ASUS Prime Z370 Series motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your first build; plus loads of scope to grow with your ambitions. We've melded all the good stuff that's packed into the latest Intel processors with essential ASUS design and engineering; so you benefit from industry-leading technologies -including automated system tuning; comprehensive cooling controls; immersive onboard audio; and support for the ASUS Fan Extension Card. Build smart and easy with ASUS Prime Z370.
Power Delivery Enhancements
DR. MOS: The Prime Z370-A II's CPU VRM utilizes Dr. MOS power stages that combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and drivers into a single package; delivering the power and efficiency that Intel's latest processors demand.
ProCool power connector: Compared with traditional power inputs; ProCool sockets are built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines. This lowers impedance; which helps to prevent hotspots and connector failure.
Tune it your way
5-Way Optimization: ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart. One click takes care of complex tuning; dynamically optimizing essential aspects of the system to provide overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
- An automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet with everyday computing and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
- Stress test function helps optimize and overclock for CPU- or memory-centric workloads.
CPU performance boost: Unleash your PC's full performance with the ASUS Al Suite 3 utility. The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is the intelligence behind our automated system-tuning utility; offering the ability to fine-tune voltages; monitor system stats; and adjust overclock parameters for optimal performance.
All-round energy efficiency: With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode-a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Flexible cooling controls for air or liquid: With PRIME Z370-A II you have comprehensive control over fans; water pumps; and even all-in-one (AIO) coolers - all via Fan Xpert 4 or our media-acclaimed UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water; Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also Extreme Quiet mode; which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum - keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Precise digital power control: Digi+delivers real-time control over voltage droop; switching frequency and power - efficiency settings; allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
App specific optimization for professionals and gamers: Whether you're a professional designer or hardcore gamer; you'll feel the benefit of the ASUS-exclusive Turbo App. This intuitive tool allows you to define CPU overclocking; apply fan profiles; prioritize network data and optimize audio setting at app level - so your PRIME Z370-A II system is perfectly optimized for whatever you're doing.
Make your memory go faster
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing memory traces and visa to the optimal PCB layer; and our T-Topology layout ensures time-aligned signaling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements lead to more headroom for overclocking and improved stability; allowing memory speeds of DDR4-4000 and beyond with all slots populated.
Improved stability and overclocking with all slots populated
OC Design - ASUS Pro Clock Technology
PRIME Z370-A II includes a dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and BCLK overclocking control; providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from the Intel Core 8th Generation processors.
Cooler by design
PRIME Z370-A II features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever; configurable via Fan Expert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
- Multiple temperature sources: Each header can be set to monitor and react to three thermal sensors; and via Fan Xpert 4 you can even assign a sensor to monitor the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards - for optimal cooling during GPU- or CPU-intensive workloads.
- AIO pump: A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
- 4-pin PWM/DC fan: Each onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
- ASUS Fan Extension Card support: Includes three additional DC or PWM fan headers; plus three thermal-probe headers.
- Smart protection: A dedicated integrated circuit protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
ASUS Fan Holder
With the all-new ASUS Fan Holder increasing airflow your Prime Z370 Series motherboard's VRM area is simple. Just screw on a 40/50mm fan; mount the bracket on the heatsink; and hook the fan up to a header for a targeted cooling boost. With the Fan Holder and fan in place; VRM temperatures are reduced by up to 25oC - perfect for your overclocking adventures.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controllable graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned over clocker; EZ and Advanced modes will help you quickly find your way; quickly and easily.
Quickly apply a CPU overclock to improve system performance; or configure a RAID array for faster data retrieval and backups
Quickly discover tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
Speed up with onboard M.2 up to 32Gbps
- With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth; M.2 supports up to 32Gbps data-transfer speeds. It's the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive; providing fast access to data.
Keep your SSD cooler
- PRIME Z370-A II has an ultra-efficient heatsink to reduce M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20 degreeC - and that means optimal storage performance and improved SSD longevity.
Intel Optane memory
Intel Optane memory ready
- Intel Optane is a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by PRIME Z370-A II. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times; so everything feels faster and more responsive.
USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C
Ultimate-speed 10Gbps with USB 3.1 Gen 2 onboard
- With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C ports; you'll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
ThunderboltEX 3 Card
Experience blistering ThunderboltTM 3 speeds and any-way-up connectivity
- PRIME Z370-A II provides full support for a ThunderboltEX 3 card. An Intel-certified Thunderbolt 3 add-on card enables breathtaking bi-directional speeds of up to 40Gbps through a single cable - up to 4X faster than other PC data-transfer protocols. Beyond sheer bandwidth; Thunderbolt 3 supports daisy-chaining up to six devices; utilizes a Type-C reversible connector for compatibility with the latest USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C devices; and meets USB Power Delivery specifications for fast; high-power charging of up to 36W.
More throughput; less CPU usage
- PRIME Z370-A II features the very latest Intel Ethernet. Intel's LAN has the advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput for faster; smoother data transfer.
Reliable stability and compatibility
Protect your graphics card investment
- Safe Slot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-molding process; Safe Slot integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot; which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
Built to Last
ASUS is the world's foremost motherboard manufacturer; renowned for our unique Design Thinking approach. Our exhaustive testing exceeds industry standards; supported by high-quality components for exceptional real-world protection. Our motherboards are proven to be compatible with more than 1;000 components and devices; and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8;000 hours of strict validation. ASUS gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your motherboard is fit for all environments and applications. By choosing ASUS; you also gain the freedom to select outstanding component options; for trouble-free DIY experiences.
Upgrade to unrivalled audio
Realtek codec and unique design features for pristine; powerful audio
- PRIME Z370-A II utilizes a unique audio codec designed in close collaboration with Realtek - the Realtek S1220A. It also features an unprecedented 120dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 113dB SNR for the line-in; providing pristine audio quality. Additionally; a new impedance-sensing circuit automatically adjusts gain to ensure the optimal volume range for your headphones.
DTS Headphone: X
- Immersive 3D surround-sound technology provides incredible audio experiences.
Crystal Sound 3
Flawless audio that immerses you in the game
- Power pre-regulator: Reduces power-input noise to ensure consistent performance.
- Integrated amplifier: Capable of driving high-impedance headphones; without rolling-off high or low frequencies.
- Audio shielding: Separates analog/digital signal domains; significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
- De-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
- Separate layer for left and right tracks: Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature; with exceptional fidelity.
Visual beauty; virtual worlds
Outshine the competition
- A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura Sync offers full RGB control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as the LED strips connected to the onboard RGB headers. And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
Beyond VR ready
Complete your immersion
- PRIME Z370-A II isn't just VR ready - it goes way beyond. The ASUS Beyond VR Ready marque means that PRIME Z370-A II has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity; gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
- Ready for Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Gen Intel Core; Pentium Gold and Celeron processors
- Enhanced power solution: Premium components provide better power efficiency
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click; system-wide tuning delivers optimized overclocks and intelligent cooling for CPU or GPU-intensive tasks
- ASUS OptiMem: Careful routing of traces and visa to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
- Industry-leading cooling options: Comprehensive controls for fans and water pumps; via Fan Expert 4 software or the acclaimed ASUS UEFI
- Next-gen connectivity: Supreme flexibility with Intel Optane memory ready; Thunderbolt 3 and dual M.2 support
- M.2 heatsink: Ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20 degreeC for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability
- ASUS Aura Sync: Controllable onboard RGB lighting that can be easily synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable hardware
- Intel Socket 1151 9th / 8th Gen Intel Core; Pentium Gold and Celeron Processors
- Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel HD Graphics support
- Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI-D/DisplayPort ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 30 Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 60 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB (for iGPU exclusively)
- Supports Intel InTru 3D; Quick Sync Video; Clear Video HD Technology; Insider
- Supports up to 3 displays simultaneously
- DP 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport compliant; supports DP 1.2 monitor daisy chain up to 3 displays
- Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI Technology
- Supports AMD 3-Way Crossfire Technology
- 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16; x8/x8; x8/x4+x4; x8+x4+x4/x0)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
- 4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; ; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; ; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode only)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s); gray
- Support Raid 0; 1; 5; 10
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology supports
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Intel I219V; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- ASUS Turbo LAN Utility
- ASUS LAN Guard
- Realtek S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Internal audio Amplifier to enhance the highest quality sound for headphone and speakers
- Supports : Jack-detection; Multi-streaming; Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking
- High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input (Line-in)
- Front panel audio connector (AAFP)
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
- Audio Feature :
- DTS Headphone:X
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm; natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs
- Power pre-regulator: Reduces power input noise to ensure consistent performance
- AS Media USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (1 at back panel; teal blue; Type-A; Support 3A power output)
- AS Media USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (1 at back panel; ; USB Type-CTM; Support 3A power output)
- Intel Z370 Chipset :
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at back panel; ; 4 at mid-board)
- Intel Z370 Chipset :
- 6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel; ; 4 at mid-board)
- OC Design - ASUS PRO Clock Technology
- Full BCLK range for extreme overclocking performance
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- Whole system optimization with a single click! 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU; EPU; DIGI+ Power Control; Fan Expert 4; and Turbo App together; providing better CPU performance; efficient power saving; precise digital power control; whole system cooling and even tailor your own app usages.
- ASUS 5X Protection III :
- ASUS Safe Slot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges; lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
- ASUS Enhanced DRAM Overcurrent Protection - Short circuit damage prevention
- ASUS ESD Guards - Enhanced ESD protection
- ASUS TPU :
- ASUS EPU :
- AURA :
- Aura Lighting Control
- Aura RGB Strip Headers
- Aura Lighting Effects Synchronization with compatible ASUS ROG devices
- ASUS Exclusive Features :
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- Turbo LAN
- Crystal Sound 3
- PC Cleaner
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
- ASUS Fan Expert 4
- ASUS EZ DIY :
- Precision Tweaker 2
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS O.C. Profile
- ASUS Crash Free BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- Multi-language BIOS
- ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU; DRAM; VGA; Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x DVI-D
- 1 x DisplayPort
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A;
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 USB Type-CTM
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
- 5 x Audio jack(s)
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x Aura RGB Strip Header
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode only)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector) (Chassis intrusion header is inbuilt)
- 1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
- 1 x MemOK! button(s)
- 1 x CPU OV
- 1 x Power-on button(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- 1 x 14-1 pin TPM connector
- 1 x COM port header
- 1 x T_Sensor Connector
- 1 x AIO PUMP Header
- 1 x M.2 Fan Header
- User's manual
- ASUS Q-Shield
- 1 x ASUS Fan Holder
- 3 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 1 x M.2 Screw Package
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- 1 x SLI HB BRIDGE(2-WAY-M)
- 1 x Q-connector(s) (1 in 1)
- 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 3.1; ACPI 6.1; Multi-language BIOS;
- ASUS EZ Flash 3; Crash Free BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; Last Modified log;
- F12 Print Screen; and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- WfM 2.0; DMI 3.1; WOL by PME; PXE
- ATX Form Factor: 12.0 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )