Tune It Your Way
Prime Z390 simplifies CPU overclocking with software and extensive tweaking options that give beginners and seasoned overclockers alike the tools to build well-tuned machines. A new memory trace layout provides stability and compatibility for both traditional DIMMs and RGB-infused memory; letting you pair a broad choice of DRAM kits with your build.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey; and Prime Z390-P offers one of the best in the business.
Reimagined from the ground up
To provide Intel's latest processors' unfettered access to memory bandwidth; we've reimagined motherboard trace routing from the ground up. Our OptiMem II tech carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and also adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk. And to further enhance overclocking headroom for fully stacked memory configurations; we've employed a highly customized T-Topology layout that delivers time-aligned signaling.
Mem! Ok Ii
Mem! OK II automatically fixes boot failures that arise due to memory overclocking and instability. When a DRAM-related POST error occurs; the motherboard adjusts memory parameters until the system is able to start.
Cool And Reliable
Prime Z390-P is designed for builders who want essential ASUS reliability and performance. More CPU cores create power-delivery challenges; so Prime Z390-P has extra power phases and comprehensive cooling features for optimal performance.
Cooler By Design
Prime Z390-P features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever; configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
Enhanced Power Delivery
Prime Z390-P adjusts power delivery based on the number of power phases; optimizing power and efficiency for the latest Intel processors.
Procool Power Connector
Compared with traditional power inputs; ProCool sockets are built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines. This lowers impedance; which helps to prevent hotspots and connector failure.
Built To Last
ASUS motherboards are exhaustively tested for compatibility with more than 1;000 components and devices; and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8;000 hours of strict validation - offering the peace of mind of knowing that your ASUS motherboard is fit for all environments and applications.
Asus Lighting Control
Brighten up your build
With 5050 RGB strips connected to the RGB header; you can create your own stunning multicolor lighting displays with static; blinking; fading; and strobing effects.
Upgrade To Unrivalled Audio
Combined onboard features deliver elevated audio
Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you've ever experienced!
Audio shielding: Separates analog/digital signal domains; significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
Separate layer for left and right tracks: Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature; with exceptional fidelity.
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M.2; USB 3.1 Gen2 and ASUS OptiMem II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core; LANGuard and Overvoltage Protection provide component longevity and reliability
- Fan pert 4 with AIO Pump Header delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec
- Intel Socket 1151 9th / 8th Gen Intel Core; Pentium Gold and Celeron Processors
- Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 3.0
- 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel UHD Graphics support
- Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DisplayPort ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 30 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 60 Hz
- Supports Intel InTru 3D; Quick Sync Video; Clear Video HD Technology; Insider
- DP 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport compliant; supports DP 1.2 monitor daisy chain up to 3 displays
- Supports AMD Crossfire Technology
- 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or x8+x4+x4)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
- 4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- 1 x M.2 Socket (Key E); supports type 2230 Wi-Fi/BT and Intel CNVi (Integrated Wi-Fi/BT) module
- Intel Z390 Chipset:
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 2 mode)
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
- Support Raid 0; 1; 5; 10
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology supports
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Intel CPU with Intel Rapid Storage Technology support (RAID 0 & RAID 1)
- PCIEX16_1 slot supports up to 3 Intel PCIe NVME SSDs via a Hyper M.2 X16 series Card
- Realtek RTL8111H; support LANGuard
- Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports: Jack-detection; Front Panel Jack-retasking
- Audio Feature:
- LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm; natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- Intel Z390 Chipset:
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel; ; Type-A)
- Intel Z390 Chipset:
- 8 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel; ; Type-A; 4 at mid-board)
- Intel Z390 Chipset:
- Fan Xpert4
- Advanced fan and liquid controls for ultimate cooling and quietness
- ASUS 5X Protection III:
- ASUS Safe Slot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges; lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM: Premium components provide better power efficiency
- ASUS Optimem II:
- Optimem (Improved DDR4 stability)
- ASUS EPU:
- ASUS Exclusive Features:
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution:
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink
- ASUS Fan Expert 4
- ASUS EZ DIY:
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS Crash Free BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS Q-Design:
- Overclocking Protection:
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
- M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 32Gb/s data transfer speeds) MemOK! II
- Enhance memory compatibility. More smart and convenient. Keep high performance. (Shorten the PC starting time)
- Auto download driver and software. Friendly for first PC builder.
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- 1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
- 1 x DisplayPort
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A;
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A
- 3 x 8-channel Audio I/O
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x Lighting Control RGB Strip Header(s)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
- 1 x USB 2.0 1-port connector(s) support(s) additional 1 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 1 with E key; type 2230 Wi-Fi/BT device support or Intel CNVi (Integrated Wi-Fi/BT) module
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 X2 mode)
- 1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
- 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
- 1 x AIO_PUMP connector
- 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
- 1 x 8-pin EATX 12 V Power connector
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x MemOK! II switch(es)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- 1 x System panel connector
- User's manual
- I/O Shield
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 2 x M.2 Screw Package
- 1 x SCD
- 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; SM BIOS 3.1; ACPI 6.1; Multi-language BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 3; Crash Free BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; Last Modified log; F9 Search; F12 Print Screen; and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
- ASUS Utilities
- ASUS EZ Update
- Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- ATX Form Factor: 12.0 inch x 9.2 inch ( 30.5 cm x 23.4 cm )