The Extreme Oc Board For Enthusiasts
Deftly tailored by ROG engineers; and tuned to perfection by the world's best overclockers; the Rampage VI Apex is purpose-built to break performance records. Featuring an optimized 4-DIMM memory trace layout; innovative dual DIMM.2 modules that keep your M.2 SSDs cool; and a distinct X-shaped PCB that's tactfully accented with Aura RGB lighting; the Apex melds no-compromise engineering with radical aesthetics. Build your next showcase rig and push the X299 platform to the limits with the Rampage VI Apex.
World Records Smashed
Rampage VI Apex is built to break world records - and it's already done just that. With its optimized layout; high-quality components; and its ability to withstand the rigors of sub-zero operation with liquid-nitrogen (LN2) and helium (LHe); Apex has already smashed seven world records and scored 16 global first-places. These include the highest CPU frequency for Intel Core i7 at 7.562GHz with four cores and eight threads - that's a staggering 75.87% overclock of the chip's default 4.3GHz frequency!
Over clocker's Toolkit - Hardware-Level Controls
Rampage VI Apex includes an overclocker's toolkit with hardware-level controls to aid your overclocking experience. The motherboard's Dual BIOS allows you to experiment with different firmware versions and provides a path for recovery in case one becomes corrupt; and the onboard switch allows you to easily change between the first and second BIOS. The overclocker's toolkit also includes a Pause switch to halt the system; and four PCIe switches for quick slot toggling. Other tools include Safe Boot and Retry buttons; an LN2 jumper to aid POST at sub-zero temperatures; and a Slow mode switch. Combined; they're quick and easy time-savers designed to help you break more records.
"With APEX; ASUS ROG managed to bring the LN2-OC optimizations onto a consumer board which also achieves best clocks for 24/7 overclocking. My go-to board for Skylake-X.
"One to rule them all - no cold boot bugs thanks to special ROG engineering! And from a performance standpoint; the Apex is simply the best motherboard you can buy!"
Specialized circuitry allows Rampage VI Apex to detect when condensation occurs on the back of the board. Divided into four distinct sections - CPU; DRAM L; DRAM R and PCIe - the feature provides a useful warning when an area may be at risk of short-circuiting.
Optimized Trace Layout
It's the combination of intricate and innovative engineering that makes Rampage VI Apex such a big performer. Allotting just one DIMM slot per channel allowed our engineers to create shorter trace distances; which in turn means tighter control over impedance and reduced possibility for signal interference. We also adopted an engineering-first strategy; paring back the number of integrated circuits to enable the best possible trace routing. The end result is a motherboard with better stability and more overclocking headroom; allowing you to get the best performance from your memory kit.
Ddr4 Overclocking Strength In Numbers
ROG engineers adopted a four-slot memory design on an EATX motherboard; enabling a highly optimized layout for memory trace paths to minimize noise and improve signal integrity. Rampage VI Apex allows for DDR4 overclocking to reach up to 4500+MHz in dual channel mode; and 4133MHz+ with 4 DIMMs in quad-channel mode. ROG also works with all the major DDR4 memory vendors to ensure the best compatibility and real-word performance.
Asus Pro Clock Ii Technology With Extreme Engine Digi+
A dedicated base-clock generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control; providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from Intel Core X-series processors. And; of course; Rampage VI Apex includes Extreme Engine Digi+ - ROG's revered digital power controller. With a Digi+ PWM controller; PowIRstage IR3555 MOSFETs; MicroFine alloy chokes; and 10K black metallic capacitors; Extreme Engine Digi+ technology delivers consistently stable power.
Dual Rog Dimm.2
Rampage VI Apex includes two ROG DIMM.2 modules to support a total of four PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 SSDs. ROG DIMM.2 supports a wide variety of existing memory coolers; and the Rampage VI Apex comes with two fan mounts that support up to two 50mm fans or a single 80mm fan; making it easy to chill your M.2 drives. Each module features a pair of onboard thermal-sensor headers for temperature reporting; allowing control over fan speed and acoustics via Fan Xpert 4 software; or the ASUS UEFI. As a finishing touch; the modules have onboard RGB LEDs that are controllable via our Aura software; adding options to accent your build with a range of lighting effects.
Use the CPU DIMM.2 expansion card to take advantage of Intel's Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) feature by connecting two M.2 drives in RAID. Or maximize storage performance with the addition of an ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card for up to four PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 drives and total bandwidth of up to 128Gbps. With VROC; your RAID arrays are easily configured to be bootable; and traditional DMI bottlenecks are eliminated so your storage is not held back by other traffic.
Wired directly to the X299 PCH; the PCH DIMM.2 module can be installed to enable chipset-based RAID configurations to improve storage performance or provide a layer of redundancy.
Vrm And I/O Heatsink
The latest high-core-count Intel Core i7 and i9 CPUs consume serious amounts of power; so Rampage VI Apex is equipped with serious VRM cooling. Featuring a high-mass; finned heatsink that connects to the I/O cover via heat pipe; the expansive surface area dissipates heat efficiently. And; for enthusiasts that want to push the platform to the absolute limit; we've even included a bracket that allows you to mount a fan to accelerate the airflow.
Outshine The Competition
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs; as well as strips connected to the two onboard 4-pin RGB headers. And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura Sync-enabled ASUS hardware.
Infinite Lighting Possibilities
ASUS Aura SDK allows developers to take full advantage of the vast eco-system of Aura Sync-capable PC gear. From in-system illumination to peripherals and beyond; the SDK provides an evolving toolkit of options to enhance games and software with RGB lighting. Game effects; alerts; and audio can all be portrayed via Aura-compatible hardware; creating subtle or dazzling visual cues to augment the action. There's also scope to map system parameters such as temperatures to lighting; giving enthusiasts new ways to monitor vital information.
Illuminated Customizable Nameplate
Use the bundled DIY kit to customize your nameplate; then see your personal mark illuminated with Aura Sync lighting!
Black Mylar X3. Nameplate with protective film
Cut the black Mylar using a box cutter
Remove the protective film from the custom name plate; and adhere the modified black sticker.
Mount the new nameplate onto the board with the provided screws.
With an asymmetrical X-shaped circuit board and a radical lighting scheme; Rampage VI Apex dares to be different. The unique X design enables simpler; cleaner cable routing; and features Aura RGB backlighting to make your build stand out from the crowd.
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of the system; providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
An automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration. Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing; and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks. All-new stress test that allows users to optimize and overclock for CPU or memory-centric workloads.
CPU Performance Boost
Unleash your PC's full performance with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility. A Turbo V Processing Unit (TPU) is the intelligence behind our automated system-tuning utility; offering the ability to fine-tune voltages; monitor system stats; and adjust overclock parameters for optimal performance.
All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode - a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Flexible Cooling Controls For Air Or Liquid
With ROG Rampage VI Apex; you have comprehensive control over fans; water pumps and even all-in-one (AIO) coolers; via either Fan Xpert 4 or our award-wining UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water; Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode; which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum - keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Precise Digital Power Control
Digi+ delivers real-time control over voltage droop; switching frequency and power -efficiency settings; allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Optimize Per-Core Performance For Every App
Intel's latest processors feature per-core tuning; and the ASUS Turbo Core app makes use of this feature by enabling you to assign applications to specific processor cores; allowing you to prioritize compute power where it's needed most.
Cooler By Design
Rampage VI Apex features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever; configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
Media-Acclaimed Uefi Bios
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker; the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
Shielded Audio; Superior Sound
Rampage VI Apex's awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up; delivering an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection for best-ever ROG recording quality! We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220A codec. It all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before!
Lower CPU Workload; High Tcp & Udp Throughput
ROG Rampage VI Apex features the very latest Intel Ethernet (I219-V) for faster; smoother gaming. Intel Ethernet controllers have a natural synergy with their processors and chipsets; reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput; so there's more power for games and other tasks.
Intel X299 Chipset
The Intel X299 chipset supports LGA 2066-socket Intel Core X-Series processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links; allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally; X299 provides a maximum 10 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports; 8 SATA 6Gbps ports and 32Gbps M.2 support for faster data retrieval.
Intel Core Xseries Processors For Lga 2066 (R4) Socket
Intel Core X-Series processors (6 core above): 4-channel (8-DIMM); 44/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes. Intel Core X-Series processors (4 core): 2-channel (4-DIMM); 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
- Designed for 7th generation Intel Core X-Series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with four vertically mounted M.2 drives via DIMM.2 adapters; USB 3.1 Gen2; 802.11AC Wi-Fi; Intel VROC and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- Record-shattering Overclocking Design with a full suite of onboard features like dual BIOS chips; LN2 mode switch; water cooling system headers; thermal sensor connectors and Probelt measurement points.
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- 4.Four Patent-pending SafeSlots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for stronger; firmly anchored PCIe slots built for heavyweight GPUs
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting; customizable nameplate; two additional RGB headers and a 3D-printing friendly design
- Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) with the addition of an ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card and Intel Unlock Key; you can attach up to eight PCIe 3.0 x16 NVMe M.2 drives for bandwidth up to 128Gbps.
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A driven by Japanese capacitors
- Intel Socket 2066 Core X-Series Processors
- Supports Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC)
- Intel Core X-series Processors (6-core above)
- 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3800(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2600(O.C.)/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Intel Core X-series Processors (4-core)
- 2 x DIMM; Max. 32GB; DDR4 4500(O.C)/4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Supports NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI Technology
- Supports NVIDIA 4-Way SLI Technology
- Supports NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Technology
- Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI Technology
- Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology
- Supports AMD 4-Way CrossFireX Technology
- Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
- Supports AMD 2-Way CrossFireX Technology
- Intel Core X-Series Processors Family: 4 x PCIe 3.0 x16
- Intel X299 Chipset: 1 x PCIe 3.0 x4
- Intel Core X-Series Processors Family:
- 1 x ROG DIMM.2 Module support (CPU DIMM.2); with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- Intel X299 Chipset:
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x ROG DIMM.2 Module support (PCH DIMM.2)
- Supports Intel Smart Response Technology
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Intel I219V
- Anti-surge LANGuard
- Dual interconnect between the integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and physical layer (PHY)
Wireless Data Network
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
- Supports MU-MIMO
- ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Supports: Jack-detection
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
- Intel X299 Chipset: 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
- Intel X299 Chipset: 5 x USB 2.0 port(s) (3 at mid-board)
- ASMedia USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s)
- ASMedia USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s)
- ASMedia USB 3.1 Gen 1 controller: 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
ROG Exclusive Features
- Clear CMOS button
- ROG RAM Cache II
- ROG CPU-Z
- ROG Clone Drive
- Mem OK! Button
- Slow Mode
- Over wolf
- Retry Button
- Safe Boot Button
- Start Button
- Reset Button
- LN2 Mode
- ROG Aura
- Aura Lighting Control
- Aura RGB Strip Headers
- Extreme Engine Digi+:
- IR3555 PoweIRstage
- MicroFine Alloy Chokes
- 10K Black Metallic Capacitors
- Mem TweakIt ROG Extreme OC kit:
- Double Power:
- ProbeIt UEFI BIOS features:
- O.C. Profile
- Tweakers' Paradise
- ROG SSD Secure Erase
- Extreme Tweaker
- USB BIOS Flashback
- OC Design - ASUS PRO Clock II Technology
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- ASUS 5X Protection III:
- Gamer's Guardian:
- DRAM Overcurrent Protection
- 10K Black Metallic Capacitors
- ASUS Protect Technology:
- Aura Lighting Control
- Aura RGB Strip Headers
- Aura Lighting Effects Synchronization with compatible ASUS ROG devices
- ASUS Exclusive Features:
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution:
- ASUS EZ DIY:
- ASUS Q-Design:
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Code
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU; DRAM; VGA; Boot Device LED; HDD LED)
- ASUS Q-Connector
- Gaming Aesthetics:
- 3D printing friendly
- AURA-RGB Lighting
Operating System Support
Internal I/O Ports
- 2 x 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 3.0; ACPI 6.0; Multi-language BIOS;
- ASUS EZ Flash 3; CrashFree BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; Last Modified log; F12 PrintScreen; and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- Extended ATX Form Factor
- 12 inch x 10.7 inch (30.5 cm x 27.2 cm) X-SHAPED PCB