Designed for the new MacBook family of laptops, the Apple LED Cinema Display features a stunning 24-inch LED-backlit widescreen display with built-in iSight video camera, mic and speakers in an elegant, thin aluminum and glass enclosure. It also includes an integrated MagSafe charger, three USB 2.0 ports and the new Mini DisplayPort, making it easy for MacBook users to quickly connect and power their notebooks as well as use their favorite peripherals.
The 24-inch glossy,widescreen display with 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution uses LED-backlit technology to provide instant full-screen brightness and great power efficiency. LEDs are solid-state light sources that light up very quickly, so there's no waiting for your display when you connect your new MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air. With the built-in iSight camera, microphone, and speakers, you can connect your new MacBook-leaving it open or closed-and engage in video chats or listen to music just as you would with a desktop computer.
The LED Cinema Display includes a MagSafe connector that powers and charges your new MacBook. The connector sits on your desk, ready and waiting-no need to unravel the cord to the power adapter that came with your notebook. On the back of the display, you'll find three self-powered USB ports that are enabled the moment you plug the USB connector into your new MacBook. Connect a printer, camera, iPod, iPhone, USB hard drive... and they can stay connected so you can just grab your MacBook and go.
Tilt the LED Cinema Display to get the viewing angle that's best for your work environment. With its smooth-motion hinge, adjustment is effortless. Choose an angle anywhere from -5 to 25 degrees.
Part of the next-generation DisplayPort industry standard, the new Mini DisplayPort delivers a pure digital signal that can drive up to a 30-inch widescreen display. The Mini DisplayPort is ultra-compact at just 10 percent the size of a full DVI connector, perfect for the sleek design of the new MacBook family. Adapters are available for using the MacBook's Mini DisplayPort with older generation VGA, DVI/HDMI and Dual-Link DVI displays.
The new LED Cinema Display is the greenest Apple display ever, made with mercury-free LED technology, arsenic-free glass and highly recyclable materials. The LED Cinema Display meets stringent Energy Star 4.0 requirements and achieves EPEAT Gold status. The new display contains no brominated flame retardants, all internal cables and components are PVC-free and its foam packaging has been reduced by 44 percent.
- 24-inch (viewable) LED-backlit thin film transistor (TFT) active-matrix liquid crystal display.
- Supported resolutions - 1920 by 1200 pixels 1280 by 800 pixels 1024 by 640 pixels
- Compatible with MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro systems with Mini DisplayPort
- Three connectors - Mini DisplayPort, MagSafe, USB
- Three self-powered USB 2.0 ports. Built-in iSight camera with microphone. Built-in 2.1 speaker system.
- Compatibility - MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro systems with Mini DisplayPort
- Display - 24-inch (viewable) LED-backlit thin film transistor (TFT) active-matrix liquid crystal display
- Supported resolutions - 1920 by 1200, 1280 by 800, 1024 by 640 pixels
- Display colors (maximum) - 16.7 million
- Viewing angle - 178 degrees horizontal; 178 degrees vertical
- Brightness (typical) - 330 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio (typical) - 1000:1
- Response time (typical) - 14 ms
- Audio - Built-in 2.1 speaker system
- Maximum power - 212W (LED Cinema Display while charging MacBook Pro)
- Energy saver mode - 1W or less
- Connections - Three self-powered USB 2.0 ports; one cable with three connectors - Mini DisplayPort, MagSafe, USB 2.0
- Dimensions - 22.57 x 18.84 x 7.76 inches
- Weight - 21 pounds