With 4D FOCUS, You'll Never Miss That Perfect Moment
Capture unforgettable moments for posterity with the a68. The world's highest number of phase-detection AF points (79) covering a wide AF area will catch moments that last for a lifetime. The Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine deliver the imaging impact that you aim for. Dials, controls and displays make shooting more intuitive and immediate to optimize operability.
- Superb AF Performance: The world's highest number of phase-detection AF points (79) covering a wide AF area for ultimate accuracy and tracking performance.
- Sensational Sensor and Processor: The Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine achieve high image quality and wide sensitivity range.
- Versatile, Convenient Control: The top display panel and rear control wheel make functions quick and easy to access and use.
79-Point High-Density Phase-Detection AF System Covers More Action
Get superior autofocus reliability with 79 high-density AF points, including 15 cross-type points. Translucent Mirror Technology enables precise phase-detection AF even with continuous shooting and movie modes.
- World's most AF points: 79 phase-detection AF points provide wide frame coverage and ultimate tracking accuracy.
- Fast AF speed: Distance measuring phase-detection sensor for instant subject focus.
- Steadfast AF tracking: Advanced algorithm maintains clear focus for up to 8 fps continuous shooting.
Proprietary Translucent Mirror Technology
Sony's unique design replaces a DSLR moving mirror with a fixed translucent mirror, which allows ultrafast shooting with continuous use of accurate phase-detection AF.
High Image Quality and Wide ISO Range for Stills/Movies
The large Exmor CMOS image sensor with approximately 24.2 MP provides for high image resolution, delicate tonal gradation and expressive bokeh. And the BIONZ X featuring advanced image reproducing technologies and processes vast data from the sensor at high speed for more realistic images. The duo is a perfect match for shooting in the wide ISO range of 100-25600 and producing beautifully sharp, clear results.
- 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor: A large APS-C size Exmor CMOS image sensor with approximately 24.2 MP effective resolution.
- BIONZ X Processing Engine: Supports a number of state-of-the-art image processing technologies that add up to superior overall image quality.
Supports 50Mbps XAVC S Format
For high image quality and minimal noise, you can record movies in the high-bit-rate XAVC S format, which enables Full HD image recording at 50Mbps (30p/25p,24.2p).
Tiltable LCD Screen
Tilt the LCD screen to shoot from most angles, max. 135 degrees up and 55 degrees down, including over your head or on the ground. The 2.7-type screen displays clear, brilliant images. Low reflectivity deepens blacks and sharpens contrast. Brightness is adjustable.
Smart Viewfinder for Better Photos
The bright, high-contrast OLED Tru-Finder makes it easier to expertly plan and preview shots, as it reproduces real-time image data with rich tonal gradation and faithful color.
Ultimate Precision and Craftsmanship
Broaden your photographic horizons with an expanded line-up of superb lenses. The a68 empowers you to fully enjoy the renowned performance of professional-grade glass from Sony and ZEISS.
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 5.61 x 4.10 x 3.26 in
- Weight: Approx. 24.55 oz (Body Only) / Approx. 23.81 oz (With battery and media)
- Lens Mount: A-mount
- Lens Compatibility: Sony A-mount lenses, operation with Minolta/Konica Minolta lenses confirmed
- Sensor Type: APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm) Exmor CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective): Approx.24.2 MP
- Number of Pixels (total): Approx.24.8 MP
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio: 3 : 2
- Anti-Dust System: Yes
- Smart zoom (Still Image): M: Approx. 1.4x, S: Approx. 2
- Digital zoom (Still Image): L: Approx. 4x, M: Approx. 5.7x, S: Approx. 8
- Digital zoom (Movie): Yes (4x)
Recording (Still Images)
- Recording Format (Still images): JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif ver. 2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2: L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 4240 x 2832 (12M), S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9: L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 4240 x 2400 (10M), S:3008 x 1688 (5.1M)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama: Standard Horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), Vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M) Wide Horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), Vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M)
- Image Quality Modes: RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box (1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1?5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1?6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Recording Format: XAVC S / AVCHD 2.0 / MP4
- Video Compression: XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 XAVC S, AVCHD:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format: XAVC S:LPCM 2ch AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator
- Movie Functions: AF Drive Speed, AF Tracking Duration, Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI Info. Display
- Face Detection: On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off
- Auto Object Framing: Yes (Still Images)
- Clear Image Zoom: Yes (approx. 2x)
- Lens Compensation: BIONZ X
- Compatible Recorcing Media: Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards (UHS-I compliant)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off , available for shutter speeds longer than 1 s, High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR: Auto
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight), Flash, Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K), Color Filter (G7 to M7, A7 to B7), Custom (1 / 2 / 3), Custom Set
- Bracketing: 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Sensor: CCD line sensors
- Focus Sensitivity Range: EV -2 to 18 (at ISO 100 equivalent)
- AF Mode: Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Automatic AF (AF-A)
- Focus Area: Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot, Expanded Flexible Spot, Lock-on AF (Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot, Expanded Flexible Spot
- Other Features: Eye-start AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock, AF On
- AF Illuminator: Built-in, auto pop-up
- AF Illuminator Range: Approx. 3.3 to 16.4 feet / Approx. 1 to 5 m
- Metering Type: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor: Exmor CMOS Sensor
- Metering Mode: Multi-segment, Spot, Center weighted
- Exposure Modes: AUTO (Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Continuous Advance Priority AE, Movie, Programmed AE, Aperture priority, Shutter-speed priority, Manual, Memory recall
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 5.0 EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing: Bracket: Cont./Bracket: Single, with 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames
- AE Lock: AE is also locked when focus is locked in multi-segment metering mode. ("AEL w/ shutter"(Auto/On/Off) is supported) Available with AE lock button
- ISO Sensitivity Movie: ISO100?12800 equivalent (1/3 EV step), AUTO (ISO 100?12800 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- ISO Sensitivity Still Image: ISO100?25600 (1/3 EV step), AUTO (ISO 100?25600, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Viewfinder Type: 0.39 in electronic viewfinder
- Number of Dots: 1,440,000 dots
- Magnification: Approx. 0.88x (35 mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.57x) with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1 mstyle name="sup"-1/style
- Dioptre Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0 mstyle name="sup"-1/style
- Eye Point: Approx. 26.5 mm from the eyepiece lens, 23 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1style name="sup"-1/style(CIPA standard)
- Screen Type: 2.7 in type TFT LCD
- Total Number of Dots: 460,800 dots
- Brightness Control (LCD): Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Shutter Type: Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed: Still images: 1/4000 to 30 s/Bulb; Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed: 1/160 s
- Flash Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Slow sync, Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable), Rear sync., Wireless, High Speed sync.
- Drive Modes: Single Shooting, Continuous Shooting (Hi/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 s delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 s delay, 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracket: Cont., Bracket: Single, White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
- Continues Shooting: Continuous Advance Priority AE: Max. 8fps, Continuous shooting Hi: Max. 5fps, Continuous shooting Lo: Max. 2.5fps
- Multi Interface Shoe: Microphone minijack; Multi/Micro USB Terminal; Multi Interface Shoe
- Supplied Battery: NP-FM500H M-series Rechargeable Battery Pack
This Kit Includes:
Photo Video Suite PaintShop Pro with VideoStudio 2019 (Digital Download)
Corel Photo Video Suite PaintShop Pro with VideoStudio 2019 (Digital Download)
Our Price: $99.00
Flexible Mini Table-top Tripod
General Brand Flexible Mini Table-top Tripod
Our Price: $14.99
64GB Extreme SDXC Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write - SDSDXVE-064G-ANCIN
Sandisk 64GB Extreme SDXC Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write - SDSDXVE-064G-ANCIN
Our Price: $29.99
ILCA68K/B a68 A-Mount 24.2MP Digital Camera with 18-55mm Zoom Lens - Black
Sony ILCA68K/B a68 A-Mount 24.2MP Digital Camera with 18-55mm Zoom Lens - Black
Our Price: $698.00
InfoLithium H Series NP-FM500 Camera battery for Select Alpha SLRs
Bower InfoLithium H Series NP-FM500 Camera battery for Select Alpha SLRs
Our Price: $19.99
Wireless Universal Shutter Release Remote Control for Canon, Nikon, and Sony
General Brand Wireless Universal Shutter Release Remote Control for Canon, Nikon, and Sony
Our Price: $7.50
SF3000 Bounce Zoom Slave Flash Enhance Photos, Colors & Saturation
General Brand SF3000 Bounce Zoom Slave Flash Enhance Photos, Colors & Saturation
Our Price: $29.99
Camera Bag for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras (Medium)
Deco Gear Camera Bag for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras (Medium)
Our Price: $34.95