The stellar combination of superlative optics, astonishing performance and brilliant construction, the EF 400mm f/2.8 IS II USM super telephoto is the professional's choice for a long lens, and perfect for nature and wildlife photography. Over 28% lighter than its predecessor and now the lightest lens in its class, the EF 400mm f/2.8 IS II USM features Fluorite optics that deliver sharper images with less chromatic aberration, a completely redesigned Image Stabilization system that offers up to four extra stops of performance, a newly developed Fluorine coating that keeps soiling, smears and fingerprints to a minimum, plus new construction in line with only the best that Canon has to offer. With a third Image Stabilization mode (Mode 3) that activates IS only when the shutter button is fully pressed, and giving the equivalent effect of a shutter speed four stops faster, the EF 400mm f/2.8 IS II USM allows for easy panning and is ideally positioned for professional action photography. With a new security slot for wire-type security locks, buttons and switches are redesigned for intuitive, deliberate operation, and dust and water sealing keeps the lens functioning flawlessly in even the most challenging environments.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 400mm 1:2.8
- Lens Construction 16 elements in 12 groups (Including drop-in rear filter, Fluorite: G2 and G4, UD Lens: None)
- Diagonal Angle of View 6 degrees 10'
- Focus Adjustment Inner focusing system, with focusing cam
- Closest Focusing Distance 2.7m / 8.86 ft.
- Drive System Ring USM
- Filter Size 52mm Drop-in
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight 6.4 x 13.5 in, 135.8 oz. / 163.0 x 343.0mm, 3850g