a7R II Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens 42.4MP Camera Body
LCD Screen Protector 3-Pack
Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag
Tri-fold Memory Card Wallet
Hi-Speed SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 R94 W70 Memory Card
High Speed micro-HDMI to HDMI A/V Cable 6 Feet
Rapid Battery Charger for Sony FW50 Batteries
62mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter Kit (Set of 3 + Carrying Case)
Flexible Mini Table-top Tripod
InfoLithium H Series NP-FW50 Camera Battery x 2
Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Sony a7R II Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens 42.4MP Camera
World's first Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor with 42.4 megapixels
The 35mm Exmor R CMOS sensor is the world's first full-frame sensor with back-illuminated structure. The structure combines gapless on-chip lens design and AR (anti-reflective) coating on the surface of the sensor's glass seal - with no low-pass filter - to dramatically improve light collection efficiency, even though the pixels are smaller than the ones in the a7R. Moreover, the wiring layer now uses copper (instead of aluminum) wiring for faster transmission speed. The results are truly remarkable - with incredibly detailed 42.4 megapixel stills and 4k video with high sensitivity - up to ISO 102,400, low-noise performance and wide dynamic range that are superior to previous models.
5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for 42.4MP full-frame
The 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system is fine-tuned for high-resolution image sensors. It accurately compensates for blur caused by camera shake from five different directions - vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll - as opposed to only two in previous systems. The 5-axis image stabilizing system excels during video recording and even compensates for blur caused by the photographer walking or running. It's a true marvel of engineering. You can even monitor the stabilizing effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen while shooting still images by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image, and while shooting movies by entering movie mode.
4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
The a7R II is the world's first camera to offer 4K movie recording to internal media in the full-frame format. It also provides you the option of shooting 4k in the super 35mm format. Enjoy the expansive power that the full-frame image sensor can express in 4k with direct pixel readout and no line skipping. In super-35 format, the a7R II employs oversampling with full pixel readout and no line skipping or pixel binning - resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moiremoire and jaggies than typical 4K movies. Fast hybrid AF with 399 phase detection AF points and 5-axis image stabilization take movie making to a new level.
Fast Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points
Your shots of action can look clearer than ever, thanks to a new full-frame image sensor that assures the world's highest number of focal plane phase-detection AF points, at 399, and the widest coverage, of 45% of the image area. With its accelerated readout and an advanced algorithm to anticipate subject movement, the sensor also makes it possible for the Fast Hybrid AF system with additional 25-point contrast-detection AF points to raise speed, accuracy, and tracking performance to incredible heights, even when shooting at up to 5fps at 42.4MP. Faster readout thanks to the back-illuminated structure of the image sensor improved AF response so dramatically that the AF system of the a7R II instantly captures even fast-moving subjects with razor-sharp clarity.
2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder with ZEISS T coating
See every detail in every scene with the XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder. The four-lens optical system with double-sided aspherical elements provides views of cutting-edge clarity and contrast throughout the entire width and length of the display. Better yet, ZEISS T coating ensures absolutely minimal surface reflection. You'll enjoy rich tonal gradations and high-end features like 100% frame coverage, and the world's highest magnification in a full-frame camera with EVF at 0.78x. View every scene in rich detail as the viewfinder faithfully displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings, so you can accurately monitor the results.
Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi/NFC
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi, you can easily connect to a compatible iOS or Android smartphone or tablet with the free PlayMemories Mobile App. From there you can control your camera, preview and frame using your mobile device and trigger the camera shutter or movie button. Then instantly transfer a photo or MP4 movie to your device. NFC (Near Field Communication) provides "one-touch connection" convenience to Android smartphones and tablets with NFC. Simply touch devices to connect. Setting up your mobile device is as simple as downloading a free PlayMemories Mobile app.
Personalize your camera with PlayMemories Camera Apps
Add new features to your a7R II with PlayMemories Camera Apps. Find apps to fit your shooting style - with everything from time lapse, motion shot and more. Use apps that shoot, share and save photos to your smartphone using Wi-Fi, making it easy to post photos directly to your favorite social media site or backup images to the cloud without connecting to a computer.
Focal plane phase-detection AF with A-mount lenses
The a7R II offers focal plane phase-detection AF with A-mount lenses so you can take advantage of the wide AF coverage of 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points, high-speed response, high tracking capability and high optical performance of A-mount lenses. This is only possible with A-mount lenses mounted using a LA-E3 or LA-EA1 (APS C format with LA-EA1) lens mount adaptor and that have a SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) or SAM (Smooth Autofocus Motor).
Durable reduced-vibration shutter
The shutter's braking mechanism cuts mechanical front/rear curtain vibration by about 50%. Also, use the electronic front curtain for even less vibration. This not only minimizes camera shake that can blur details in 42.4-megapixel images - it makes the shutter durable enough to have been tested to 500,000 cycles.
Tough magnesium alloy body and robust lens mount
Designed for solid reliability and steady handling, the a7R II's compact body is built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field, thanks to an internal structure and top, front, and rear covers all made of strong, rigid magnesium alloy. Furthermore, the a7R II features a robust lens mount with the strength and rigidity to match the body - this is especially good for mounting large, heavy lenses such as super telephoto lenses and those preferred for movie shooting.
3" LCD screen tilts up and down for easy high and low-angle framing.
The tiltable 3" (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display makes it easy to photograph over crowds, or objects close to the ground or maybe you just want to get a different perspective. The screen can swivel up approx. 107 degrees and down approx. 41 degrees. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies thanks to WhiteMagic technology that nearly doubles the brightness of the display through a unique RGBW pixel structure for easier checking of the focus and image details.
High-bit-rate XAVC S format for 4K recording
XAVC S format now supports 4K recording at maximum 100Mbps bit rate as well as Full HD recording at 50Mbps, so the a7R II can capture movies filled with finely detailed movement. For efficient handling, XAVC S files are minimized in size using Long GOP data compression, and contained in the widely compatible MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format.
Designed for a pro-workflow with Picture Profiles, S-Log2 and time code.
The a7R II is equipped with S-Log2 gamma. Common to Sony's range of professional video cameras, S-Log2 expands the dynamic range by up to 1300% to minimize clipped highlights and loss of detail in shadows. The a7R II include a picture profile that can adjust settings like gamma, black, level and color adjustment, and can be saved for use in a multi-camera shoot. It also has Full HD base band HDMI output, time code/user bit for easier editing, synchronous recording feature with compatible devices, various marker and zebra displays on both the LCD screen and viewfinder.
Compatible with professional microphone systems.
The a7R II has a MI (Multi interface) shoe that is compatible with Sony's optional XLR Adaptor Microphone Kits (XLR-K1M and XLR-K2M), allowing you to use professional XLR microphone systems for balanced audio during recording.
Fast Hybrid AF for movies
Simultaneous readout of live-view image and phase-detection AF information from the image sensor makes the extra-precise, smooth Fast Hybrid AF of the a7R II great for shooting movies - especially 4K movies which can otherwise reveal even a slight lack of sharpness in subject focus. AF drive speed and AF Tracking Sensitivity are also adjustable to support creative moviemaking.
High-speed BIONZ X image processing engine
Get exceptional picture quality with detail reproduction technology - that faithfully capture images with realism, diffraction reducing technology to maintain sharp, fine clarity even at smaller aperture settings and area-specific noise reduction to reduce noise adaptively according to image area characteristics thereby producing greater detail. BIONZ X image processing engine finely tunes the new image sensor's 42.4-megapixel data, for truer, clearer, more natural depiction.
No optical low-pass filter
Since the camera has no optical low-pass filter that can compromise high resolution, every shot you take benefits from the fine edge-to-edge clarity and detail that the higher-performance image sensor and lenses deliver.
All FE lenses maximize resolution
Broaden your photographic horizons with Sony's expanding line of 35mm full-frame compatible E-mount lenses. All of the current FE lenses are designed to realize the full potential of the 42.4 megapixels of the a7R II and more.
Compatibility with wide-ranging mountable lenses
5-axis image stabilization lets you enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favorite mountable lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount a7R II extends compatibility with a range of lenses. Note: When using a third-party mount adaptor, performance, functionality and operation are not guaranteed and Sony will take no responsibility if a malfunction occurs.
Silent Shooting features an electronic shutter that is noiseless and causes no vibration, so you can shoot high-resolution images without camera shake and in situations that require complete silence.
Enhanced AF features
With Expand Flexible Spot, the a7R II automatically uses AF points surrounding the selected point to support precise focus if the selected AF point is not positioned on your subject directly. While Eye AF automatically detects and tracks an eye of even a moving subject (in AF-C mode), for more focusing accuracy.
Make it your own with easy button customization
You can assign any of 64 functions to any of 10 customizable buttons as you like. This makes operation more intuitive, quick and easy, and is extra-convenient for accessing such functions as starting and stopping of movie recording and switching between viewfinder and monitor.
Power supply via USB
Operation of the a7R II can be powered via USB connection to AC adaptor, a PC or mobile battery. This conserves the camera's battery, allowing you extended use of the camera without worrying that the battery will run out. When the camera is turned off, the battery can be charged via the same connection.
Dust and moisture resistance
Enjoy carefree shooting in tough environments, thanks to comprehensive dust and moisture resistance measures that help prevent water and dust from entering the body. These measures include sealing around the buttons and dials, as well as a protective double-layered structure that tightly interlocks panels and components. Note: This camera is designed for optimal dust and moisture resistance, but is not waterproof or splashproof.
Anti-dust system and coating
To keep your photos blemish-free, a special anti-static coating on the surface of the optical filter suppresses the attachment of both dry and moist dust particles when changing lenses. An anti-dust mechanism also vibrates at high speed when you select Cleaning Mode, to remove any particles adhering to the filter.
Meticulously crafted controls
Controls are refined for intuitive operation and immediate adjustment even while looking through the viewfinder. The front and rear dials have been particularly refined and positioned for easier, more efficient handling and turning. Also, a new mode dial locking mechanism prevents inadvertent changes of shooting mode at all times.
Enhanced grip and shutter button
The grip is refined in shape and height to support a more secure grasp of the camera even when a large lens is mounted. This also contributes to more confident operation of the shutter button and dials. Moreover, the shutter button has been reshaped and shifted forward to enable more natural shooting with less camera shake.
More precise white balance adjustment Bright Monitoring
The a7R II offers more white balance adjustment steps (twice as many on the amber-blue axis; four times as many on the green-magenta axis) than before, so you can finely tune white balance with more subtle precision for more natural colors.
Multi Frame NR (Noise Reduction)
Multi Frame NR composites four shots to significantly suppress noise and raise sensitivity, letting you clearly capture dark scenes without a tripod or flash. Camera shake blur is also lowered while contrast and detail are raised.
ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed
Prevent blur in a shot of a moving subject by setting a shutter speed at which ISO sensitivity starts changing when ISO AUTO (while in P or A mode, or in Multi Frame NR) is selected.
1200-zone Evaluative Metering
Ample data from 1200-zone metering and focal plane phase-detection AF points allows for more precise control of light volume from an external flash that complements ambient light. Choose Multi-segment, Center-weighted or Spot metering mode.
D-range Optimizer (DRO) Creative Style
In difficult lighting, DRO corrects your images to achieve smoother, more natural gradations with more detail in the highlights and shadows. You can use it during continuous shooting and when photographing moving subjects.
Focus Magnifier & Peaking function
You can clearly magnify the image to simplify manual fine-tuning of the focus whether shooting still images or movies. The Peaking function can also be activated to colorize the most sharply focused areas of your image for quick confirmation.
This function that boosts image brightness by changing shutter speed, for example, can be assigned to a customizable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
Creative Style settings bring out the character of your scene. Simply select any of 13 settings (Vivid, Portrait, etc.) and the camera will adjust image parameters. You can also fine-tune contrast, saturation* and sharpness to suit your preference. *Not available when B/W or Sepia mode is selected.
Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range)
Auto HDR composites the best details from three exposures to expand the dynamic range of your images from darkest shadows to brightest highlights and capture all the tonal gradations seen by your naked eye.
Clear Image Zoom
Whether shooting still images or movies, this feature digitally zooms the center of your image up to 2x with nearly imperceptible degradation, thanks to proprietary By Pixel Super Resolution Technology.
Tether your camera to a PC for Remote Camera Control.
Remote Camera Control allows you to control your a7II from your PC and transfer files using a USB cable. Feature control has also been updated to include video capture control.
Image Data Converter
Advanced features enable manipulation, conversion and management of full-resolution RAW images. You can expertly adjust exposure, white balance, tonal curves, saturation, contrast, hue and sharpness - as well as apply DRO and vignetting compensation.
Easy-to-use image management software installs onto Windows and Mac computers. Use it for easy viewing, editing and printing. You can also upload and share content via network services. Note: Features are different on Mac and Windows versions.
- Camera Type: Interchangeable-Lens Digital Camera
- Lens Compatibility: E-Mount
- Type: 35 mm full frame (35.9 x 24.0 mm), Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Number of Pixels (Effective): Approx. 42.4 megapixels
- Number of Pixels (Total): Approx. 43.6 megapixels
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Anti-Dust System: Charge protection coating on optical filter and image sensor shift mechanism
Recording System (Still Images)
- Recording Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.3, MPF baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (Pixels) 3:2 Aspect Ratio: 35 mm full frame L: 7,952 x 5304 (42M), M: 5168 x 3448 (18M), S: 3984 x 2656 (11M), APS-C L: 5168 x 3448 (18M), M: 3984 x 2656 (11M), S: 2592 x 1728 (4.5M)
- Image Size (Pixels) 16:9 Aspect Ratio: 35 mm full frame L: 7,952 x 4,472 (36M), M: 5,168 x 2,912 (15M), S: 3,984 x 2,240 (8.9M), APS-C L: 5168 x 2912 (15M), M: 3984 x 2240 (8.9M), S: 2592 x 1456 (3.8M)
- Image Size (Pixels) Sweep Panorama: Wide: Horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M), Standard: Horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Image Quality Modes: RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- RAW Output: 14 bit
- Picture Effect: 13 modes: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps) (Style Box 1-6 also provided)
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1?5)), Auto High Dynamic Range: Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0-6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Color Space: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
Recording System (Movies)
- Recording Format: XAVC S / AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant / MP4
- Video Compression XAVC S / AVCHD / MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format: XAVC S: LPCM, 2ch; AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3), 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator; MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch
- Image Size (Pixels) NTSC: XAVC S 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 (30p/100 Mbps, 30p/60 Mbps, 24p/100 Mbps, 24p/60 Mbps); XAVC S HD: 1,920 x 1,080 (60p/50 Mbps, 30p/50 Mbps, 24p/50 Mbps), 1,280 x 720 (120p/50 Mbps); AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28Mbps/PS, 60i/24Mbps/FX, 60i/17Mbps/FH, 24p/24Mbps/FX, 24p/17Mbps/FH); MP4: 1,920 x 1,080 (60p/28 Mbps, 30p/16 Mbps), 1,280 x 720 (30p/6 Mbps)
- Image Size (Pixels) PAL: XAVC S 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 (25p/100 Mbps, 25p/60 Mbps); XAVC S HD: 1,920 x 1,080 (50p/50 Mbps, 25p/50 Mbps), 1,280 x 720 (100p/50 Mbps); AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28Mbps/PS, 50i/24Mbps/FX, 50i/17Mbps/FH, 25p/24Mbps/FX, 25p/17Mbps/FH); MP4: 1,920 x 1,080 (50p/28 Mbps, 25p/16 Mbps), 1,280 x 720 (25p/6 Mbps)
- Picture Profile: Yes (Off/PP1-PP7) Parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset
- Movie Functions: Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, AF Tracking Sensitivity, AF Drive Speed, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info. Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Picture Profile, Creative Style, Picture Effect, Rec Control, Dual Video Rec, Marker Setting, PAL/NTSC Selector
- Color Space: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
Clean HDMI Output
- NTSC: 3,840 x 2,160 (30p/24p) / 1,920 x 1,080 (60p/24p) / 1,920 x 1,080 (60i), YCbCr 4:2:2 8 bit / RGB 8 bit
- PAL: 3,840 x 2,160 (25p) / 1,920 x 1,080 (50p) / 1,920 x 1,080 (50i), YCbCr 4:2:2 8 bit/ RGB 8 bit
- Media: Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro (M2), SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card
- Slot: Multi slot for Memory Stick Duo / SD memory card
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec.; High ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR: Auto/ISO 100 to 102400
- Modes: Auto WB / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Color Temperature (2,500 to 9,900K) & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 57steps, A7 to B7: 29steps) / Custom / Underwater
- AWB Micro Adjustment: G7 to M7 (57 steps), A7 to B7 (29 steps)
- Braketing: 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Type: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Point: 35 mm full frame: 399 points (phase-detection AF); APS-C: 357 points (phase-detection AF) / 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Sensitivity Range: EV -2 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- AF Modes: Automatic AF (AF-A), Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide (399 points for phase-detection AF / 25 points for contrast-detection AF) / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Zone / Expand Flexible Spot / Lock-on AF (Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expand Flexible Spot)
- Other Features: Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock; Eye-start AF and AF micro adjustment (both only available with optional LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached), AF illuminator (built-in, LED type, range: Approx. 0.30?3 m), AF ON
- Metering Type: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor: Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity: EV -3 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes: AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Exposure Compensation: +/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps), with exposure compensation dial: +/-3.0 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- AE Bracketing: Bracket: Single/Bracket: Cont., 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1.0 EV increments.
- AE Lock: Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu.
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index): Still images: ISO 100-25600 (expandable to ISO 50-102400 for shooting still images), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit); Movies: ISO 100-25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Type: XGA OLED, 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color)
- Total Number of Dots: 2,359,296 dots
- Brightness Control: Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Color Temperature Control: Manual (5 steps)
- Field Coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.78x (with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1 m -1)
- Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0 m -1
- Eye Point: Approx. 23 mm from the eyepiece lens, 18.5 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1 m -1 (CIPA standard)
- Display: Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge
- Real-Time Image-Adjustment Display: On/Off
- Type: 7.5 cm (3.0 type) TFT drive
- Total Number of Dots: 1,228,800 dots
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle: Up approx. 107 degrees, down approx. 41 degrees
- Display Selector (Finder/LCD): Auto/Manual
- Display: Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge / Shooting information for viewfinder mode
- Real-Time Image-Adjustment Display: On/Off
- Zebra: Yes
- Peaking MF: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Face Detection: On / On (Regist. Faces) / Off, Face registration, Face selection (Max. number of detectable faces: 8)
- Auto Object Framing: Yes
- Clear Image Zoom: Still/Movie: Approx. 2x
- Digital Zoom: Smart zoom (still images) M: Approx. 1.5x, S: Approx. 2.0x; Digital zoom (still images) Approx. 4x; Digital zoom (movies) Approx. 4x
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Lens Compensation: Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Type: Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed Still Images: 1/8000 to 30 sec., Bulb
- Shutter Speed Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step)
- Shutter Speed NTSC: Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Shutter Speed PAL: Up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Flash Syn. Speed: 1/250 sec.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: Yes, On/Off
- Silent Shooting: Yes, On/Off
SteadyShot INSIDE (Image Stabilization)
- Type: Image Sensor-Shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation (Compensation depends on lens specifications)
- Compensation Effect: 4.5 steps (Based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only. With Sonnar T FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off)
Flash Control (With Optional External Flash)
- Control: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation: +/-3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Bracketing: 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0 EV increments.
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off selectable), Hi-speed sync, Wireless
- External Flash: Sony a System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe. Attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock Accessory Shoe.
- FE Level Lock: Yes
- Drive Modes: Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- Self-Timer: 10 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/2 sec. delay/Continuous self-timer (3 frames after 10 sec. delay/5 frames after 10 sec. delay/3 frames after 5 sec. delay/5 frames after 5 sec. delay/3 frames after 2 sec. delay/5 frames after 2 sec. delay)/Bracketing self-timer (Off/2 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/10 sec. delay)
- Speed (Approx., Max.): Continuous shooting Hi: Max. 5fps, Continuous shooting Lo: Max. 2.5fps
- No. of Recordable Frames (Approx.): Continuous shooting Hi: 24 frames (JPEG Extra Fine L), 30 frames (JPEG Fine L), 37 frames (JPEG Standard L), 23 frames (RAW), 22 frames (RAW & JPEG)
- Modes: Single (with or without shooting information, Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 9/25-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (Maximum magnification L: 24.9x, M: 16.2x, S: 9.4x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, off), Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Still / Date / MP4 / AVCHD / XAVC S HD / XAVC S 4K), Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect
- PC Interface: Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal: Yes
- Wireless LAN (Built-In): Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band); Playback of still images and movies on smartphones, PCs and TVs
- NFC: Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- HD Output: HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA Sync (link menu), PhotoTV HD, 4K still image playback
- Multi Interface Shoe: Yes
- Others: Auto-lock Accessory Shoe compatible with supplied shoe adaptor, Microphone terminal (3.5 mm Stereo minijack), Headphone terminal (3.5 mm Stereo minijack), Vertical Grip Connector
- Microphone: Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K2M (sold separately)
- Speaker: Built-in, monaural
- Compatible Standards: Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Type: Custom key settings, Programmable setting
- Memory Function: Yes (2 sets)
- Battery: Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Still Images: Approx. 290 shots (viewfinder) / approx. 340 shots (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- Movies: Actual: Approx. 50 min. with viewfinder, approx. 55 min. with LCD screen (CIPA standard); Continuous: Approx. 95 min. with viewfinder, approx. 95 min. with LCD screen (CIPA standard)
- External Power: AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (optional)
- Range: 32-104 Degrees F / 0-40 Degrees C
Size and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 126.9 x 95.7 x 60.3 mm (approx. 5 x 3 7/8 x 2 3/8 inches)
- Weight: Approx. 625 g (approx. 1 lb 6.0 oz) (with battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo); Approx. 582 g (approx. 1 lb 4.5 oz) (body only)