Thunderbolt 2. Blazing-fast data transfer.
Each of the two ultrafast, ultraflexible Thunderbolt 2 ports significantly expand the capabilities of iMac. For example, you can connect high-performance peripherals and move data up to 40 times faster than with USB 2, and up to 25 times faster than with FireWire 800. You also have more than enough bandwidth - up to 20 Gbps - to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices and still maintain maximum throughput.
iCloud. Everything you love on your iMac. On all your devices.
iCloud stores your content and lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, and more from whatever device you're using. And with iCloud Drive, you can safely store all your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images, and any other kind of document in iCloud - and access them from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.3
5 millimeters thin. Just the right size to do something big.
The first iMac was a revolution: An all-in-one computer that put everything - display, processor, graphics, storage, memory, and more - inside one simple, stylish enclosure. Today's iMac includes the most advanced, most brilliant desktop display we've ever built, and it's filled with the latest high-performance technologies. Yet it's still just 5 mm thin at its edge.
Every millimeter of the Retina display was designed, engineered, and built to the most exacting standards. Something that 14.7 million pixels makes exceedingly clear. As does a 1.4 mm thin display panel designed around the human eye - so every interaction feels as natural as can be and it delivers a larger color palette with more accuracy.
Up to three times faster Wi-Fi.
With three-stream 802.11ac technology, iMac takes desktop Wi-Fi to unprecedented speeds. Simply connect to an 802.11ac base station - such as AirPort Extreme or AirPort Time Capsule - and reach data rates of up to 1.3 Gbps.2 That's triple the previous 802.11n standard. You also get double the channel bandwidth, with 80MHz-wide channels providing more room for more data to flow faster than ever.
Sixth-generation Intel Core processors.
An all-new sixth-generation Intel Core processor in the 27-inch iMac - at up to 4.0GHz - and 1867MHz memory. You couldn't ask for more speed. Yet Turbo Boost 2.0 gives you even more when you're using processor-intensive applications like Logic Pro or Final Cut Pro. It all takes place behind the scenes, but you'll see the difference in performance.
Mac OS X
Includes Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Safari, Mail, Messages, FaceTime, Calendar, Notes, App Store, iTunes, iBooks, Maps, Contacts, Reminders
Fusion Drive. High capacity. In a flash.
Fusion Drive is a breakthrough concept that combines the high storage capacity of a traditional hard drive with the high performance of flash storage. With Fusion Drive in your iMac with Retina 5K display, disk-intensive tasks - from booting up to launching apps to importing high-definition photos and video - are faster and more efficient. That's because frequently used items are kept at the ready on speedy flash storage, while infrequently accessed items go to the hard drive. The file transfers take place in the background, so you won't even notice.
- Processor - 3.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz)
- Memory - 8GB (two 4GB) of 1867MHz DDR3 memory; four SO-DIMM slots, user accessible
- Storage - 1TB Fusion Drive
- Graphics - AMD Radeon R9 M390 graphics processor with 2GB of GDDR5 memory
- Video Support and Camera
- FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to two 4096-by-2160 external displays or one 5120-by-2880 dual-cable external display
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
- Headphone port
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps, compatible with USB 2)
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports (up to 20 Gbps)
- Mini DisplayPort output with support for HDMI, DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Wireless - 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible; Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Size and weight
- Height: 20.3 inches (51.6 cm)
- Width: 25.6 inches (65.0 cm)
- Depth: 8 inches (20.3 cm) with stand
- Weight: 21 pounds (9.54 kg)