ASUASUS Prime 300 Series motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your first build; plus flexibility to grow with your ambitions. We've melded all the good stuff that's packed into the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processors with essential ASUS design and engineering; so you benefit from industry-leading technologies - including automated system tuning; comprehensive cooling controls and immersive onboard audio. When you build with an ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboard; you build smart; easy and affordably. S Prime 300 Series motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your first build; plus flexibility to grow with your ambitions. We've melded all the good stuff that's packed into the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processors with essential ASUS design and engineering; so you benefit from industry-leading technologies - including automated system tuning; comprehensive cooling controls and immersive onboard audio. When you build with an ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboard; you build smart; easy and affordably.
Improved DDR4 Stability
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer and our T-Topology trace layout ensures time-aligned signaling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements allow the Prime 300 Series to support a wide range of dual and quad-DIMM memory kits; while providing your rig with the stability it needs to deal with any type of workload - whether you're gaming or running intensive applications
ASUS OptiMem benefits
- Improved memory stability and compatibility
- Allows lower memory latencies at equivalent voltages
- Improved memory frequency margin
Cooler By Design
Prime 300 Series features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever; configurable via ASUS Fan Xpert software or the UEFI BIOS.
Media-Acclaimed Uefi Bios
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey and Prime 300 Series has one of the best in the business.
Can configure the fan's operating speed manually; or use the easy pre-configured fan profiles to select Standard; Silent; Turbo or Full Speed modes; plus automatic switch to full speed if the temperature hits 75 degreeC.
When you're ready for a deeper dive; Advanced mode enables full control over every aspect of the motherboard - with a built-in Search function to find the setting you need in the blink of an eye.
Usb 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A
Ultimate-speed 10Gbps with USB 3.1 Gen 2 onboard
With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A; you'll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps - twice as fast as standard USB 3.1 Gen 1.
Usb 3.1 Gen 1 Front-Panel Connector
Future-proof connectivity - USB 3.1 Gen 1 is right where you need it; with four super-speed headers for the front panel. Experience data-transfer speeds up to 10X faster than USB 2.0 with instant plug-and-play connectivity and avoid back-breaking contortions in the hunt for hard-to-reach rear ports.
Speed up with onboard M.2 - With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth; M.2 supports up to 32Gbps data-transfer speeds. It's the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive; providing fast access to data.
Intel Optane Memory
Intel Optane memory ready - Intel Optane is a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by Prime 300 Series motherboards. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times; so everything feels faster and more responsive.
Built To Last
ASUS is the world's leading motherboard brand. Our motherboards are extensively tested for compatibility with more than 1;000 components and devices and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8;000 hours of strict validation - offering the peace of mind of knowing that your ASUS motherboard is fit for all environments and applications. Choosing ASUS is an assurance of trouble-free DIY experiences.
5X Protection Iii
Prime 300 Series motherboards are engineered with industry-leading 5X Protection III; employing the finest components; excellent circuit design and exacting standards to guarantee the quality and long-term durability of your investment. That means exceptional protection and stability for your build - thanks to decades of engineering experience from the world's leading motherboard brand.
Compatible Devices And Components
The superior compatibility of Prime 300 Series is evidenced by our extensive list of supported devices - which includes thousands of compatible components - and our Qualified Vendor List (QVL) that identifies memory compatibility. It all adds up to more choices for worry-free PC-building experiences.
ASUS motherboards offer superb endurance. We verify this by subjecting every board to more than 8;000 hours of stringent tests. A barrage of burn-in; environmental; compatibility; software and safety tests confirm that our motherboards are exceptionally robust. It also shows that ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards; ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment.
Combined onboard features deliver elevated audio - Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you've ever experienced!
Separates analog/digital signal domains; significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
Separate Layer For Left And Right Tracks
Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
Premium Japanese-Made Audio Capacitors
Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature; with exceptional fidelity.
Outshine the competition - A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura Sync offers full lighting connected via the motherboard's RGB header; with a variety of functional presets for external LED strips.
Brighten Up Your Build
LED-illuminated control for trace paths - Built-in LED lighting options illuminate your build in a variety of eye-catching styles.
Beyond Vr Ready
Complete your immersion - Prime 300 series isn't just VR ready - it goes way beyond. The ASUS Beyond VR Ready marque means that Prime 300 series has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity; gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
- ASUS OptiMem: Careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved memory stability.
- Fan Xpert 2: Flexible controls for ultimate cooling and quietness; plus GPU-temperature sensing for cooler gaming.
- 5X Protection III: Multiple hardware safeguards for all-round protection.
- ASUS Aura Sync header: Onboard connector for RGB LED strips; easily synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura Sync-capable hardware.
- Ultrafast connectivity: Supreme flexibility with USB 3.1 Gen 2 Intel Optane memory ready and native M.2 support for Lightning-fast storage speeds.
- Intel Socket 1151 for 8th Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
- Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Intel B360 Chipset: 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un buffered Memory; Dual Channel Memory Architecture; Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel HD Graphics support
- Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DVI-D/RGB ports; Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 60 Hz; Supports DVI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 60 Hz; Supports D-sub with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB (for iGPU exclusively)
- Supports Intel InTru 3D; Quick Sync Video; Clear Video HD Technology; Insider
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 mode)
- 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- Intel B360 Chipset: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode) 1 x M.2 Socket 3;; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode); 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s); gray
- Realtek RTL8111H; 1 x Gigabit LAN
- ASUS LAN Guard
- Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC: Supports: Jack-detection; Front Panel Jack-retasking
- Audio Feature: LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path; Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference; Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals; Premium Japanese audio capacitors: Provide warm; natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- Intel B360 Chipset: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 up to 10Gbps port(s) (2 at back panel; teal blue; Type-A)
- Intel B360 Chipset: 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 up to 5Gbps port(s) (1 at back panel;; USB Type-CTM; 2 at mid-board)
- Intel B360 Chipset: 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (2 at back panel; +black; Type-A; 4 at mid-board)
ASUS 5X Protection III
- ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges; lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM: Premium components provide better power efficiency
- Optimem (Improved DDR4 stability)
ASUS Exclusive Features
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- PC Cleaner
- File Transfer
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
- ASUS Fan Xpert 2+
ASUS EZ DIY
- ASUS Crash Free BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 32Gb/s data transfer speeds)
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- 1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
- 1 x DVI-D
- 1 x D-Sub
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (teal blue)Type-A; up to 10Gbps
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 USB Type-CTM up to 5Gbps
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x 8-channel Audio I/O
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x Aura RGB Strip Header
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 devices
- 1 x TPM header
- 1 x LPT header
- 1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
- 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
- 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin EATX 12V Power connectors
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- 1 x System panel connector
- 1 x Chassis intrusion header
- 1 x Speaker connector
- User's manual
- I/O Shield
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 2 x M.2 screws
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- 128Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; SM BIOS 3.1; ACPI 6.1; Multi-language BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 3; Crash Free BIOS 3; F3 My Favorites; Last Modified log; F4 AURA ON/OFF; F6 Qfan Control; F9 Search; F12 Print Screen and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial
- Presence Detect) memory information
- Micro ATX Form Factor: 9.6 in x 8.1 in ( 24.4 cm x 20.6 cm )