Stunning performance. Newfound inspiration.
Meet your new must-have lens, the evolution of a legendary workhorse. The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR improves upon nearly every aspect of its acclaimed predecessor-sharpness, speed, consistency, control and durability plus Vibration Reduction image stabilization technology-and the results are stunning. Pair it with a Nikon full-frame high-resolution DSLR, and achieve new levels of sharpness and clarity. From studio work to field assignments, environmental to events, stills to HD video, when chasing the decisive moment, you'll always know which lens to grab.
In pursuit of ultimate image quality - Optical precision to the edge of the frame
A first for NIKKOR lenses, a new Aspherical Extra-Low Dispersion (ASP/ED) element is paired with traditional AS, ED and HRI elements for a thrilling new level of optical precision. Photos and videos take on a beautiful balance of sharpness and soft blur effects, virtually free of flare, ghosting, coma, chromatic or spherical aberration, even at the far edges of the frame. For those who thrive on image quality, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR delivers.
The go-to lens - Versatility, speed and durability
24-70mm is the sweet spot of the zoom range for many photographers, great for everything from landscapes and studio work to weddings and press events. The f/2.8 constant aperture allows for faster shutter speeds to freeze fast action, renders a beautiful bokeh blur and performs brilliantly in low light. Add an electromagnetic diaphragm for fast auto-exposure control plus the protection of Nikon's fluorine coat on the front and rear glass, and you've got the ultimate workhorse for nearly any situation.
Steadier than ever - 4.0 stops of Vibration Reduction
To complete the evolution, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR also includes Nikon's Vibration Reduction image stabilization technology. It reduces camera shake and vibration up to -4.0 stops. Capture sharp, steady handheld stills and HD videos, and shoot at slower shutter speeds in low-light situations without sacrificing sharpness. Versatility, enhanced.
- Aspherical Lens - A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism - An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass - An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- HRI - HRI stands for High Refractive Index Lens. With a refractive index of more than 2.0, one HRI lens can offer effects equivalent to those obtained with several normal glass elements and can compensate for both field curvature and spherical aberrations. Therefore, HRI lenses achieve great optical performance in an even more compact body.
- IF Lens - A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- M/A - Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
- Nano Crystal Coat - An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- Silent Wave Motor - AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology. SWM uses ultrasonic vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Super Integrated Coating - Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- Vibration Reduction - A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Mount Type - Nikon F-Bayonet
Focal Length Range - 24-70mm
Zoom Ratio - 2.9x
Maximum Aperture - f/2.8
Minimum Aperture - f/22
Format - FX/35mm
Maximum Angle of View (DX-format) - 61-degrees
Minimum Angle of View (DX-format) - 22-degrees 50'
Maximum Angle of View (FX-format) - 84-degrees
Minimum Angle of View (FX-format) - 34-degrees 20'
Maximum Reproduction Ratio - 0.27x
Lens Elements - 20
Lens Groups - 16
High Refractive Index Elements - 1
Compatible Format(s) - FX, DX
FX in DX Crop Mode - 35mm Film
VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization - Yes
Diaphragm Blades - 9
Distance Information - Yes
Nano Crystal Coat - Yes
ED Glass Elements - 2
Fluorine Coat - Yes
Aspherical Elements - 3
Super Integrated Coating - Yes
Autofocus - Yes
AF-S (Silent Wave Motor) - Yes
Internal Focusing - Yes
Minimum Focus Distance - 35-50 mm focal length: 1.2 ft. (0.38 m) from focal plane, 24, 28, 70 mm focal lengths: 1.3 ft. (0.41 m) from focal plane
Focus Mode - Manual, Manual/Auto
E-type - Yes
Filter Size - 82mm
Accepts Filter Type - Screw-on
Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length) - 3.4 in. (88.0 mm) x 6.0 in. (154.5 mm) Based on CIPA Guidelines
Approx. Weight - 38.4 oz. (1070 g) Based on CIPA Guidelines
This Kit Includes:
Photo Video Suite PaintShop Pro with VideoStudio (Digital Download)
Corel Photo Video Suite PaintShop Pro with VideoStudio (Digital Download)
Our Price: $99.00
Large Neoprene Lens Bag Protective Sleeve Water & Scratch Resistant Pouch Case
Deco Photo Large Neoprene Lens Bag Protective Sleeve Water & Scratch Resistant Pouch Case
Our Price: $6.95
Memory Card Reader, Card Wallet, Cleaning Kit and More
General Brand Memory Card Reader, Card Wallet, Cleaning Kit and More
Our Price: $6.95
64GB Extreme SDXC Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write - SDSDXVE-064G-ANCIN
Sandisk 64GB Extreme SDXC Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write - SDSDXVE-064G-ANCIN
Our Price: $29.99
24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR AF-S NIKKOR Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR AF-S NIKKOR Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Our Price: $2,096.95
82mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter kit (set of 3 + carrying case)
Vivitar 82mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter kit (set of 3 + carrying case)
Our Price: $24.95
82mm Flower Lens Hood
Vivitar 82mm Flower Lens Hood
Our Price: $14.95
Professional Lens Blower
General Brand Professional Lens Blower
Our Price: $6.49
SF3000 Bounce Zoom Slave Flash Enhance Photos, Colors & Saturation
General Brand SF3000 Bounce Zoom Slave Flash Enhance Photos, Colors & Saturation
Our Price: $29.99
LCD/Lens Cleaning Pen HF-LPEN
General Brand LCD/Lens Cleaning Pen HF-LPEN
Our Price: $7.95