Affordable at-home printing with HP Instant Ink
- Save up to 50% on ink ordered by your printer and delivered to your door.
- Full of value - print up to twice as many pages with Original HP high-yield ink cartridges.
- Get high-quality prints - time after time - with an all-in-one designed and built to be reliable.
- Print photos and documents for the same low price with HP Instant Ink.
Easy mobile printing
- Connect your smartphone or tablet directly to your printer - and easily print without accessing a network.
- Manage printing tasks and scan on the go with the free HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app.
- Easily print from a variety of smartphones and tablets. Your pages come out great?even if you're not there.
Everything you need - right away
- Take charge of your tasks and finish in less time with the easy-to-use 2.2-inch (5.5 cm) display.
- Quickly fax, scan, and copy multipage documents with the 35-page automatic document feeder.
- Access coloring pages, recipes, coupons, and more with free HP Printables - delivered on your schedule.
- No need to wait - start printing right away with easy setup. Automatically connect to your wireless network.
Designed to fit your life
- Save your space with a compact all-in-one designed to fit on your desk, on a shelf, or anywhere you need it.
- Print in any room you choose - without causing disruptions. Optional quiet mode helps keep noise to a minimum.
- Functions / Multitasking Supported: Print, copy, scan, photo / No
- Print Speed: Black (ISO): Up to 8.5 ppm; Color (ISO): Up to 6 ppm; First Page Out Black: As fast as 14 sec; First Page Out Color: As fast as 17 sec; Black (Draft): Up to 20 ppm; Color (Draft): Up to 16 ppm
- Print Resolution: Black (best): Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi; Color (best): Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
- Print Technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print Cartridges Number: 2 (1 black, 1 Tri-color)
- Borderless Printing: Yes
- Standard Print Languages: HP PCL 3 GUI; PCLm (HP Apps/UPD); URF (AirPrint)
- Print Smart Software Features: Manual Duplex
- Scan Type / Technology: Flatbed, ADF / Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Scan Resolution: Hardware: Up to 1200 x 1200 ppi; Optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Scan File Format: pdf, bmp, jpg, gif, tif, png
- Scan Input Modes: Front-panel scan, copy, fax
- Scan Size Maximum: Flatbed: 8.5 x 11.69 in
- Bit Depth / Grayscale Levels: 24-bit/ 256
- Copy Speed: Black (ISO): Up to 7 cpm; Color (ISO): Up to 3.5 cpm
- Copy Resolution: Black (text and graphics): 600 x 300 dpi; 600 x 300 dpi; Color (text and graphics): 600 x 300 dpi
- Copier Resize: 25 to 400%
- Copier Settings: Fit to page/actual/custom
- Fax Speed: Up to: 33.6 kbps; Letter: 4 secs per page
- Fax Resolution: Black (best): Up to 300 x 300 dpi; Color (best): Photo - 203 x 196 (8-bit grayscale); Black (standard): Standard ? 203 x 98; Color (standard): 200 x 200
- Fax Features: Fax Memory: Up to 99 pages (black and white), based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.; Auto-Redialing: Yes; Fax Delayed Sending: Yes; Distinctive Ring Detection Supported: Yes; Fax Forwarding Supported: Yes; Junk Barrier Supported: Yes; PC Interface Supported: Yes; Telephone Handset Supported: Yes
- Standard Connectivity: 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Network Capabilities: Via built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Network Ready: Standard (built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n)
- Wireless Capability: Yes
- Mobile Printing Capability: Features wireless direct and local Wi-Fi connectivity to enable mobile printing via HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint as well as other solutions; Mopria-certified. Supports printing from most smartphones and tablets using these operating systems: Android, iOS, Blackberry, Symbian, Windows 8, Windows RT.
- Memory: Maximum: 512Mb DDR1, 128M flash
- Processor Speed: 180 MHz
- Duty Cycle: Monthly, letter: Up to 1000 pages
- Recommended Monthly Page Volume: 100 to 240
- Media Types Supported: Plain paper, photo paper, brochure paper, envelopes and other specialty inkjet papers
- Media Weight Supported: Letter: 16 to 32 lb; HP envelopes: 20 to 24 lb; HP cards: up to 110 lb; HP 4 x 6 inch photo paper: up to 145 lb
- Media Sizes Supported: Letter, legal, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes
- Media Sizes Custom: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Paper Handling: 60-sheet input tray; 25-sheet output tray; Duplex Options: Manual (driver support provided); Auto Document Feeder Capacity: Standard, 35 sheets; Envelope Feeder: No; Standard Paper Trays: 1; Input Capacities: Up to 60 sheets standard; Up to 5 envelopes; Up to 20 sheets; Up to 10 sheets labels; Up to 60 sheets legal; Output Capacities: Up to 25 sheets standard; Up to 5 envelopes; Up to 20 cards; Up to 10 sheets labels; Up to 25 sheets legal
- What's in the Box: HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer; HP 63 Black Instant Ink Ready Cartridge (~190 pages); HP 63 Tri-color Instant Ink Ready Cartridge (~165 pages); Software CD; Setup Poster; Power cord; Phone cord.
- Instant Ink Eligible: Instant Ink Ready / Save up to 50% on ink. For more information visit https://www.hpinstantink.com
- Product Dimensions: W x D x H: 17.72 x 14.33 x 8.54 in; Maximum: 17.71 x 22.55 x 10.66 in
- Product Weight: 12.37 lb
- Warranty Features: One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week support
- Energy Efficiency Compliance: ENERGY STAR certified
- Display Description: 2.2 in (5.5 cm) Touch mono display with magic frame
- Software Included: HP Printer Software, HP Update, Show for Supplies Online, HP Photo Creations
- Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7; OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite
- Minimum System Requirements PC: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 8, 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft Internet Explorer. Windows Vista: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8. Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel Pentium II, Celeron or 233 MHz compatible processor ,850 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.
- Minimum System Requirements MAC: OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite; 1 GB HD; Internet; USB
- Power: Power Supply Type: Internal; Power Requirements: 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz); Power Consumption: 10 watts maximum, 0.1 watts (Off), 2.83 watts (Standby), 1.17 watt (Sleep)
- Acoustics: Acoustic Power Emissions: 6.0 B(A); Acoustic Pressure Emissions: 48 dB(A)
- Operating Environment: Operating Temperature Range: 41 to 104 degrees F; Recommended Operating Temperature: 59 to 90 degrees F; Storage Temperature Range: -40 to 140 degrees F; Non-Operating Humidity Range: 5% to 90% RH non-condensing; Operating Humidity Range: 15% to 80% RH non-condensing; Recommended Humidity Operating Range: 20% to 80% RH non-condensing
- HP Service and Support Options: UZ381E - HP 2 Year Care Pack Business Priority Support with Next Business Day Exchange; UZ382E - HP 3 Year Care Pack Business Priority Support with Next Business Day Exchange; UZ383E - HP 4 Year Care Pack Business Priority Support with Next Business Day Exchange
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer
HP 63 Black Instant Ink Ready Cartridge
HP 63 Tri-color Instant Ink Ready Cartridge