You're Never Too Far From a Great Close-Up.
Discover the next generation ultra-telephoto zoom lens from Tamron.
World acclaimed ultra-telephoto zoom reborn; meet the all-new next generation
The SP 150-600mm G2 (Generation 2) ultra-telephoto lens with upgraded optical performance enables handheld shooting with remarkable definition. This new lens builds upon the success of the current SP 150-600mm (Model A011) which Tamron first introduced in December, 2013, including better overall optical performance and faster AF speed, VC enhancements, plus Fluorine Coating, FLEX ZOOM LOCK and tele converter.
Rebuilt from the ground up to meet Tamron's strict quality standards and design specifications, this new zoom combines smart engineering and high performance with quality craftsmanship, durability and user friendliness.
Enhance optics meet greater versatility
The SP 150-600mm G2 includes three LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements which completely eliminate axial and transverse chromatic aberrations. It also features upgraded optical construction (21 elements in 13 groups).
Anti-reflection technologies, eBAND (Extended Bandwidth and Angular-Dependency) Coating and BBAR (Borad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating improve light transmission and suppress internal reflections, including light reflected off the camera's image sensors. So even when taking a backlist or semi-backlit photograph, ghosting and flare caused by reflected light are full eliminated.
Additional enhancements expand the len's versatility. For example, MOD (Minimum Object Distance) has been reduced to 2.2m (86.6 in) so you can enjoy tele-macro photography and dramatic bokeh.
Capture the moment with sharpness and accuracy
The Model A022 is equipped with a USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) ring-type motor that delivers excellent responsiveness and control. AF speed is significantly improved from current model, and it enables accurate high-speed focus even when capturing moving subjects.
Keep it steady with improved VC
The VC (Vibration Compensation) effectiveness is equivalent to 4.5 stops, based on image stabilization performance levels established by CIPA (Camera and Imaging Products Association) when using in VC MODE 3. SP 150-600mm G2 has three types of VC modes.
- VC-Mode 1 is the standard mode that strikes a great balance between the stability of the viewfinder image and the stabilization effects
- VC-Mode 2 is exclusively used for panning
- VC-Mode 3 prioritizes the stabilization of the captured images and forgoes the stabilization of the viewfinder image
FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism enables zoom lock at any position
FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism quickly locks or unlocks the zoom at any position simply by sliding the zoom ring. Photographers can shoot from any angle without the zoom extending unintentionally. Additionally, the conventional Zoom Lock switch prevents unwanted barrel extension during transportation.
Protect your lens with Fluorine Coating and Moisture-Resistant Construction
The front surface of the lens element is coated with a protective fluorine compound that is water- and oil-repellant. The lens surface is easier to wipe clean and is less vulnerable to the damaging effects of dirt, dust, moisture and fingerprints.
For greater protection when shooting outdoors, leak-proof seals throughout the lens barrel help protect your equipment.
Compatible with the Tamron TAP-in Console and two exclusive tele converters
The optional TAP-in Console provides a USB connection to your personal computer, enabling you to easily update your lens's firmware as well as customize features including fine adjustments to the autofocus and VC. Two exclusive tele converters offering 1.4x and 2.0x magnification have been designed to match the optics of the SP 150-600mm G2, providing a maximum zoom range up to 1200mm.
Intuitive design plus cutting-edge performance
In keeping with the SP series' "Human Touch" design, Tamron has focused on durable construction and user friendliness.
The metal exterior of the SP 150-600mm G2 is a comfortable size and weight for handheld shooting. The focus and zoom rings, textured grip and Arca-Swiss style tripod interface enhance speed and utility. And like all SP models, this new lens has an ergonomic shape for east gripping and a lens hood with smooth curves that match the barrel.
The SP lens lineup
Tamron SP series lenses have been technologically redefined from the inside out to maximize the potential of high-resolution cameras. The SP 150-600mm G2 is the fifth in a series of new lenses recently added to Tamron's SP series lineup.
New generation "G2" lens boasts faster AF speed and enhanced VC
Introducing the pinnacle of ultra-telephoto zoom with advanced features for improved optical performance, functionality and usability
- Optical design enhanced to achieve even higher performance
- Tamron's sophisticated eBAND Coating eliminates ghosting and flare
- MOD reduced to 7' (1:3.9 max. mag. Ratio) to provide optimum tele-macro photography
- AF speed is faster and much more responsive with moving subjects
- VC performance is 4.5 stops (VC mode 3) and offers three modes optimized for different shooting situations
- New FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism enables the locking of the zoom ring at any position
- Fluorine Coating and improved Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Lightweight and easy-to-hold tripod mount is compatible with an Arca-Swiss style quick release plate
- Compatible with TAMRON TAP-in Console, an optional accessory product
- Teleconverters (optional) designed exclusively for the new Tamron lens
- 20% off on Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan with purchase
Angle of View (diagonal)
- 16 deg. 25' - 4 deg. 8' for full-frame format
- 10 deg. 38' - 2 deg. 40' for APS-C format
- 21 elements in 13 groups
- 2.2m (86.6")
Max. Mag. Ratio
Length (front tip of lens to lens mount face)
- 260.2mm (10.2")
Weight (includes detachable tripod mount)
- 2,010g (70.9oz)
- 9 (circular diaphragm)
- Stays almost perfectly circular up to two stops down from maximum aperture
Image Stabilization Performance
- 4.5 Stops (CIPA Standards Compliant)
- When using in VC MODE3
- 5D-MKIII is used
- Six Year Warranty
This Kit Includes:
SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Zoom Lens for Canon Mounts
Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Zoom Lens for Canon Mounts
Our Price: $1,199.00