Sleek; Innovative; Flexible; Proven
As carrier-grade Wi-Fi becomes a critical small-cell element in next-generation mobile networks; operators are requesting new access point designs that can pack a punch in a small form factor. The Cisco Aironet 1530 Series Outdoor Access Points incorporate a low-profile design that is aesthetically pleasing; yet they can withstand the most rugged outdoor conditions. Cisco brings engineering innovation to the platform with unique Cisco Flexible Antenna Port technology that allows the same antenna ports to be used either for dual-band antennas to reduce the antenna footprint or for single-band antennas to optimize radio coverage. This flexibility allows antenna changes to be made on the fly; and saves on sparing costs. And the Cisco Aironet 1530 Series brings all the same robust Wi-Fi features that operators have come to expect from Cisco; including radio resource management; BandSelect to automatically take advantage of the 5-GHz band; and VideoStream for high-quality video performance over Wi-Fi. Only Cisco delivers all of these features in a hardened outdoor access point that is ideal for any urban setting.
Compact; Place-Anywhere Design
Enterprise customers are also looking to expand their wireless coverage and provide seamless network access from indoor to outdoor areas. Cisco Aironet 1530 Series with Solar Shield/Cover The Cisco Aironet 1530 Series Outdoor Access Points are small enough and light enough to be unobtrusively mounted on street light poles or building facades. The integrated antenna version is just 9 x 7 x 4 inches (23 x 17 x 10 cm) and weighs 5 pounds (2.3 kg). A solar shield/cover option is also available and can be painted to match its surroundings to allow the access point to be even less noticeable (Figure 1)
Innovative; Integrated; and External Antenna Options
The Cisco Aironet 1530I Outdoor Access Point includes a dual-band; integrated antenna radome. This antenna has three omnidirectional antenna elements with antenna gains of 3 dBi (2.4 GHz) and 5 dBi (5 GHz). More information; including antenna patterns; can be found in the Cisco Aironet Antennas and Accessories Guide:
The innovatively designed Cisco Aironet 1530E Outdoor Access Point is designed with antenna Cisco Flexible Antenna Port technology; which can support either dual-band or single-band antennas on the same platform and is configurable via software. When configured for dual-band ports; the Aironet 1530E uses the bottom two antenna ports to connect to dual-band omnidirectional or directional antennas. Alternatively; and for additional radio coverage flexibility; the Aironet 1530E can be software-configured; enabling two separate 2.4-GHz and two 5-GHz antenna ports (Figure 2). This flexibility allows customers to use high-gain directional antennas for backhaul on 5 GHz while deploying omnidirectional antennas for access on 2.4 GHz. Refer to the Cisco Aironet 1530 Series Ordering Guide for the latest information on supported antennas.
The Cisco Aironet 1530 Series Outdoor Access Points offer a flexible; highly secure; and scalable platform that can be deployed as part of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network or as a standalone; autonomous solution. The Cisco Aironet 1530 Series provides high-performance device access through improved radio sensitivity and range with 802.11a/b/g/n multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology; with two or three spatial streams and up to 300-Mbps data rates. The Aironet 1530 Series can be deployed in the following configurations:
- Access point: Either in controller-based or standalone operation; provides Wi-Fi connectivity concurrently to clients on both 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radios.
- Mesh network: as dedicated backhaul or universal access; the 5-GHz radio is used for wireless network connections to adjacent mesh nodes.
- Bridging: Provides point-to-point; high-capacity data links; as well as point-to-multipoint bridging for campuses.
- Workgroup bridge: Enables LAN mobility; such as on a vehicle.
- Serial backhaul: Extends linear mesh with two colocated Aironet 1530 Series access points connected via the LAN port (Figure 3).
Centrally Managed Network
Central management and troubleshooting of the Cisco outdoor wireless access points help prevent costly maintenance service calls to outdoor locations. Cisco Prime Infrastructure works in conjunction with the Cisco Aironet access points and Cisco wireless LAN controllers to configure and manage the wireless networks. With Cisco Prime Infrastructure; network administrators have a single solution for RF prediction; policy provisioning; network optimization; troubleshooting; security monitoring; and wireless LAN system management. Wireless network security is also a part of a unified wired and wireless solution. Cisco wireless network security offers the highest level of network security; helping ensure that data remains private and secure and that the network is protected from unauthorized access.
- 802.11n and Related Capabilities:
- 3x3 MIMO with 3 spatial streams (2.4 GHz) and 2x3 MIMO with 2 spatial streams (5 GHz)
- 20-MHz (2.4 and 5 GHz) and 40-MHz (5 GHz only) channels
- PHY data rates up to 300 Mbps
- Data Rates Supported
- 802.11a: 6; 9; 12; 18; 24; 36; 48; and 54 Mbps
- 802.11b/g: 1; 2; 5.5; 6; 9; 11; 12; 18; 24; 36; 48; and 54 Mbps
- 802.11n data rates (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- Frequency band and 20- MHz operating channels (regulatory domains)
- 2.412 to 2.472 GHz; 13 channels
- Maximum number of nonoverlapping channels
- 2.4 GHz: 802.11b/g; 20 MHz: 3; 802.11n; 20 MHz: 3
- 5 GHz: 802.11a; 20 MHz: 16; 802.11n; 20 MHz: 16; 40 MHz: 8
- Maximum Equivalent Isotropically Radiated Power (EIRP)
- 3G/LTE/WiMAX Co-Location
- 3G/LTE/WiMAX signal rejection: 33-45 dB. Refer to product documentation for specific details.
- WAN port: 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet; autosensing (RJ-45)
- LAN port: 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet; autosensing (RJ-45)
- Management console port (RJ-45) with Reset button
- DC power input
- Multicolor LED
- Operating temperature: -30 degree to 65 degreeC (-22 degree to 149 degreeF) ambient; -30 degree to 55 degreeC (-22 degree to 131 degreeF) with solar loading (1200 W/m2); Storage temperature: -50 degree to 85 degreeC (-58 degree to 185 degreeF)
- Operating altitude: 10;000 ft. (3048 m); Humidity: 0 - 100%; condensing
- Wind resistance: Up to100 mph sustained winds; Up to 140 mph wind gusts
- Environmental Ratings
- IEC 60529 IP67
- Icing protection - MIL-STD-810F (13mm)
- Corrosion - MIL-STD-810F (192 hours)
- Solar radiation - EN 60068-2-5 (1200 W/m2)
- Vibration - ANSI C136.31-2001
- Antenna Gain.
- Integrated dual-band; mixed polarized omnidirectional antenna radome (1530i): 3 dBi (2.4 GHz); 5 dBi (5 GHz)
- External dual-band omnidirectional antennas: AIR-ANT2547VG-N (4dBi; 2.4 GHz; 7 dBi; 5 GHz)
- External dual-band directional antennas: AIR-ANT2588P3M-N= (8 dBi; 2.4 and 5 GHz)
- External single-band antennas
- 2.4 GHz
- AIR-ANT2450V-N (5 dBi; omni)
- AIR-ANT2480V-N (8 dBi; omni)
- AIR-ANT2413P2M-N= (13 dBi; dual polarized patch)
- 5 GHz
- AIR-ANT5180V-N (8 dBi; omni)
- AIR-ANT5114P2M-N= (14 dBi; dual polarized patch)
- Powering Options
- 24 to57 VDC
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) (802.3at or Cisco Universal PoE [UPoE])
- Safety: UL60950; 2nd Edition; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950; 2nd Edition; IEC 60950; 2nd Edition; EN 60950; 2nd Edition
- Immunity: <= 5 mJ for 6kV/3kA @ 8/20 ms waveform; ANSI/IEEE C62.41; EN61000-4-5 Level 4 AC Surge Immunity; EN61000-4-4 Level 4 Electrical Fast Transient Burst Immunity; EN61000-4-3 Level 4 EMC Field Immunity; EN61000-4-2 Level 2 ESD Immunity; EN60950 Overvoltage Category IV
- Radio approvals: FCC Part 15.247; 15.407; FCC Bulletin OET-65C; RSS-210; RSS-102; AS/NZS 4268.2003; ARIB-STD 66 (Japan); ARIB-STD T71 (Japan); EN 300 328; EN 301 893
- EMI and susceptibility: FCC part 15.107; 15.109; ICES-003; EN 301 489-1; -17
- Wireless bridging/mesh: X.509 digital certificates; MAC address authentication; Advanced Encryption Standard (AES); Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP)
- Wireless access: 802.11i; Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2); WPA; 802.1X authentication; including Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) and Protected EAP (EAP-PEAP); EAP Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS); EAP-Tunneled TLS (EAP-TTLS); EAP-Subscriber Identity Module -d (EAP-SIM); and Cisco LEAP; VPN pass-through; IP Security (IPsec); Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
- MAC address filtering
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 9 x 7 x 4 in. (23 x 17 x 10 cm); Volume: 179 cubic in. (2.9 liters)
- Weight: 5.0 lbs. (2.3 kg)
- Warranty: 1-year