With the large maximum aperture, excellent background blur is possible even with a fast shutter speed. The aspherical lens element makes the lens compact and corrects spherical aberrations. The image is sharp even at the edges. Lead-free glass is used.
Measures 2.7 inches in diameter and 1.7 inches long
Focal length: 28mm, Closest focusing distance: 0.25m / 0.8 ft
Broadens angle of view and increases depth of field to bring more area into focus
28mm wide-angle lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
High-precision aspherical lens minimizes distortion and other aberrations
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 28mm 1:1.8
- Lens Construction: 10 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 75 degrees
- Focus Adjustment: Rear focusing system with USM
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.25m / 0.8 ft.
- Filter Size: 58mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.9" x 2.2", 10.9 oz. / 73.6 x 55.6mm, 310g