- WG-30w Digital Camera - Flame Orange
- 4GB Secure Digital SD Memory Card
- 3 Piece Lens Cleaing Kit
- LCD/Lens Cleaning Pen
- Ultra-Compact Digital Camera Deluxe Carrying Case
- Micro Fiber Cloth
- Rugged, compact design
- Built-in Wi-Fi capabilities
- Waterproof, shockproof, crushproof, coldproof, dustproof
- 5X optical zoom
The adventure never stops with the Ricoh WG-30w. Equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, uploading your fun online has never been easier. Impress your family and friends with this rugged camera that is waterproof, shockproof and coldproof. This dependable compact camera is packed with a 16.0 megapixel back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, as well as advanced imaging technologies and an impressive 5X optical zoom lens. With the WG-30w you can record full HD movies in full 1080p HD resolution. Creating underwater imagery is made simple with enhanced underwater modes you can only find on the WG-30w. Completing this rugged camera is the ability to pair it with over 10 WG accessories, from mounts to helmet straps. Don?t miss out on the adventure with the WG-30w.
Heavy-duty construction for underwater shooting down to 39 feet (12 meters) deep, for up to two continuous hours
The solid, airtight body of the WG-30w is not only waterproof to a depth of 39 feet (12 meters) and for up to two hours of continuous operation (equivalent to IPX 8 or JIS Class 8), but also shockproof against falls from a height of approximately 5 feet (1.5 meters), dustproof (equivalent to IPX 6 or JIS Class 6), freeze-proof to temperatures as low as -10 degrees C, and crushproof against weights up to 100kgf (kilogram force). Thanks to this dependable, heavy-duty construction, the WG-30W performs superbly and dependably in harsh, demanding outdoor conditions. Measured under RICOH IMAGING-original testing standards - from a height of 1.5 meters, onto a surface of 5cm-thick plywood - conforming to Method 516.5-Shock of the MIL-Standard 810F. Measured under RICOH IMAGING-original testing standards.
Wi-Fi connection to support remote operation using smartphones
The WG-30w provides a host of Wi-Fi functions, including remote shutter release, review of recorded images, and setting of multiple shooting functions. The user can also browse and download recorded images onto a smartphone, then upload them to share with family and friends.
Six Macro Lights to assist close-up shooting, with a Self-Portrait Assist mode
With six LED Macro Lights positioned around the circumference of the lens barrel for macro shooting, the WG-30w provides bright, uniform illumination on the subject when the Digital Microscope mode is selected. Thanks to these Macro Lights, the user can clearly see on the camera's LCD monitor a magnified view of the microscopic world undetectable by the naked eye, and effortlessly capture eye-catching images. In order to minimize camera shake and subject, the Instant Illumination Enhance function allows for the use of a higher shutter speed by automatically raising the illumination level of the Macro Lights at the moment of shutter release. The Macro Lights also provide other useful functions, such as Self-Portrait Assist mode, which uses the blink of an LED lamp to check if the subject?s face is safely captured within the picture frame, and the LED Lighting mode that uses the Macro Lights as a lighting device in the dark. When this mode is selected, the recorded size is fixed at 2.0 megapixels (at 16 9 proportions).
2.7-inch, wide-screen LCD monitor
The WG-30w comes equipped with a large, 2.7-inch LCD monitor with horizontally extended 16:9 proportions and approximately 230,000 dots. Its AR (Anti-Reflection) coating minimizes annoying glare and reflections to assure a sharp, clear on-screen image even in the harsh sunshine often encountered during outdoor shooting.
Back-illuminated CMOS image sensor and imaging engine
The WG-30w is equipped with a state-of-the-art 16 effective megapixel, back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, which assures excellent image resolution and high-sensitivity, low-noise characteristics. Coupled with a newly designed imaging engine, this image sensor delivers a top sensitivity of ISO 6400. This model also provides advanced image processing functions, made possible by the latest super-resolution technology, to assure sharp, clear, high-resolution images. It even offers such innovative features as Handheld Night Snap mode, which automatically captures four images of the same nighttime scene and produces a single blur-free composite image from them.
Full HD movie recording for extended shooting of high-quality movies
The WG-30w provides Full HD movie recording employing the H.264 recording format, allowing the user to capture high-quality, extended movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels, 16:9 proportions) at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. It also features a high-speed camera function for slow-motion playback of captured movie clips, and an interval movie function that will give a time-lapse effect. A micro-HDMI terminal (Type D) is also provided on the camera body for simultaneous output of Full HD movie clips and sound to external audio-visual devices. When this function is selected, the recorded size is fixed at 1280 x 720 pixels.
High-quality images made possible by advanced imaging technologies and a 5X optical zoom lens with 28mm wide-angle coverage
The WG-30w features a high-performance, five-times optical zoom lens with a focal-length coverage from 5mm to 25mm (equivalent to approx. 28mm wide angle to approx. 140mm medium telephoto in the 35mm format) to accommodate a wide range of scenes and subjects, including sweeping landscapes. It also features other convenient shooting functions, such as a macro mode to capture dramatic close-up images from a minimum distance of a mere one centimeter; an Intelligent Zoom function to extend the zoom range to approximately 36 times (equivalent to 1008mm in the 35mm format) without compromising image quality for high-quality super-telephoto photography; and an interval shooting mode, which will capture multiple images of a scene over a set time. Specifically designed for underwater photography, the Mermaid and Mermaid Movie modes are programmed to optimize color and contrast based on the data of images and movies actually captured under the water. These modes deliver beautiful, true-to-life images by enhancing shades of red which are often lost in underwater photography, while effectively compensating for the loss of contrast caused by the diffusion of light in the water.
Triple anti-shake protection to prevent blurred images in all applications
(1) Pixel Track SR mechanism When recording still images, this advanced shake-reduction mechanism effectively compensates for camera shake by digitally processing images. (2) Digital SR mode When the camera detects low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting, this mode automatically raises the sensitivity up to as high as ISO 6400, making it possible to use a higher shutter speed and effectively minimize the adverse effects of camera shake and subject shake under poor lighting conditions. (3) Movie SR mode During movie recording, this mode effectively compensates for the misalignment of images caused by camera shake through the use of exclusive software to produce beautiful, blur-free movie clips.
A range of WG-series mount accessories (optional) to accommodate diverse camera setups. Two remote control receptors (one in front and another on the back) to add flexibility when using the optional weather sealed remote control. Macro stand (included) to maintain a minimum focusing distance of one centimeter to the subject during extended observation and shooting. High-speed Face Detection function to capture as many as 32 faces in focus in approximately 0.03 seconds (minimum); Smile Capture function to automatically release the shutter when the subject?s smile is detected. Outdoor-friendly Style Watch function to display the time on the LCD monitor, using an extended push of the OK button when the camera's power is turned off. Delay-free, pushbutton start of the playback mode, using an extended push of the playback button. Auto Picture mode to automatically select the most appropriate shooting mode from 16 different scene modes. A choice of 12 digital filters. Pet detection function to automatically detect the face of a cat or dog.
- Type: 1/2.3" Backlit CMOS
- Effective Pixels: 16MP
- Total Pixels: 16.76MP
- Still: 16M(4608 x 3456), 12M(1:1)(3456 x 3456), 12M(16:9)(4608 x 2592), 7M(3072 x 2304), 5M(16:9)(3072 x 1728), 5M(2592 x 1944), 4M(16:9)(2592 x 1464), 3M(2048 x 1536), 2M(16:9)(1920 x 1080), 1024(1024 x 768), 640(640 x 480)
- Movie: HD 1920 (1920x1080) 30 fps, 1280 (1280x720) 60 / 30 fps
- Movie: Fixed
- Type/Construction: RICOH zoom lens, 11 elements, 9 groups (5 aspheric elements), protective cover w SP coating
- Optical Zoom: 5X
- Focal Length (35mm Equiv.): 5-25mm (28-140mm)
- Digital Zoom: approx. 7.2X
- Combined Zoom: 36x at 640 (including optical zoom)
- Intelligent Zoom: up to approx 36x
- Aperture: F3.5 (wide) - 5.5 (tele). Minimum aperture: F4.2 (wide), F6.6 (tele)
- Type: TTL contrast detection autofocus, AF assist lamp, Macro Illuminating LEDs
- Focus Modes: 9 point AF, Spot AF, Auto Tracking AF, Infinity-landscape, Pan Focus,
- Manual Focus: Yes, 0 .4" to infinity (0.4" is only available in 2-4 zoom steps)
- Macro Focus: Yes, Macro and 1CM Macro available
- Focus Lock: Yes, by pressing the shutter release button half way
- Normal: 0.5m - infinity / 1.64ft. - infinity (entire zoom range)
- Macro: 0.1 - 0.6m / 0.33 - 1.97ft. (entire zoom range)
- 1 CM Macro: 0.01 - 0.3m / 0.03 - 0.98ft. (middle zoom position)
- LCD Screen: 2.7" Wide LCD
- LCD Resolution: 230,000 dots, AR Coating(Cover only)
- Wide Angle Viewable: Yes
- Type: Built-in series control auto flash
- Flash Modes: Flash-on and Flash-off modes. "Red-eye" reduction
- Effective Range: approx.0.2 - 3.9m / 0.66 - 13 ft. (ISO Auto) (wide, auto ISO), approx. 0.2 - 2.5m / 0.66 - 8.2 ft. (ISO Auto) (tele, auto ISO)
- Internal Memory: approx. 68MB
- Removable Memory: SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card
- Ports: USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) (Micro-B): HDMI terminal (Type D)
- Printer Interfaces: n/a
- Wireless Standard: 802.11b/g/n
- Frequency: 2.4GHz band
- Security: WPA2
- Power Source: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery D-LI92
- Recordable Images: Approx 300
- Playback Time: Approx 260 min
- Movie Recording Time: Approx 90 min.
- AC Adapter Available: Yes (optional)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.8 x 2.4 x 1.2"
- Weight: Without battery or removable memory: 6.1 oz; Loaded and ready: 6.8 oz
- Construction material(s): Reinforced polycarbonate plastic w aluminum accents
- Operating temperature: 14-104 degrees F (coldproof)
- Weather Resistant: Yes, JIS Class 8 waterproof submersible to 40' (for 2 hours), JIS
- Dust Resistant: Class 6 dustproof
- Shock Resistant: Yes, shockproof to 4.9'
- Startup: Approx 1.5 sec
- Release Lag: Approx 0.008 sec
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Thai, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Still: Pixel Track SR, High-Sensitivity anti-shake mode (Digital SR)
- Movie: Movie Shake Reduction Mode (Movie SR)
- Type: TTL
- Multi-Segment: Yes
- Center Weighted: Yes
- Spot: Yes
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 2 EV (1/3 steps)
- ISO Sensitivity: AUTO, Manual (ISO 125 - 6400)
- White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light(D:Daylight Color, N:Daylight White, W:White Light), Manual
- Type: (Mechanical and electronic shutter)
- Shutter Speed: 1/4000 to 1/4 sec (up to 4 sec in Night Scene mode)
- Scene Mode Selection: Auto Picture, Program, HDR, Handheld Night Snap, Movie, High Speed Movie, Digital Microscope, Landscape, Flower, Portrait, Underwater, Underwater Movie, Interval Shot, Interval Movie, Surf & Snow, Kids, Pet, Sport, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Fireworks, Food, Digital SR, Report, Green
- Green Simplified Mode Available: Yes
- Face Detection Available: Yes. Face Detection AF&AE available for all modes up to 32 faces. Smile Capture, Self-portrait Assist, Self-portrait Assist + Smile Capture, Blink Detection. (1 Pet face in auto).
- Date Stamp: Yes, date, date-time, time (not available in Green mode)
- Digital Filters (Capture): Image Tone (Bright, Natural, Monochrome)
- Dynamic Range Adjustment: Yes (highlight and shadow correction)
- Mode Selection: One shot, Self-timer, Continuous Shooting, Burst Shooting, Remote Control, Auto Bracketing
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 1.08 FPS
- High-speed Continuous Shooting: Approx. 10 fps, 5M(4:3): up to 30 frames, approx. 10 fps, 4M(16:9): up to 30 frames
- Self-Timer: Yes (10s, 2s), Remote Control (immediate, 3s)
- Remote Control: Yes (infrared, optional)
- Mode Selection: One Shot, Index (6 / 12 thumb nails), Enlargement (up to 10X, scroll available), Movie Playback, Sound Playback, Histogram, Folder display, Select&Delete, Calendar
- Mode Pallet: Slideshow, Image Rotation, Small Face Filter, Ink Rubbing Filter, Collage, Digital Filter (B&W / Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Starburst, Soft, Fish-eye, Brightness, Miniature), HDR Filter, Original Frame, Movie Edit, Red-eye Edit, Resize, Cropping, Image Copy, Protect, Start-up Screen
- Magnification: Up to 10X, scrollable
- Digital Filters (Playback): B&W / Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Starburst, Soft, Fish-eye, Brightness, Miniature
- Movie Edit: Save as Still Image, Movie Divide, Add Title Picture
- Still: JPEG(conforms to Exif 2.3), conforms to DCF2.0, PRINT Image Matching III
- Movie (Compression): MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Sound: WAV (PCM), monaural
*For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 USB port
- Mac: MacOS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 USB port