The new SPX 5500 is the culmination of Cobra's over 30 years of experience in building quality, high-performance, detectors. The game changing SPX Series nearly doubles the detection range, and warning time, of previous models!
Cobra uses the latest technology, military grade components, and the best design practices in the world to pack this phenomenal performance into a sleek detector nearly half the size of other detectors in the market. Super-fast sweep circuitry provides extra detection range and the best possible advance warning to all radar/laser guns currently used in the United States and Canada, including POP Mode (Super-fast) Instant-on Radar guns. DigiView Text Display provides clear indication of the signal being detected as well as current mode of the detector.
Other features include Voice/Tone Alert, Signal Strength Meter, LaserEye, IntelliMute/IntelliMute Pro, VG-2/Spectre Radar Detector-Detectors, Safety Alert, Auto/Manual Mute, Dim Modes, City/Highway Filtering Modes, and Ku-band detection.
- Digiview Data Display - Provides easily recognizable digital text display
- Xtreme Range Superheterodyne Technology - Super-fast sweep circuitry provides extra detection range and the best possible advanced warning to even the fastest radar guns
- Pop Mode Radar Gun Detection - Detects the latest Radar Gun Pop (Super-Fast Instant-On) Mode
- Digital Signal Strength Meter - Provides the user with relative proximity to the target
- Voice Alert - Provides the user with specific band voice annunciation
- Weight: 0.32 LBS (144.00 g)
- Height: 3.71" (94.30 mm)
- Width: 2.43" (61.60 mm)
- Length: 1.33" (33.80 mm)