Complementing the operation of the lens, this L-series prime is also distinguished by its optical design that features a pair of Ultra-Low Dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity. Individual elements also feature an optimized lens coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color neutrality.
- Perspective control, tilt-shift lens affords +/- 12mm of shift and +/- 8.5 degrees of tilt, and both types of movements can be applied independently, and parallel or perpendicular to one another.
- Tilt-locking mechanism and a large tilt knob benefit operation and ensure the lens stays in place while shooting.
- Two Ultra-Low Dispersion (UD) elements help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- An optimized lens coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A minimum focusing distance of 10.6" along with a maximum magnification of 0.5x benefits working with close-up subjects.
Focal Length: 50mm
Aperture Maximum: f/2.8
Camera Mount Type: Canon EF
Format Compatibility: 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Angle of View: 46 degrees
Tilt/Shift: Tilt plus or minus 8.5 degrees
Shifts plus or minus 12mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 10.63" (27 cm)
Filter Thread Front: 77 mm
Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 3.4 x 4.5" (86.36 x 114.30 mm)
Weight: 2.08 lbs (944 g)