F1.2 High Speed LEICA DG Nocticron Lens
The name "NOCTICRON" was newly defined by Leica Camera AG for this lens that achieves remarkably fast F1.2 aperture. The popular 42.5 mm of middle-telephoto focal distance (Equivalent to 85 mm on a 35 mm camera) is definitely suitable for portrait with rich stereoscopic effect. Together with the high-speed aperture, you can utilize the beautiful soft focus for more impressive, creative shots. 9 blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces a smooth effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings
Aperture Ring Control / Metal Finish Design
The inclusion of newly developed stepping motor makes the focusing action smooth and silent for use in both photo and video recording. Notably the performance of AF is by far superior to the phase-difference AF when fast lens with smaller F value is used. When mounted on the cameras of LUMIX G, you can take advantage of the high-precision, high-speed Contrast AF system.
Nano Surface Coating
With Panasonic's Nano Surface technology the reflection is dramatically minimized at entire visual light range (380nm-780nm) by applying the extra-low refractive index coating with nano-sized structure on the surface of the lens. It results in the super clear picture with dramatic reduction of ghost and flare.
Due to the shallow depth of field which is unique to the large aperture lens, even a slight handshake causes out-of-focus. However, the POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) which is newly integrated in this lens effectively compensates for not only small, fast movement but also large, slow one making it easy to shoot super clear shots even when shooting in low-lit situations such as in night time or indoors.
For the lens distortion compensation available, the horizontal axis of MTF is the distance from the center, which is compensated accordingly.
- Shoot even in low-light situations with integrated power O.I.S.
- Reduce ghost and flare with advanced nano surface coating
- Enjoy smooth, silent focusing with durable stepping motor
- Enhanced high-speed Contrast AF with micro four-thirds mount
- Focal length - f = 42.5mm (35mm film camera equivalent: 85mm)
- Aperture type - 9diaphragm blades/circular aperture diaphragm
- Aperture range - F1.2
- Minimum aperture value - F16
- Lens construction - 14 elements in 11 groups (2 aspherical lenses, 1ED Lens, 1UHR Lens)
- Nano surface coating - Yes
- In focus distance - 0.5m (1.64feet) to infinity [from the focus distance reference line]
- Maximum image magnification - 0.1x (35mm film camera equivalent: 0.2x)
- Optical image stabilizer - Available
- [O.I.S.] switch - Available (Switching ON/OFF)
- [AF/MF] switch - Available (Switching AF/MF)
- Mount - Micro Four Thirds Mount
- Angle of view - 29 degrees
- Filter diameter - 67mm
- Max. diameter - Approx. 74mm (2.91inch)
- Overall length - Approx. 76.8mm (3.02inch) (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Mass (Weight) - Approx. 425g (0.94lb)
This Kit Includes:
Leica DG Nocticron Mirrorless 4/3rds 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. LUMIX Lens
Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron Mirrorless 4/3rds 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. LUMIX Lens
Our Price: $1,597.99
Extreme PRO SDXC 128GB UHS-1 Memory Card, Up to 95/90MB/s Read/Write Speed
Sandisk Extreme PRO SDXC 128GB UHS-1 Memory Card, Up to 95/90MB/s Read/Write Speed
Our Price: $79.99