon HD 4850 Series GPUs offer optimal performance and break-through efficiency with platform-independent intelligent power management. ATI PowerPlay delivers the power needed to blaze through even the most intense games while intuitively conserving energy at idle or when demand is low.
- ATI PowerPlay Technology - ATI PowerPlay Technology delivers high performance when needed and conserves power when the demand on the graphics processor is low.
- Energy Efficient Manufacturing Process - Second generation 55nm chip uses the industry's most energy efficient manufacturing process.
- 512MB GDDR3 memory
- 256-bit memory interface
- DirectX 10.1
- 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
- ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance (Use up to four discrete cards with an AMD 790FX based motherboard)
- PCI Express 2.0 support
- Dynamic geometry acceleration
- Game physics processing capability
- ATI Avivo HD video and display technology
- Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD) for Blu-ray
- HD VideoBuilt-in HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support On-chip HDCP
- ATI PowerPlay technology
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista (all versions)
- Windows XP
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics card
- DVI to HDMI adapter
- DVI to VGA adapter
- Set-up CD
- PCI Express based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended.
- 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray / HD DVD playback requires Blu-ray / HD DVD drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX system, a second ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per board (included) are required