The new WS X299 Sage blends tremendous GPU performance with up to Quad-SLI support; server-grade validation and comprehensive cooling options to deliver the perfect system build for training neural networks and crunching other scalable compute loads. Dual PLX chips extend the number of PCIe lanes to provide additional expansion slots; giving you robust connectivity options to configure your system with the tools you need to get your job done.
WS X299 Sage fits up to four dual-slot graphics cards and supports both NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX4-way configurations to enable multi-GPU setups that harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies; including NVIDIA Quadro. With performance beyond 15.23 TFLOPS; NVIDIA Quadro is the perfect complement to WS X299 Sage; delivering the best performance for design; modeling; medical research and processing-intensive simulation and rendering applications.
Asus Control Center
WS X299 Sage features ASUS Control Center (ACC); a centralized and integrated IT management platform for monitoring and controlling ASUS commercial products; including servers; workstations and digital signage. ACC enables remote BIOS updates; monitoring of multiple systems via mobile devices and one-click software updates and dispatching; allowing easier server management for any IT infrastructure.
One-click overclocking and cooling
ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your workstation smart. One click takes care of complex tuning; dynamically optimizing essential aspects of the system to provide overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
- An automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet with everyday computing and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
- Stress test function helps optimize and overclock for CPU- or memory-centric workloads.
Media-Acclaimed Uefi Bios
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controllable graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned over clocker; EZ and Advanced modes will help you find your way with ease.
Ez Tuning Wizard
Quickly apply a CPU overclock to improve system performance; or configure a RAID array for faster data retrieval and backups
Quickly discover tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
Make Your Memory Go Faster
With optimized trace paths for time-aligned signaling and minimal crosstalk; third-generation ASUS T-Topology offers enhanced memory stability and compatibility; allowing support for memory speeds of DDR4-4200MHz and beyond.
Oc Design - Asus Pro Clock Ii Technology
WS X299 Sage includes a dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and BCLK overclocking control; providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from Intel Core-series processors.
Flexible Cooling Controls
WS X299 Sage features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever; configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
Ultra-Efficient Vrm Heatsink
Designed for the powerful Intel Core X-series processor with up to 18 cores; WS X299 Sage features a capable thermal design to ensure maximum performance with no CPU throttling. Consisting of an ultra-efficient VRM heatsink with a metal fin array design that maximizes surface area for heat dissipation; plus an additional heatsink and connecting heat pipe to further increase cooling performance; this innovative thermal design ensures WS X299 Sage is always ready to handle any task; no matter how demanding.
Multiple Plx Heatsinks
With its dual PLX chips that increase the number of available PCIe lanes to enable 4-way GPU configurations; WS X299 Sage also features a robust thermal solution to dissipate the heat that comes with routing so much high-speed traffic. An additional heatsink array and heat pipe cover the PLX chips and are positioned in the path of maximum airflow within the chassis; reducing PLX temperatures by up to 20 degree C to ensure optimal cooling and system stability.
Procool Power Connector
ASUS ProCool is the power connector reinvented. Compared with traditional power connectors; ProCool connectors provide a more secure; low resistance connection; enabling better heat dissipation and improved reliability
Dual Onboard M.2
Unleashed storage speeds of up to 32Gbps. WS X299 Sage features dual onboard M.2 slots; each operating at X4 PCI Express 3.0 to provide an abundant 32Gbps of bandwidth.
Upgrade your RAID - Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) obliterates PCH-based RAID arrays that are bottlenecked by the 32Gbps limit of the DMI bus; allowing you to utilize CPU PCIe lanes to configure a bootable RAID array that can transfer data at insane speeds.
Dual U.2 Connectors
Join the NV Me revolution - The revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Simply attach your choice of drive and experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps - and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card
Intel Optane Memory
Intel Optane memory ready - Intel Octanes a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by WS X299 Sage. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times; so everything feels faster and more responsive.
Usb 3.1 Gen 2 Front-Panel Connector
Future-proof connectivity - WS X299 Sage's front panel USB 3.1 connector is ready for next-gen PC cases and devices.
Usb 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C
Ultimate-speed 10Gbps with USB 3.1 Gen 2 onboard - With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-And reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-Cports; you'll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
Dual Intel Server-Class Gigabit Lan
More throughput; less CPU usage - For more reliable networking; WS X299 Sage features the latest server-class dual Intel Gigabit LAN ensuring lower CPU utilization and temperatures outstanding performance as well as better support for diverse operating systems. The dual Ethernet ports also support teaming which combines the network links to provide higher throughput or redundancy in case of failure.
Server-Grade Memory Validation
WS X299 Sage supports up to 128GB of quad-channel DDR4 RAM to readily handle the larger data sets found in professional workloads. Strict validation with a wide variety of memory types and operating conditions - including factors such as time; temperature and voltage ranges - ensures that WS X299 Sage provides the reliability and stability professionals depend upon to get their work done.
Protect your Graphics Card Investment. Safe Slot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide protect your graphics card investment. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-molding process; Safe Slot integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot; which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points
- Designed for 7th generation LGA2066 socket Intel Core-Series processors with dual M.2; front panel USB 3.1 Gen2; Dual Gigabit Intel LAN; support for Thunderbolt 3; Intel VROC and IntelOptane Memory compatibility
- OC Design featuring ASUS ProClock and T-Topology Technology extends CPU and Memory overclocking margins while providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance for memory speeds of DDR4-4133 MHz and beyond
- 5-Way Optimization featuring Auto-Tuning and Fan pert 4 delivers automatic overclocking profiles for maximum OC performance while headers for thermal sensors; AIO pump and water-cooling provide dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot features an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for stronger; firmly anchored PCIe slots built for heavyweight GPUs; ideal for supporting 3-Way NVIDIASLI or AMD Crossfire
- Industry-leading 7.1-channel HD audio enhanced by ASUS exclusive Realtek S1220A featuring Crystal Sound 3; DTS Headphone:X and driven by Japanese capacitors for warm; immersive sound
- Complete IT Infrastructure Management with In-band ASUS Control Center providing a complete server management solution reducing IT operating costs with features like remote BIOS updating; monitoring multiple systems via mobile device and one-click software updates/dispatching.
- AURA Sync RGB lighting via Addressable RGB header features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
- Intel Socket 2066 Core-Series Processors
- Supports Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC)
- Intel Core-series Processors (6-core above): 8 x DIMM; Max. 128GB; DDR4 4200(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Intel Core-series Processors (4-core): 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 4200(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory; Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Supports NVIDIA 4-Way SLITechnology
- Supports AMD 4-Way Crossfire Technology
- 7 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (single x16 or dual x16/x16 or triple x16/x16/x16 or quad x16/x16/x16/x16 or seven x16/x8/x8/x8/x8/x8/x8)
- Intel X299 Chipset: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode); 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode) 8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s); 2 x U.2 connector; Support Raid 0; 1; 5; 10; Support Intel Rapid; Storage Technology enterprise 5.1 for X Series(6-core and above) CPU RAID; Supports; Intel Smart Response Technology; Intel Rapid Storage Technology 15 support; Intel Optane Memory Ready; Intel Virtual RAID (VROC) support for CPU RAID
- Intel I210-AT; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- Intel I219-LM ; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- Realtek ALC S1220A 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC: Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs; Internal audio Amplifier to enhance the highest quality sound for headphone and speakers; Supports: Jack-detection; Multi-streaming; Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking; High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 113 dB (Line-in)
- Audio Feature: DTS Connect; DTS Headphone:X Audio amplifier: Provides the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers; Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm; natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity; Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs
- Separate layer for left and right track; ensuring both sound deliver equal quality
- Intel X299 Chipset: 8 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (6 at back panel; 2 at mid-board)
- Intel X299 Chipset: 4 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel )
- AS Media USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel; Type-A + USB Type-C)
- AS Media USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (1 at mid-board)
5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU; EPU; DIGI+ VRM; Fan Xpert 4 and Turbo Core App
- Fan Xpert 4 featuring Fan Auto Tuning function and multiple thermistors selection for optimized system cooling control
ASUS 5X Protection III
- ASUS Safe Slot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
- ASUS Enhanced DRAM Overcurrent Protection - Short circuit damage prevention
- ASUS ESD Guards - Enhanced ESD protection
ASUS Digital Power Design
- Industry leading Digital 8 Phase CPU Power Design
- Industry leading Digital 2 Phase DRAM Power Design
- Aura RGB Strip Headers
- Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)
ASUS Exclusive Features
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger+
- Crystal Sound 3
ASUS EZ DIY
- ASUS Crash Free BIOS
- ASUS EZ Flash
- ASUS USB BIOS Flashback
- Multi-language BIOS
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Code
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU; DRAM; VGA; Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
M.2 And U.2 Onboard (The Latest Transfer Technology With Up To 32Gb/S Data-Transfer Speeds For M.2 And U.2)
Asus Control Center (ACC) IT management software supported
Operating System Support
Back I/O Ports
- 2 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (teal blue)Type-A
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (black)USB Type-CTM
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
- 4 x USB 2.0 (one port can be switched to USB BIOS Flashback)
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
- 1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
- 1 x 8-channel Audio I/O
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)
- 2 x U.2 port
- 1 x AAFP connector
- 1 x Aura RGB Strip Header
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x TPM header
- 1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x VROC_HW_Key
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
- 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s)
- 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
- 1 x AIO_PUMP connector
- 1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 6-pin ATX Power connector
- 2 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x EZ XMP switch
- 1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
- 1 x Power-on button(s)
- 1 x Reset button(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
- 1 x Water Pump header (4-pin)
- 1 x System panel connector
- 1 x Thermal sensor connector
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector
- 1 x CPU_OV jumper
- 1 x MemOK! Button
- 1 x M.2 Fan Header
- User's manual
- ASUS Q-Shield
- 1 x Vertical M.2 bracket set
- 1 x COM port cable(s)
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 1 x M.2 screws
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- 1 x MOS Cooling kit (fan bracket and 40mm x 40mm fan)
- 1 x 3-Way SLI bridge(s)
- 1 x 4-Way SLI bridge(s)
- 1 x SLI HB BRIDGE(2-WAY-M)
- 1 x Q-Connector
- CEB Form Factor: 12 inch x 10.5 inch ( 30.5 cm x 26.7 cm )
- Color Box(3-in-1)
- Net Weight: 5.55kg
- Bulk Pack(5-in-1)
- Net Weight: 6.99kg
- Operation temperature: 10? ~ 35?
- Non operation temperature: -40? ~ 70?
- Non operation humidity: 20% ~ 90% ( Non condensing)