YOUR WORLD. NOTHING ELSE.
The WH-1000XM5 headphones rewrite the rules for distraction-free listening. Two processors control 8 microphones for unprecedented noise cancellation and exceptional call quality. With a newly developed driver, DSEE – Extreme and Hires audio support the WH-1000XM5 headphones provide awe-inspiring audio quality.
- Industry-leading noise cancellation optimized to you
- Magnificent Sound, engineered to perfection
- Crystal clear hands-free calling
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (3 min charge for 3 hours of playback)
- Ultra-comfortable, lightweight design with soft fit leather
- Multipoint connection allows you to quickly switch between devices
- Redesigned collapsible case made for easy storage in a bag
- WH-1000XM5 headphones feature intuitive touch control settings
- For everyday convenience, just Speak-to-Chat and Quick Attention mode stop your music and let in ambient sound
- Instant pause. Instant play.
Industry-leading Noise Cancellation
From airplane noise to people’s voices, our WH-1000XM5 wireless headphones keep out more high and mid frequency sounds than ever. And with Auto NC Optimizer, noise canceling is automatically optimized based on your wearing conditions and environment.
Multi Noise Sensor technology
With 8 total microphones, these headphone are our biggest step forward in noise canceling technology. Ambient sound is captured even more accurately for a dramatic reduction in high frequency noise. Thanks to Auto NC Optimizer, noise canceling performance is always and automatically optimized based on wearing conditions and external environmental factors such as atmospheric pressure.
Incomparable noise processing
Specially developed by Sony, the Integrated Processor V1 unlocks the full potential of our HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1. This unique combination of technology controls eight microphones to deliver unprecedented noise canceling quality.
Newly designed driver
A new 30mm precision-engineered driver unit featuring a soft TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) edge enhances noise canceling, especially in low frequency ranges, helping you enjoy your music precisely without ambient noise. The light and rigid driver improves sound clarity and bass reproduction.
Magnificent sound, engineered to perfection
The light and rigid precision-engineered driver unit improves high frequency sensitivity for more natural sound quality. Sony unique technologies include a premium lead-free solder containing gold for excellent conductivity, Fine Sound Resistor for even power distribution, and optimized circuitry for an improved signal-to-noise ratio to ensure clear, consistent sound.
Crystal clear hands-free calling
With Precise Voice Pickup Technology and advanced audio signal processing, the person on the other end of the call will hear your voice clearly, even when you are in noisy situations. Our noise reduction algorithm was developed with AI machine learning using more than 500 million voice samples to suppress ambient noise and extract your voice clearly in a wide range of environments.
4 microphones, focused on your voice
Equipped with 4 beamforming microphones, the WH-1000XM5 headphones are calibrated to only pick up your voice. An improved signal-to-noise ratio enables them to catch every single word, even when there’s a lot of noise around.
All day comfort with an elegant design
These lightweight headphones are beautifully finished in newly developed soft fit leather. This material fits snugly around the head with less pressure on the ears while keeping out external sounds. Our elegant design with stepless slider, seamless swivel and hanger, and silent joints, makes WH-1000XM5 a pleasure to wear.
Adaptive Sound Control automatically adjusts to whatever you do
Adaptative Volume control automatically optimizes volume based on your environment. When activated, it learns your behavior and recognizes locations that you frequently visit, such as your workplace or a favorite café, and tailors sound to suit the situation.
Speak to Chat
As soon as you start a conversation, Speak-to-Chat automatically stops your music and lets in ambient sound – handy if you want to keep your headphones on or talk hands-free. This smart feature uses microphones built into your headphones and advanced audio signal processing to recognize and react to your voice. Once your chat is over, your music starts playing again automatically.
High-Resolution Audio with and without wires
The WH-1000XM5 supports High-Resolution Audio and High-Resolution Audio Wireless, thanks to LDAC, our industry-adopted audio coding technology. LDAC transmits approximately three times more data4 than conventional Bluetooth® audio for exceptional High-Resolution Audio quality.
Real-time restoration of all your compressed files
Using Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence), DSEE Extreme™ upscales compressed digital music files in real time. Dynamically recognizing instrumentation, musical genres and individual elements of each song, it restores high range sound lost in compression.
Instant pause. Instant play.
Just take the headphones off and the music stops – a capacitive sensor knows when you are wearing them. It also helps improve detection accuracy and design. Put the headphones back on and the music starts again.
Control with your voice
Just say “OK Google” or “Alexa” to activate your preferred voice assistant. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders, and more. You can even control your headphones’ features like noise cancellation with your voice listen to and interact with emails in Microsoft Outlook and join Microsoft Teams meetings using Google Assistant or Siri.
For total convenience, these Bluetooth® headphones can be paired with two Bluetooth devices at the same time.9 So when a call comes in, your headphones know which device is ringing and connects to the right one automatically. You’ll also be able to quickly switch your headphones to either of the two devices at the touch of a button.
All day power and quick charging
With up to 30 hours of battery life, you’ll have enough power even for long trips. If you need to charge in a hurry, you can get 3 hours' worth of charge after just 3 minutes with an optional USB-PD compatible AC adapter.
Collapsible case saves space
Carry your headphones effortlessly in the redesigned case.
Better for the environment
There’s no plastic in the WH-1000XM5 packaging, which is designed based on low toxicity design principles and a ‘Made to be Remade’ philosophy that’s more socially responsible. 99% of paper packaging, other than labels, is produced using recycled and sustainable materials developed specially for Sony. WH-1000XM5 also uses recycled plastic materials from automobile parts.
The WH-1000XM5 supports Google’s helpful new Fast Pair feature. It lets you easily locate where you left your headphones by tone sound or checking their last known location in Google’s Find My Device app on your smartphone.
Easy pairing with your computer
Swift Pair makes it quick and easy to pair your headphones with your Windows 11 or Windows 10 laptop, desktop PC or tablet. Pop-up pairing guidance appears on nearby Windows 11 or Windows 10 devices when pairing mode is selected.
So immersive. So real.
Immerse yourself in sound all around you. As real as if you are there at a live concert or with the artist recording in a studio. With 360 Reality Audio, music has never been so immersive and so real. These headphones let you enjoy 360 Reality Audio.
360 Spatial Sound Personalizer
With the Sony | 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer app, you’ll enjoy a sound experience that’s optimized for you. The app captures and analyses your ear shape, allowing these headphones to create your own personal spatial sound field when using WLA-NS7 to connect to BRAVIA XR TVs (sold sep.).
Dolby Atmos Experience
With a Sony WLA-NS7 wireless transmitter connected to a BRAVIA XR TV (sold sep.), your headphones create the ideal arrangement of phantom speakers all around you so you can enjoy a Dolby Atmos experience. Be immersed in the scene and feel right at the heart of the action.
- BATTERY LIFE (CONTINUOUS COMMUNICATION TIME): Max. 24 hrs (NC ON) , Max. 32 hrs (NC OFF)
- Battery Charge Method: USB
- Battery Charge Time: Approx. 3.5 hrs
- Battery Life (continuous music playback time): Max. 30 hrs (NC ON), Max. 40 hrs (NC OFF)
- Bluetooth® version: Bluetooth Specification Version 5.2
- Effective Range: 32.81 ft
- Frequency Range: 2.4 GHz band (2.4000–2.4835 GHz)
- Profile: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Supported Audio Format(s): SBC, AAC, LDAC
- Supported Content Protection: SCMS-T
- AMBIENT SOUND MODE: Yes
- Cord Length: approx. 3.94 ft
- Cord Type: Single-sided (detachable)
- DSEE Extreme: Yes
- Driver Unit: 11.82 in
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz–40,000 Hz (JEITA)
- Frequency Response (Active Operation): 4 Hz–40,000 Hz
- Frequency Response (Bluetooth® Communication): 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling) 20 Hz–40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz Sampling 990 kbps)
- Headphone Type: Closed, dynamic
- Impedance (Ohm): 48 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 16 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Input(s): Stereo Mini Jack
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Passive Operation: Yes
- Plug: Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
- Sensitivities (dB/mW): 102 dB (1 kHz) / mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 100 dB (1 kHz) / mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Volume Control: Touch Sensor
- Wearing Style: Over Ear
- Ambient Sound Mode: Yes
- Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing: Yes
- Personal NC Optimizer: Auto NC Optimizer
- Quick Attention: Yes
Size & Weight