Compact, lightweight and a wide magnification range - this standard zoom lens features a wide focal length range from normal to telephoto equivalent to 29-320mm in the 35mm format. It features an Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 4-stops of effective correction even at full zoom. Since Canon's optical image stabilization system is in the lens, not in the camera, you can see the stabilized, steadier images through the viewfinder. And the circular aperture can give beautiful background blur effects. This new wide zoom ratio EF-S lens delivers excellent high-speed performance at an affordable price.
- 11x zoom lens - 18-200mm
- 4 stop Image Stabilizer
- Automatic panning and tripod detection
- Close focusing distance of 0.45m
- Aspherical and UD lens elements
- Super-Spectra lens coatings combat ghosting and flare
- Zoom lock maintains minimum size
- Circular aperture for pleasing background blur (bokeh)
Aspheric and UD elements
High image quality has been assured with the addition of two high-precision aspheric lenses to correct aberration including curvature of field and distortion. Chromatic aberration common in wide-angle shooting is also combated by the inclusion of two UD lenses, ensuring optimum image quality and corner-to-corner detail.
Canon's patented lens element coating minimises the ghosting and flare caused by reflections off the image sensor and internal lens surfaces. Light transmission is improved and reflections are reduced to deliver clear, crisp images.
4-stop Image Stabilizer
A 4-stop optical Image Stabilizer - specially designed for the lens' specific focal length range - works to counteract image blur, which can occur during handheld shooting, or at slow shutter speeds. Automatic panning detection ensures effective performance when tracking moving subjects and, as the IS system is based in the lens, results are visible through the viewfinder during framing.
Durable build quality and Lead-free optics
Designed to be a hard-working lens the EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS benefits from a robust design, which can match the demands of today's photographers. Environmentally friendly lead-free glass is used throughout its construction.
- Image size: APS-C
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
- 35mm film equivalent focal length: 29-320
- Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 64 deg. 30' - 6 deg. 30', 45 deg. 30' - 4 deg. 20', 74 deg. 20' - 7 deg. 50'
- Lens construction (elements/groups): 16 elements in 12 groups, including UD-glass and aspherical lenses
- No. of diaphragm blades: 6
- Minimum aperture: 22 - 38(36)
- Closest focusing distance: 1.48 ft./0.45m (maximum close-up magnification 0.24x)
- Maximum magnification (x): 0.24(at 200mm)
- Zoom System: 5-groups helical zoom (rotational angle 80 degrees)
- Distance information: Yes
- Image stabilizer: 4-stops
- AF actuator: Micro Motor
- Filter diameter: 72mm
- Max. diameter x length: 3.1 in. x 6.40 in./78.6 x 162.5mm
- Weight: 20.99 oz./595g