Sony FDR-AX53/B 4K Handycam with Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Stunning video in both 4k/24p/30p and Full HD 60p/30p
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Intelligent Active Mode
- Fast Intelligent AF captures the decisive moment
- Get wider on and closer to your subjects and scenery with a 26.8mm ZEISS lens with 20x Optical Zoom
- Pro features such as manual control ring and time code
- Versatile shooting w/ XAVC S, AVCHD and MP4 codecs
- 0.27" EVF (201K) and touch screen 3" Xtra Fine LCD (921K)
- 5 directional mic for premium sound and less noise
- Produce high quality 4K Time Lapse for an immersive experience
- Connect, control, backup, share and broadcast wirelessly with NFC/Wi-Fi
Your moments deserve the stunning clarity that only 4K Ultra HD can provide. With wide-angle lens, a 20x zoom and the unrivaled stability of Balanced Optical Steady Shot, you’ll always get the perfect shot. Fast Intelligent Autofocus and 5-direction microphone ensure clean and crisp video and sound, all in a compact body.
Stunning video in both 4k/24p/30p and Full HD 60p/30p
Capture the finest details in 4k (QFHD: 3840 x 2160), 4x Full HD resolution. A newly developed image sensor, with pixels of approximately 1.6 times bigger size, offers superior sensitivity for capturing beautiful high-quality images with less noise under dark as well as bright shooting conditions. The XAVC S codec and incredibly high resolution produces vibrant and extremely realistic images. What's more, the blazingly fast image processor is the same one employed in professional Sony models, making it possible to record 30p movies in 4K and 60p in Full HD 1080 resolution for incredibly smooth and sharp playback, with no loss in realism, even when panning the camera and shooting moving subjects. Shoot in Full HD at 120/100fps (NTSC/PAL), edit the footage after shooting, and enjoy incredibly smooth and sharp slow-motion video.
Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Intelligent Active Mode
On standard Optical SteadyShot camcorders, a single "shift lens" is moved in the optical block to offset camera shake. Balanced Optical SteadyShot moves the entire optical block at once, maintaining the integrity of the optical path and reducing shake and distortion in videos and still photos. BOSS has now been improved to offer 5-xis stabilization from wide angle to telephoto.
Fast Intelligent AF captures the decisive moment
Fast Intelligent AF achieves incredibly rapid and accurate contrast-detection. It minimizes lens motion, predicting the AF range, and accelerates the lens drive, thereby improving response so you can capture precise moments.
Get wider on and closer to your subjects and scenery with a 26.8mm ZEISS lens with 20x Optical Zoom
This lens helps to depict remarkable details of high-quality 4K images throughout its wide-angle-to-telephoto range. The use of an AA (advanced aspherical) lens not only keeps depiction faithful - it also keeps the lens unit compact. ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens helps to ensure accurate reproduction of color. Multilayer ZEISS T* Coating further enhances image quality by reducing unwanted reflection, such as ghost and flare. Whether you're shooting movies or still images this professional wide-angle 26.8mm ZEISS lens captures more breathtaking landscapes and indoor scenes, when you don't have enough room to step back. With a 20x Optical zoom.
Pro features such as manual control ring and time code
Enjoy total customization with ergonomic manual controls. Use the intuitive multi-purpose manual ring to adjust zoom, focus, exposure, IRIS, shutter speed, AE shift, or white balance shift mode after using the manual button to select the mode. Time Code and User Bit can be added to movies as data elements. Time Code function records hours/minutes/seconds/frames on image data for precise advanced video editing. User Bit function records information such as date/time/scene number, etc. in eight-digit arbitrary numbers, and is useful for editing movies using two or more cameras.
Versatile shooting w/ XAVC S, AVCHD and MP4 codecs
By employing XAVC S format, which was developed from the XAVC format for professional use, 4K 100Mbps and Full HD 50Mbps high-bitrate recording realize incredibly high-quality images. Yet, XAVC S data is compressed so that it is more manageable for general consumers.
High contrast 0.27" EVF and 3.0" Xtra Fine LCD with WhiteMagic
The FDR-AX53 employs a high contrast .27" EVF, using four dual-surface spherical lenses, allows for a 33-degree wide angle view that is amazingly clear through the edge of the view finder. The high-precision 3.0" Xtra Fine LCD features a WhiteMagic display that uses white pixels in addition to RGB pixels to boost screen brightness, allowing users to see subtle details and tones on the screen in all types of shooting environments, including outdoors.
Premium 5 directional mic for realistic sound reproduction
The FDR-AX53 has a premium mic with a new structural design that enables it to gather sound from 5 directions. This enables the camera to reproduce clearer sound, yielding up to 40% less noise and is twice as effective as a 2ch stereo (for XAVC S shooting) and three times as effective as 5.1ch surround sound performance. This makes it possible to faithfully reproduce audio with clearly defined separation. Advanced sound features such as Auto Wind Noise Reduction and Premium Closer Voice make it even easier to attain ideal sound quality in various situations. Records high quality linear PCM (XAVC S) and AAC-LC 2ch (MP4).
Produce high quality 4K Time Lapse for an immersive experience
You can capture 4K size still images continuously over an extensive period of time at a selected constant interval from each shot to the next, edit the entire sequence of still images in post-production, and enjoy playback of that series of images as a time-lapse movie.
Connect, control, backup, share and broadcast wirelessly with NFC/Wi-Fi
Easily connect to an Android or iOS smartphone or tablet with Wi-Fi and the PlayMemories Mobile app to control the camcorder (Rec, photo, zoom) or instantly transfer, share movies and photos via your mobile device. NFC (Near Filed Communication) makes it even easier to connect to NFC compatible mobile devices with one touch. Share the adventure as it happens via Ustream live streaming. Now your circle of friends and family can share the excitement in real time by simply logging in to Ustream from anywhere. You can also link your favorite social accounts with the streaming to notify your friends when you start streaming video. Add a different point of view by including other camera angles to your movies. The camcorder connects up to five compatible cameras - like an Action Cam - via Wi-Fi and uses the camcorder's LCD to preview what the other cameras are seeing and simultaneously start recording on all synced cameras. Use PlayMemories Home to easily edit a multi-view movie for a great video experience.
- Camera Type: Digital 4K Video Camera Recorder
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.5" (7.20mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Processor: BIONZ X image processor
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 8.57M pixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Movie: Approx. 8.29 MP (16:9)*1 Still: Approx. 8.29 MP (16:9) / Approx. 6.22 MP (4:3). When "SteadyShot" is set to "Standard" or "Off".
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Media Type: XAVC S 4K (100Mbps): SDHC Memory Card (4GB or over, UHS-I U3 or Higher) / SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I U3 or Higher) XAVC S 4K (60Mbps): SDHC Memory Card (4GB or over, Class10 or Higher) / SDXC Memory Card (Class10 or Higher) XAVC S HD: SDHC Memory Card (4GB or over, Class10 or Higher) / SDXC Memory Card (Class10 or Higher) AVCHD,Still: Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher)
- Still Image Mode: JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: 16.6 megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9: Movie Mode: M: 8.3 Megapixels 16:9 (3840x2160); S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080) Photo Mode: L: 16.6 Megapixels 16:9 (5440x3056); M: 8.3 Megapixels 16:9 (3840x2160); S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- Still Image Size 4:3: Photo Mode: L:12.5 Megapixels 4:3 (4080x3056); M: 6.2 Megapixels 4:3 (2880x2160); S: 0.3 Megapixels 4:3 (640x480)
- Video Format: XAVC S format:MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD format ver.2.0 compatible:MPEG4-AVC/H.264 MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Video Resolution: XAVC S 4K : 3840 x 2160/30p, 24p XAVC S HD : 1920 x 1080/60p, 30p, 24p AVCHD : 1920 x 1080/60p(PS),24p(FX,FH),60i(FX,FH), 1440 x 1080/60i(HQ,LP) MP4: 1280 x 720 30p
- Video Actual (Pixel): Approx. 8.29 M pixels (16:9). When "SteadyShot" is set to "Standard" or "Off".
- Video Signal: UHDTV, HDTV, NTSC color, EIA standards
- Photo Capture from Movie: XAVC S 4K: 8.3 Megapixels 16:9 (3840x2160) XAVC S HD: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080) AVCHD: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- Dual Record: M: 8.3 Megapixels 16:9 (3840x2160) S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- Audio Format: MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch (48kHz/16bit) Dolby Digital 5.1ch, Dolby Digital 5.1 Creator, Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch. Video Mode is XAVC S HD or 4K. Video Mode is AVCHD. Video Mode is MP4.
- Microphone/Speaker: Built-in Zoom Microphone; Monoroal Speaker
- Dual Video Recording: Yes. Dual Video Recording "doesn't work in "AVCHD PS" mode or "XAVC S HD 60p" mode.
- Mic Level Control: Yes (31steps)
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR): XAVC S 4K: approx. 100Mbps
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR): XAVC S 4K: approx. 60Mbps
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR): XAVC S HD: approx. 50Mbps
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR): AVCHD PS: approx. 28Mbps / FX: approx. 24Mbps / FH: approx. 17Mbps / HQ: approx. 9Mbps / LP: approx. 5Mbps
- Movie Recording Rate (Average Bit Rate/VBR): MP4: approx.3Mbps
- Still Image File Format: DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Wind Noise Reduction: Yes (On/Off)
- Lens Type: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T*
- Lens Stabilization: Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Intelligent Active Mode
- Aperture: F2.0 - 3.8
- Optical Zoom: 20x
- Digital Zoom: 250x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): Movie: f=1 1/16 - 21 1/8 inch (f=26.8-536.0mm) (16:9) Photo: f=1 1/16 - 21 1/8 inch (16:9), f=1 5/16 - 25 7/8 (4:3) (f=26.8-536.0mm(16:9) f=32.8-656.0mm (4:3). When "SteadyShot" is set to "Standard" or "Off".
- Filter Diameter: 2 1/4" (55 mm)
- Minimum Focus Distance: Approx. 1cm - 13/32inch (Wide), Approx. 80cm - 31 1/2inch (Tele)
- Aperture Blade: 6 blades
- Clear Image Zoom: 4K : 30x; HD : 40x. When "SteadyShot" is set to "Active" or "Intelligent Active".
- Focal Distance: f=3/16 - 3 1/2 inch (f = 4.4-88mm)
- Steady Shot Mode: Active: 4K : f=27.3 -818.4mm, HD : f=27.3 -1091.2mm Intelligent active: f=28.1-1122.6mm
- Type: 0.24" (0.6cm) / Color 1 555 200 dots equivalent
- Diopter Adjustment: Yes (-4.0 to +3.0 m-1)
- Field of View: 100%
- LCD Type: 3.0: (7.5cm) Xtra Fine LCD display (921 600 dots) Wide (16:9)
- Angle Adjustment: Opening Angle: max. 90 deg., Turning Angle: max. 270 deg.
- Brightness Control: Yes (Menu)
- Coverage: 100%
- Grid Display: Grid Line
- Touch Panel: Yes
- Focus System: Contrast AF
- AF Modes: Auto / Manual (Touch Panel / Ring)
- Focus Area: Full range Focus / Spot Focus
- Manual Focus Assist: Magnified display for precise manual focus; Peaking Display
- Focus Features: Lock-on AF
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment / Spot
- Exposure Compensation: AE Shift (Touch Panel / Ring)
- Exposure Settings: Auto; Flexible Spot (Touch Panel); Manual (Ring / Menu)
- Scene Mode(s): Auto / Night Scene / Sunrise & Sunset / Fireworks / Landscape / Portrait / Spotlight / Beach / Snow
- Noise Reduction: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Onepush / Outdoor / Indoor
- Minimum Illumination: 4K: Standard: 9 lux (1/60 Shutter Speed) HD: Standard: 6 lux (1/60 Shutter Speed) 4K: Low Lux 1.8 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed) HD: Low Lux 1.2 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed) NightShot: 0 lux (1/60 Shutter Speed)
- Auto Iris Control: F2.0-F11
- Backlight Compensation: Yes (Auto)
- LOW LUX Mode: Yes
- Manual Exposure Assist: Zebra Pattern Display
- Manual Iris Control: F2.0-F11
- WB Shift: Yes
- Drive Mode: Photo Mode: Single-shot / Self-timer
- Self-timer: Approx. 10sec.(Still Image / Golf Shot)
- Shutter Speeds: Auto Control Range: 1/8-1/10000 Standard: 1/60-1/10000 Manual lris Control: 1/30-1/10000 Manual Shutter: 1/8-1/10000 Smooth Slow Rec: 1/250-1/10000
- Flash Metering System: Pre-flash TTL (w/ Optional Flash)
- Flash Modes: Auto / On / OFF (w/ Optional Flash)
- Flash Compensation: Yes (3 steps) (w/ Optional Flash)
- Manual / Auto Lens Cover: Auto
- S/S & Zoom Button on LCD: Yes (Touch Panel)
- Red-Eye Reduction: Yes w/ Optional Flash Accessory
- Fader Effect(s): White / Black
- Date / Time Stamp: Yes (Rec Date and Time, Camera info)
- Erase/Protect: Yes / Yes
- Media/Battery Indicator: Yes (recordable time, free and used media space) / Yes (recordable time, remaining capacity)
- Power Save Mode: Yes
- Still Image Playback Options: Slide Show
- Video Playback Options: Highlight Movie Maker; Highlight background music (Preinstalled 6 music files, Music transfer compatible). Video Mode is AVCHD. PlayMemories Home Ver.4.1 or later is required.
- Multiple Language Display: English; French; Spanish; Brazilian Portugese
- Picture Effects: Yes
- Remote Control: Yes (Optional)
- Self Recording: Yes
- AGC Limit: Yes
- Airplane Mode: Yes
- Audio Level Display: Yes
- CinemaTone Gamma/Color: Yes
- Face Detection: Yes
- Golf Shot: Yes [AVCHD only]
- Intelligent Auto: Portrait / Baby / Walk / Tripod / Backlight / Landscape / Spotlight / Twilight / Macro / Low light / Auto wind noise reduction
- Motion Shot Video: Yes (AVCHD / XAVC S HD or MP4 only)
- My Voice Canceling: Yes
- NightShot Infrared System: Yes
- Smile Shutter Technology: Off / Dual Capture / Always On
- Smooth Slow Rec: Yes [AVCHD only]
- Wi-Fi: Built-In: Send to Smartphone; Control with Smartphone; Multi Camera Control; Live Streaming
- x.v.Color: Yes
- Memory Card Slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- NFC: Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
- Wi-Fi: Yes (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band))
- SD Output: Composite Video Out (AV CABLE (sold separately))
- HD Output: HDMI Out (micro)(supplied)
- BRAVIA Sync: Yes
- PhotoTV HD: Yes
- Headphone Jack: Stereo Minijack
- Microphone Input: Stereo Minijack
- Direct Copy: Yes
- Accessory Shoe: Yes (Multi Interface Shoe)
- DC IN: Yes
- HDMI Terminal: Yes (HDMI micro) (output only)
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal: Yes
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): Approx.2 7/8 x 3 1/4 x 6 5/8" (Approx.73 x 80.5 x 166.5mm) (including supplied battery)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 1lb 2.9oz (Approx. 535g) unit only; Approx. 1lb 4.8oz (Approx. 590g) with NP-FV50 supplied battery
- Supplied Battery Charger: Charging Time: Approx. 3h 25min
- Power Consumption (in Operation): View Finder Operation: 4K: 4.9W LCD Operation: 4K: 4.9W
- Power Requirements: 6.8V /7.4V (battery pack); 8.4V (AC Adaptor)
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM with AccuPower Meter System (V Series) (Except for NP-FV30)
This Kit Includes:
FDR-AX53/B 4K Handycam Camcorder with Exmor R CMOS Sensor
Sony FDR-AX53/B 4K Handycam Camcorder with Exmor R CMOS Sensor
Our Price: $1,098.00