This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
The K-1 takes greatness to the next level. As the first full frame DSLR engineered under the PENTAX brand, the K-1 brings outstanding performance, operability and affordability to photographers. With its large 36.4 megapixel CMOS image sensor, the K-1 incorporates all of the performance of a high-resolution full frame 35mm digital camera as well as all of the unique PENTAX-original features and technologies that photographers have become accustomed to, in a compact, rugged, weather-resistant body.
High-resolution, fine-gradation images supported by approximately 36.4 effective megapixels
The K-1 features an AA filterless design that prioritizes image resolution. Coupled with the new PRIME IV imaging engine, capable of 14-bit RAW-format image recording. The K-1's unique full frame sensor and imaging engine design also allows for super-high-sensitivity shooting up to ISO 204800, producing beautiful, high-resolution images
In-body SR mechanism assures optimal shake reduction performance
The SR II five-axis mechanism enables accurate control of the large full-frame image sensor with all compatible PENTAX interchangeable lenses. In addition to camera shake caused by pitch and yaw, it effectively compensates for camera shake caused by horizontal and vertical shift, as well as camera shake caused by roll, which is difficult to deal with by lens-installed shake reduction mechanisms. Even when taking a panning shot, this system automatically detects the direction of the camera's movement, and efficiently controls the SR unit to always produce the best image possible.
Pixel Shift Resolution System with a new motion correction function
The K-1 uses the latest super-resolution technology, which captures four images of the same scene by shifting the image sensor by a single pixel for each image, and then synthesizes them into a single composite image. Since the K-1's SR unit has a flexible design that tilts the image sensor unit in all directions, it provides a host of handy shooting functions, including auto level compensation, image-composition fine-adjustment, and ASTRO TRACER, which simplifies advanced astronomical photography using a built-in GPS module.
Flexible tilt-type LCD monitor to accommodate various shooting angles
The K-1 features a newly designed, flexible tilt-type LCD monitor, which tilts horizontally, vertically or diagonally with a single action, without deviating from the lens's optical axis. 35 degrees of horizontal and 44 degrees of vertical adjustment can be achieved, the LCD panel can even be laid flat up or down. The 3.2-inch LCD monitor features a tempered-glass front panel for added durability and a unique air-gapless construction effectively reduces reflection.
Newly developed SAFOX 12 with 33 sensor points and full-frame-proportioned AF frame
The SAFOX 12 AF sensor module features 33 AF sensors (25 cross-type sensors positioned in the middle). The center sensor and the two sensors located just above and below it are designed to detect the light flux of an F2.8 lens, making it easy to obtain pinpoint focus on a subject when using a large-aperture lens.
Upgraded PENTAX Real-Time Scene Analysis System, with application of artificial intelligence technology
The K-1's advanced PENTAX Real-Time Scene Analysis System performs near instant analysis of exposure, color, movement and other factors. Combining with a breakthrough artificial intelligence technology called deep learning, the K-1 instantly optimizes settings for even the most difficult shooting situations.
Easy-to-focus optical viewfinder with nearly 100-percent field of view
Newly developed for its 35mm full-frame design, the K-1's optical viewfinder provides a nearly 100-percent field of view and an approximately 0.7-times magnification. A Natural Bright Matt III focusing screen allows ease of focusing and a true-to-life rendition of defocused areas in the viewfinder image.
Operation Assist LED Lighting
The GPS feature records shooting location, facing direction, and date and time into image data. Electronic Compass records the shooting direction, and Astro Tracer combines these features with SRII shake reduction to capture rock-steady images of heavenly objects in the night sky without streaking or blurring during long exposures.
- Primary color filter, CMOS, Size: 35.9 x 24.0mm, Effective pixels: 36.40 MP, Total pixels: 36.77 MP
- Recorded resolution photo: [35mm Full Frame]
JPG: L (36M): 7360x4912, M (22M): 5760x3840, S (12M): 4224x2816, XS (2M): 1920x1280
RAW: (36M): 7360x4912
- Recorded resolution photo: [APS-C size]
JPG: L (15M): 4800x3200, M (12M): 4224x2816), S (8M): 3456x2304, XS (2M): 1920x1280
RAW: (15M): 4800x3200
- Movie (resolution/FPS):
Full HD (1920x1080) @ 60i/50i/30p/25p/24p, HD (1280x720) @ 60p/50p
- Quality levels: Best, Better, Good, RAW (14-bit) PEF, DNG, RAW + JPEG
- Type/construction: PENTAX KAF2 bayonet mount (AF coupler, lens info contacts, K-mount w/ power contacts). Usable lens series: KAF3, KAF2 (power zoom compatible), KAF, KA mount lens
- Type: TTL: Phase-matching autofocus
- Focus Sensor: SAFOX 12, 33 point (25 cross type focus points in the center)
- Brightness Range: EV -3 to 18 (ISO100 @ normal temperature)
- AF mode: Single AF (AF.S), Continuous (AF, C)
- AF point selection: Spot, Select, Expanded Area (S, M, L), Zone select, Auto (33AF Points)
- AF assist light: dedicated LED AF assist light
- Type: Pentaprism finder
- Coverage (field of view): 100%
- Magnification: approx. 0.70X (50mm F1.4 at infinity)
- Eye relief length: approx. 20.6mm (from the view window), Approx 21.7 mm (from the center of lens)
- Focusing screen: Natural-Bright-Matte III focusing screen
- Diopter adjustment: approx. -3.5m to +1.2m-1
- Viewfinder overlay: AF Points, Grid Display, Electronic Level, AF Frame, Spot Metering
- Frame, Crop
- Type: wide viewing angle TFT color LCD, Air-gapless glass, Flexible tilt
- Size: 3.2 inch (3:2 Aspect)
- Resolution: 1037K dots
- Adjustment: brightness, saturation and colors adjustable
- Outdoor View Setting: adjustable ?2 step
- Type: TTL method using image sensor
- Focusing mechanism: Contrast detection (Face Detection, Tracking, Multiple AF points, Select, Spot), Focus peaking : On/Off
- Display: field of view approx 100%, magnified view (up to 16x), grid display (4x4 grid, golden section, scale display, square 1, square 2, grid color: black/white), histogram, bright area warning, composition adjustment
- Satellites: GPS, QZSS, SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/GAGAN/MSAS)
- Reception frequency: L1 1575.42MHz
- Recorded information: latitude, longitude, altitude, time (UTC), direction
- Geodesics: World Geodetic System (WGS84)
- GPS logging: KML format, logging interval 5/10/15/30 sec./1min., logging duration: 1
- 24hr (Up to 9 hrs at logging Interval 5 sec, up to 18 hrs. at logging interval 10 sec.)
- Flash modes: auto flash discharge, auto flash + red-eye reduction, flash on, flash on + red-eye reduction, slow speed sync, slow-speed sync + red-eye, P-TTL, trailing curtain sync, contrast-control sync*, high-speed sync*, wireless sync
*Contrast-control-sync and high-speed sync requires 2 or more dedicated external flashes
- Sync speed: 1/200 sec., flash exposure compensation: -2.0 to approx. +1.0 EV
- Internal memory: n/a
- Dual card slot: sequential use, save to both, separate RAW/JPG, image copy between slots possible
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card (conforms to USH-I standards)
- Connection port: USB 2.0 (Micro B), external power supply terminal, external cable switch
terminal, X-sync socket, HDMI output terminal (Type D), stereo microphone input terminal, headphone terminal
- USB Connection: MSC/PTP
- Standard: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Security: authentication, WPA2, Encryption: AES
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium-ion battery D-LI90
- AC Adapter: AC adapter kit K-AC132 (optional)
- Battery life: number of recordable images: approx 760, playback time approx 390 min.
* With a fully-recharged rechargeable lithium-ion battery, tested in compliance with CIPA standard. Actual results may vary depending on the shooting condition.
- Body dimensions approx. 5.37" (W) x 4.33"(H) x 3.37"(D) (excluding protrusions)
- Body Weight: 32.6oz (body only), 35.6oz (with battery and 1x SD card)
- Construction material(s): magnesium alloy shell over metal chassis
- Weather resistant: yes (87 special sealing parts)
- Operating temperature: 14-104?F (-10 to 40?C)
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian
- Type: sensor-shift shake reduction (SRII), 5-axis electronic level function: displayed in VF/LCD (Horizontal and vertical)
- Horizon correction: SR on: correction up to 1 degree, SR off: correction up to 2 degree
- Type: TTL open aperture metering using 86K pixel RGB sensor, multi-segment, center weighted and spot metering
- Range: EV-3 to 20 (ISO100 at 50mm F1.4)
- Exposure Mode: Scene Analyze Auto, Program, Sensitivity Priority, Shutter Priority,
- Aperture Priority, Shutter & Aperture Priority, Manual, Bulb, Flash X-sync Speed, USER1, USER2, USER3, USER4, USER5
- EV compensation: ?5EV (1/2EV steps or 1/3EV steps can be selected)
- AE lock: button type (timer type: two times the meter operating time set in custom setting); continuous as long as the shutter button is halfway pressed
- ISO AUTO/100 to 204800 (EV steps can be set to 1EV, 1/2EV or 1/3EV)
- AUTO WB, Multi Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Fluorescent Light (D: Daylight Color, N: Daylight White, W: Cool White, L: Warm White), Tungsten Light, CTE, Manual WB (up to 3 settings), Color Temperature Configuration (up to 3 settings), copying the white balance setting of a captured image
- Fine Adjustment: Adjustable ?7 steps on A-B axis or G-M axis
- Electronically controlled vertical-run focal plane shutter (electronic w/ Pixel Shift Resolution)
- Shutter speed: auto: 1/8000 to 30 sec., manual: 1/8000 to 30 sec. (1/3 or 1/2EV steps), Bulb
- Custom image: Auto Select, Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Radiant, Muted, Flat, Bleach Bypass, Reversal Film, Monochrome, Cross Processing Cross Process: Random, Preset 1-3, Favorite 1-3
- Digital filter: Extract Color, Replace Color, Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Shading, Invert Color, Unicolor Bold, Bold Monochrome
- Clarity: adjustable ?4 steps
- Skin tone: Type 1/Type 2
- HDR: Auto, HDR1, HDR2, HDR3, Advanced HDR, Exposure bracket value adjustable, Automatic composition correction function
Lens Correction: distortion correction, peripheral illumin. correction, lateral correction, aberration correction, diffraction correction D-RANGE compensation: highlight correction, shadow correction
- Composition adjust: ?1.5mm up, down, left or right (1mm when rotated); 1 degree of range
- Still image: single frame, continuous (H, M, L), self-timer (12s, 2s, continuous), remote control (0s., 3s., continuous), bracketing (2, 3 or 5 frames), mirror-up (possible to use with remote ctrl), multi-exposure (possible to use with continuous, self-timer or remote ctrl), interval shooting, interval composite, interval movie record, star stream
- Movie: remote control *bracketing, interval shooting, interval composite, interval movie record and star stream are possible to use with self-timer/remote control.
Continuous shooting (approximates)
Max. 4.4 fps, JPEG ( L: at Continuous H): up to 70 fr., RAW: up to. 17 fr.
Max. 3.0 fps, JPEG L: at Continuous M): up to 100 fr., RAW: up to 20 fr.
Max. 0.7 fps, JPEG ( L: at Continuous L): up to 100 fr., RAW: up to 100 fr.
Max. 6.5 fps, JPEG ( L: at Continuous H): up to 100 fr., RAW: up to approx. 50 fr.
Max. 3.0 fps, JPEG L: at Continuous M): up to 100 fr., RAW: up to 70 fr.
Max. 1.0 fps, JPEG ( L: at Continuous L): up to 100 fr., RAW: up to 100 fr.
Multi-exposure: composite mode (additive/average/bright) # of shots(2 to 2000 images)
- Interval shooting:
[Interval shooting] interval: 2s. to 24h./ standby interval: 1sec. to 24hrs., number of images: 2 to 2000, start interval: now/self-timer/remote control/set time
[Interval composite] interval: 2sec. to 24hrs./ standby interval: 1sec. to 24hrs., number of images: 2 to 2000, start interval: now/self-timer/remote control/set time, composite mode: additive/average/bright, save process: on/off
[Interval movie] recorded pixels: 4K/FullHD/HD, file format: motion JPEG (AVI), interval:2sec. to 24hrs./standby interval: 1sec. to 24hrs., number of shots: 8 to 2000 images (8 to 500 images at 4K), start interval: now/self-timer/remote control/set time
[Star stream] recorded pixels: 4K/FullHD/HD, file format: motion JPEG (AVI), interval:2sec. to 24hrs./ standby interval: 1sec. to 24hrs., number of shots: 8 to 2000 images (8 to 500 images at 4K), start interval: now/self-timer/remote control/set time, fade-out: off/low/medium/high
- Single frame, multi-image display (6,12, 20, 35, 80 segmentation), display magnification (up to 16, 100% display and quick magnification available), grid display (4x4 grid, golden section, scale display, square 1, square 2, grid color: black/white ), rotating, histogram (Y histogram, RGB histogram), bright area warning, auto image rotation, detailed information, copyright information (photographer, copyright holder), GPS information (latitude, longitude, altitude, coordinated universal time) , orientation, folder display, calendar filmstrip display, slide show
- Still: RAW (PEF, DNG), JPG (EXIF 2.30), DCF 2.0 compliant
- Movie: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV) - JPEG(AVI) for internal movie record
- Functions available: 26
COMPUTER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Windows 10/Windows 8.1 (32 bit/64 bit) / Windows 8 (32 bit/64 bit) / Windows 7 (32 bit/64 bit) / Windows Vista (32 bit/64bit). - Mac: Mac OS X 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7