802.11ac WiFi. The definition of fast.
MacBook Air supports ultrafast 802.11ac Wi-Fi. When connected to an 802.11ac base station - including AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule - wireless performance is up to 3x faster than with the previous generation of Wi-Fi or MacBook Air with 802.11n Wi-Fi. And your Wi-Fi range improves as well. With Bluetooth technology, you can connect MacBook Air to Bluetooth-enabled devices like speakers and headphones. Even without all the wires, you're totally connected.
Backlit keyboard. What you see is what you type.
As incredibly compact as MacBook Air is, it still manages to fit a full-size keyboard that makes typing as natural as it is comfortable. And the keyboard is backlit, so you can type with ease in even the dimmest light. A built-in ambient light sensor detects changes in lighting conditions and adjusts the display and keyboard brightness automatically. From a seat in a sunny cafe to a seat on a cross-country red-eye, you'll always have the perfect lighting for any environment.
Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.
With a Thunderbolt 2 port that's twice as fast as the previous generation, you can connect your MacBook Air to the latest devices and displays, like the Apple Thunderbolt Display. But that's not the whole story. MacBook Air also comes equipped with two USB 3 ports, so you can connect the latest USB 3 devices and all your USB 2 devices as well. With just a few connections, MacBook Air transforms from an ultraportable notebook to a complete workstation.
Fast all-flash storage. Ready. Set. Done.
Part of what makes MacBook Air so responsive is that it's designed entirely around flash storage. Not only does this make MacBook Air much lighter and more portable than traditional notebooks, it also provides faster access to data. This PCIe-based flash storage is up to 17x faster than a traditional 5400-rpm notebook hard drive. So when you flip open MacBook Air, it's ready to go right away. Even after a month in standby mode, the screen springs to life.
Up to 9 hours of battery life.
Thanks to compact all-flash storage in MacBook Air, there's plenty of room for a big battery. Working together with the power-efficient fifth-generation Intel Core architecture, this battery can post some impressive numbers. The 11-inch model gets up to 9 hours of battery life on a single charge. Put MacBook Air to sleep for more than 3 hours, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days. And if you enable Power Nap, you'll continue to receive new email and calendar invitations while your computer is asleep.
Fifth-generation Intel Core processors.
MacBook Air is powered by fifth-generation Intel Core i5 processor. This ultra-efficient architecture was designed to use less power and still deliver high performance. Which means not only can you do whatever you want - you can keep doing it for longer than before. In addition, the Intel HD Graphics 6000 processor offers advanced performance you'll especially notice with games and other graphics-intensive tasks.
Mac OS X
Includes Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Maps, iBooks, Safari, Mail, FaceTime, Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Time Machine, Photo Booth, iTunes, Game Center, Preview, Notes, Mac App Store, and more.
- Originally released March 2015
- 11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage1
- 720p FaceTime HD Camera
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Quality products at great prices
- One-year limited warranty
- Processor - 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- Memory - 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- Storage - 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Input/Output - Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps); MagSafe 2 power port; Thunderbolt 2 port (up to 20 Gbps)
- Audio - Stereo speakers; Dual microphones; Headphone port; Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
- Wireless - 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible; Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Size and weight
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
- Depth: 7.56 inches (19.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg)