Unleash the true performance of new Intel Core i7 processor family for socket LGA 2011-v3 in future
ASUS X99 Series motherboards are engineered from the ground up to get the most from new Intel Core i7 processor family for socket LGA 2011-v3 and extract every ounce of performance from Intel's latest architecture. ASUS delivers the BEST of motherboards for gamers; enthusiasts; content creation professionals and passionate DIYers.
Better Protection from Overcurrent
The extra 4-pin power plug shares current with the standard 8-pin power connector to balance loads and provide ample margin to overclock Intel's latest CPUs to the limit.
Make your memory go faster
Drive your memory frequencies to 3200MHz and beyond! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design provides a superb memory-overclocking capability to unleash the full power of DDR4 by minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection. With innovative equidistant memory channels; it delivers the most balanced control and powerful overclocking compatibility. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility.
One click overclock and cooling; done!
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. Your PC is smart with ASUS 5-Way Optimization. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use - so you get superb CPU performance; everyday energy savings; ultra-stable digital power; cool and quiet fans and now even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short; 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming; entertainment; productivity or just about anything else!
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance; prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing; and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
- Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker; the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
More throughput; less CPU usage and great gaming experiences
X99-E features the very latest Intel Ethernet for faster; smoother gaming - always. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput. This significantly reduces the processor's workload; so there's more power for your game and your gameplay!
Network-optimization software for customizable packet prioritization
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no expert knowledge by up to 1.45X! If you're a tweaker; use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls.
Pumped-up throughput. 2.5X higher surge tolerance.
ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors ensuring a more reliable connection and better throughput; plus electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against surges.
Upgrade with ThunderboltEX 3 to experience blistering speeds and any-way-up connectivity
ASUS X99-E offers support for ThunderboltEX 3 card; an Intel-certified Thunderbolt 3 add-on card enables breathtaking bi-directional speeds up to 40Gbps - four-times faster than other PC data-transfer cables with twice the video bandwidth for the latest 60 Hz 4K/UHD displays. Beyond sheer bandwidth; Thunderbolt 3 supports daisy-chaining up to six devices; utilizes a Type C reversible connector for compatibility with the latest USB 3.1 Type-C devices and supports the USB Power Delivery specification for fast; high-power charging of up to 36W.
Total control anytime; anywhere with Remote GO!
Remote GO! gives you complete control of your PC - even when you're away from home. Access your forgotten files at home; and work on your PC from almost anywhere. Plus; it takes just one click to manage all your public clouds or sync files across your PC and devices!
- Next-gen connectivity - Includes extensive upgrades including onboard U.2 / M.2 slots that tap into 32Gbps of PCIe bandwidth; as well as onboard USB 3.1 Type C
- ASUS Aura - Features controllable RGB onboard lighting that can be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware
- Patent-pending SafeSlot - Reinvented; strengthened PCIe slot utilizes a new insert-molding process to bind the slot to fortifying metal for superior retention and shearing resistance
- 5-Way Optimization: Fan Xpert 4 - Elevates customized cooling to new heights; with the ability to detect PWM/DC fans on all headers; utilize high-amperage fans and control water-cooling pumps in software and UEFI
- Crystal Sound 3 - Gaming-grade audio with unmatched clarity featuring a new power pre-regulator for clean power delivery; which joins ASUS-pioneered noise isolation design and premium audio components
- Intel Socket 2011-v3 Core i7 Processors
- Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- 8 x DIMM; Max. 128GB; DDR4 3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Quad Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Supports NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI Technology
- Supports NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Technology
- Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology
- Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
- 40-Lane CPU: 3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16; x16/x16; x16/x16/x8) *1; 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
- 28-Lane CPU: 3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 ( x16; x16/x8; x16/x8/x4) *1; 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
- New Intel Core i7 Processors: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (Support PCIE SSD only)*1
- Intel X99 chipset: 1 x SATA Express port; Compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)*2; Support Raid 0; 1; 5; 10; Intel Rapid Storage Technology 14 support*2; Supports Intel Smart Response Technology*3
- Intel I218V; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s); Dual interconnect between the Integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY)
- Gigabit Intel LAN Connection- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) appliance
- ASUS Turbo LAN Utility
- ASUS LAN Guard
- Realtek ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
- Supports: Jack-detection; Multi-streaming; Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality 112 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR recording input (Line-in)
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- DTS Connect
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- BD Audio Layer Content Protection
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Audio amplifier: Provides the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm; natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs
- Top notch audio sensation delivers according to the audio configuration
- Power pre-regulator: Reduces power input noise to ensure consistent performance
- Intel X99 chipset: 5 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (1 at back panel; ; 4 at mid-board)
- Intel X99 chipset: 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (4 at back panel; ; 4 at mid-board)
- ASMedia USB 3.1 controller: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (1 at back panel; ; USB Type-CTM; 0 at mid-board)
- ASMedia USB 3.0 controller: 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (3 at back panel; )
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5: 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU; EPU; DIGI+ VRM; Fan Xpert 4; and Turbo Core App
- ASUS 5X Protection II: ASUS LANGuard - 2.5X higher surge tolerance; ASUS Overvoltage Protection - World-class circuit-protecting power design; ASUS DIGI+ VRM - Phase digital power design; ASUS DRAM Overcurrent Protection - Prevents damage from short circuits; ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O - 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability
- ASUS Exclusive Features: Remote GO!; MemOK!; AI Suite 3; Ai Charger+; M.2 & SATA Express; Anti-Surge; USB 3.1 Boost; Disk Unlocker; Turbo LAN; Crystal Sound 3; EZ XMP ASUS Exclusive Features; Mobo Connect; PC Cleaner
- Remote Entertainment: Media Streamer; HyStream
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution: Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution; ASUS Fan Xpert 4
- ASUS EZ DIY: DirectKey; Precision Tweaker 2; ASUS CrashFree BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 3; ASUS MyLogo 2; ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode; Multi-language BIOS; Push Notice
- ASUS Q-Design: ASUS Q-Shield; ASUS Q-LED (CPU; DRAM; VGA; Boot Device LED); ASUS Q-Slot; ASUS Q-DIMM; ASUS Q-Connector
- Special Memory O.C. Design
- Media Streamer
- AURA: RGB Lighting Control
Operating System Support
- Windows 10 ; 64bit
- Windows 8.1 ; 32bit/64bit
- Windows 7 ; 32bit/64bit
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (black)USB Type-CTM
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
- 4 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
- 5 x Audio jack(s)
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x AAFP connector
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x SATA Express connector: ; Compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key design; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (Support PCIE SSD only)
- 1 x TPM connector(s)
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
- 1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x EZ XMP switch
- 1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector) (Chassis intrusion header is inbuilt)
- 1 x DRCT header(s)
- 1 x MemOK! button(s)
- 1 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
- 1 x CPU/DRAM overvoltage jumper(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- 1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
- 1 x Water Pump header (4-pin)
- 1 x COM port header
- 1 x High AMP Fan header (4-pin)
- User's manual
- ASUS Q-Shield
- 1 x 2-Way SLI bridge(s)
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 1 x M.2 Screw Package
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- 1 x Q-connector(s) (1 in 1)
- 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 3.0; ACPI 5.0; Multi-language BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 3; CrashFree BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; Quick Note; Last Modified log; F12 PrintScreen; and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- ASUS Utilities
- EZ Update
- Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- ATX Form Factor
- 12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
*1 The PCIe x16_3 shares bandwidth with M.2.
*2 Due to chipset behavior; The SATA6G_78; SATA6G_910 ports do not support IRST including RAID configuration.
*3 These functions will work depending on the CPU installed.