Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
The built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system provides a 4-stop (approx.) shutter speed advantage, making it significantly easier to achieve crisp, blur-free images and video.
Large F1.8 aperture
The SEL50F18 has an innovative optical design to achieve clear, high-quality images by effectively minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration. Moreover, the large maximum aperture of this lens with its circular aperture design, can produce beautiful, creamily defocused backgrounds.
Smooth and quiet high-speed focusing
Lens operation is fast but at the same time smooth and quiet, minimizing noise and image jitter when shooting movies. A linear motor used for focus drive contributes to low-noise focus operation, while a stepping motor built into the lens, technology inherited from Sony's professional camcorders, results in smooth, quiet aperture actuation ideal for movie shooting.
Compact and lightweight
The SEL50F18 is remarkably compact and lightweight for a large-aperture mid-range telephoto lens (50mm focal length/75mm equivalent in 35mm format). It is convenient to carry around for general photography, and particularly well suited to shooting portraits. The elegant aluminum alloy exterior of this lens affords an appearance that blends beautifully with the graceful design of E-mount bodies, and the engraved focus ring offers sophisticated appearance as well as superior grip and operating feel.
Direct Manual Focus (DMF)
Direct Manual Focus (DMF) allows the user to go directly to manual focusing after autofocus lock-on without having to switch modes. In cases where autofocus has trouble locking onto the subject, or when the user wants to focus at a specific point, DMF facilitates fast, easy fine focus adjustments. This can be particularly useful for portraits in which depth of field can be extremely shallow.
- Fixed 50mm mid-range telephoto focal length (35mm format equivalent: 75mm)
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot? image stabilization
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- Smooth, quiet lens operation is ideal for movies as well as stills
- Compact, lightweight mid-range telephoto prime with elegant aluminum alloy exterior
- Direct Manual Focus for precision focusing
- Aperture (Max.): f/1.8
- Aperture (Min.): f/22
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 75mm
- Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 8 groups, 9 elements
- AF for Movie Capture: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 15.3" (0.39m)
- Angle of View: 32?
- Aperture Blade: 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length): 2-1/2 x 2- 1/2" (62x62mm)
- Direct Manual Focus: Yes
- Exterior Finish: Metal
- Internal Motor: Yes (Stepping motor)
- Lens Weight: 7.25 oz (202g)
- Low Noise During Movie Capture: Excellent
- Maximum Magnification: 0.16x (APS-C)
- Mount Material: Metal
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2-1/2 x 2-1/2" (62 x 62mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 7.25oz (202g)
This Kit Includes:
64GB Extreme SDXC Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write - SDSDXVE-064G-ANCIN
Sandisk 64GB Extreme SDXC Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write - SDSDXVE-064G-ANCIN
Our Price: $29.99
SEL50F18/B - 50mm f/1.8 Mid-Range Prime E-Mount Lens (Black)
Sony SEL50F18/B - 50mm f/1.8 Mid-Range Prime E-Mount Lens (Black)
Our Price: $348.00