With both the popular USB 2.0 and the ultra-fast eSATA 3 Gb/s interfaces on board, the My Book Premium ES Edition external hard drive offers universal connectivity and unbeatable performance in one high-value package. Works with both Windows and Macintosh computers. Includes EMC Retrospect Express backup software. Product Features
Easy to set up, easy to use - Installation is a snap because you don't really "install" this drive, you just plug it in and it's ready to use. There is no CD to install; the included software loads from the drive the first time you plug it in.
Dual interface - USB 2.0 -- For convenience and compatibility among multiple computers, USB 2.0 is the way to go.
eSATA 3 Gb/s -- The ultra-fast eSATA interface gives you speed comparable to a state-of-the-art internal hard drive. This is the future of external storage made available today.
PC and Mac compatible - Works with both Windows 2000/XP and Mac OS X 10.3 or later
EMC Retrospect Express backup software - Includes Easy-to-use EMC Retrospect Express backup software for Windows and Mac.
Capacity gauge - See at a glance how much space is available on your storage system. (Works with the USB connection only)
Intelligent drive management features
- The My Book external drive turns itself on and off with your computer and Safe Shutdown prevents the drive from being powered down until all your data has been written. (Works with the USB connection only.) Smart design
- The elegant case, iconic of a book, takes up less space on your desk, stacks horizontally, and allows two or more drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf. Fast, high-quality hard drive
- Inside the case is WD?s exceptionally fast, ultra-quiet, cool-running SATA 3 Gb/s hard drive with a 16 MB cache. Free Google software
- Search your drive, manage your photos, and simplify Web searches with included Google software. (Windows only). Ideal For
- High-speed backup of important documents and images
- Extra storage for your computer
- Automatic backups of your existing hard drive
- Archiving the music stored on your MP3 player
- Adding plenty of space for digital video capture and editing
- Saving and organizing your digital photo collection
Software Requirements Package Includes
- Available USB port, or eSATA port or eSATA connection
- Windows 2000/XP
- Mac OS X 10.3 or later
Important interface information
- Dual-interface external hard drive
- USB cable
- AC adapter with power cord
- Quick Install Guide
This drive requires a USB or eSATA connection
[WD Interface Guide]