ASUS Prime is the next evolution of the ASUS motherboard; born of a pedigree that stretches back to 1989. Our team of world-class engineers are passionate about empowering everyone to enjoy the benefits of customization and tuning; and the driving force behind the development of Prime is to make advanced enthusiast controls easily accessible - maximizing performance; stability and compatibility for the very best DIY PC experiences. Simply stated: it's time for Prime.
Built to Last
ASUS is the world's foremost motherboard manufacturer; renowned for our unique Design Thinking approach. Our exhaustive testing exceeds industry standards; supported by high-quality components for exceptional real-world protection. Our motherboards are proven to be compatible with more than 1;000 components and devices; and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8;000 hours of strict validation. ASUS gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your motherboard is fit for all environments and applications. By choosing ASUS; you also gain the freedom to select outstanding component options; for trouble-free DIY experiences.
Advanced Hardware Safeguards
Industry-leading 5X Protection II employs the finest components; excellent circuit design; and exacting standards to guarantee quality and long-term durability of your motherboard with all-round protection. For you; that means exceptional protection and stability for your build - the result of decades of engineering experience from the world's leading motherboard brand.
LANGuard Pumped-up throughput. 2.5x higher surge tolerance.
ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to ensure a more reliable connection and better throughput; plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against surges.
Overvoltage Protection - World-class circuit-protecting power design
An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to protect your chipset; connectivity ports; and audio codecs from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
DRAM Overcurrent Protection
Onboard resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
Stainless-Steel Back I/O
Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide have a lifespan that's three times longer than ordinary panels.
ASUS ESD Guards prevent damage from electrostatic discharge; up to +/- 10kV for air discharge and +/- 6kV for contact discharge; arranged in an active-protective-circuit design that prolongs the life of components.
Having the freedom to pick and choose the parts that go into your machine is at the heart of PC DIY. Our extensive certification program focuses on providing the very best compatibility with the widest range of components and devices; giving you the freedom to build and upgrade without frustration. Compatible today and compatible far into the future - that's the ASUS way.
Extensive List of Supported Devices
The superior compatibility of Prime series is evidenced by our extensive list of supported devices - which includes thousands of compatible components - and our Qualified Vendor List that identifies memory compatibility. That means more choices for worry-free PC-building experiences.
Great Compatibility with ASUS Products
ASUS offers a suite of proprietary components - graphics cards; sound cards; optical drives - that perfectly complement the Prime series; so you can complete your custom motherboard build with confidence!
ASUS motherboards have superb endurance. We verify this by subjecting every board to more than 8;000 hours of stringent tests. A barrage of burn-in; environmental; compatibility; software and safety tests confirm that our motherboards are exceptionally robust. It also shows that ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards; ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment.
Speed Up with Onboard M.2 Up to 8Gb/s
With x2 PCI Express 2.0/1.0 bandwidth; M.2 supports up to 8Gb/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive; making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
Instant front-panel USB 3.1 Gen 1 Experience
We've put USB 3.1 Gen 1 right where you need it - four super-speed ports on the front panel. Experience data-transfer speeds up to 10X faster than USB 2.0 with instant plug-and-play connectivity; so no more back-breaking contortions in the hunt for hard-to-reach rear ports!
Safe Motherboard Mounting
Fitting your ASUS motherboard is now safer than ever. The comprehensive component-free 'safe zones' around every case-mounting hole minimizes the risk of damage and short circuits caused by contact - so you'll assemble your PC with total confidence!
Even if you work with a smaller case; just push down on the one-sided clip and push or pull RAM modules in or out - removing memory is that simple!
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker; EZ and Advanced modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
AI Suite 3
ASUS AI Suite 3 offers a brand-new user experience through a clearer and more attractive interface with support for larger monitors. It consolidates all exclusive ASUS features into one simple-to-use package; allowing you to supervise overclocking; energy consumption; fan speeds; voltages and more. This all-in-one app offers diverse and easy-to-use functionality; with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities.
- Proven quality - 5X Protection. 1000+ compatible devices. 8000+ validation hours.
- AI Suite 3: One-stop access to innovative ASUS features
- New UEFI BIOS and EZ Mode: Friendlier; easier; and more intuitive with helpful info added
- 2 x U-DIMM; Max. 8GB; DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Integrated Graphics Processor
- Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/RGB/LVDS ports; Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 24 Hz; Supports LVDS with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz; Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 512 MB (for iGPU exclusively)
- Supports up to 3 displays simultaneously
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode)
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
- Realtek RTL8111H; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- Realtek ALC887-VD2 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection; Front Panel Jack-retasking
- Built-in Controller: 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at back panel; 2 at mid-board)
- Built-in Controller: 2 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel)
- GL852G USB Hub: 4 x USB port(s) (4 at mid-board)
- ASUS 5X Protection II: ASUS LANGuard - 2.5X higher surge tolerance; ASUS Overvoltage Protection - World-class circuit-protecting power design; ASUS DRAM Overcurrent Protection - Prevents damage from short circuits; ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O - 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability; ASUS ESD Guards - Electrostatic discharge protection
- ASUS Exclusive Features: AI Suite 3; Ai Charger
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution: Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
- ASUS EZ DIY: ASUS EZ Flash 3; ASUS MyLogo 2; ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- ASUS Q-Design: ASUS Q-DIMM
Operating System Support
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- 1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
- 1 x D-Sub
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x COM port(s)
- 3 x Audio jack(s)
Internal I/O Ports
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
- 1 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 1 with E Key; type 2230 Wi-Fi/BT devices support or PCIe/USB mode
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key; type 2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIe x 2 mode)
- 1 x LPT header
- 1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- 1 x Panel off header
- 1 x LVDS connector(s)
- 1 x System panel connector
- 1 x Flat panel display brightness connector
- 1 x Display panel VCC power selector
- 1 x Speaker connector
- 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; DMI2.0; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 3.0; ACPI 6.0; Multi-language BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 3; My Favorites; Quick Note; Last Modified log; F12 PrintScreen; F3 Shortcut functions and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information; ErP ready
- WfM 2.0; DMI 2.0; WOL by PME; PXE
- ASUS Utilities
- EZ Update
- Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Thin Mini ITX Form Factor: 6.7 inch x 6.7 inch (17 cm x 17 cm)