DR-680MKII Portable Digital Multitrack Recorder + 64GB Memory + XLR Cable Bundle
6 mic/line inputs and digital input channels allow simultaneous recording of up to 8 tracks at 96kHz/24-bit
Featuring 6 XLR/TRS inputs with phantom power, and a digital input for versatility. Record live music with multiple mics, capture sound effects in surround, or document film shoots or events with multiple microphones.
When you don't need the digital input, a two-channel mix can be recorded to tracks 7 and 8.
The internal monitoring mix can be recorded as a stereo track, with completely separate level and pan settings from the 6 independent tracks. Share a stereo mix immediately, while retainig the multitrack version for mixdown
TASCAM premium HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps
Microphone preamps have a significant impact on the quality of the recorded audio. The DR-680MKII has HDDA mic preamps - designed by TASCAM with carefully selected components. Each HDDA mic preamp is built with a differential amplification circuit that employs discrete architecture, and made with parts selected for their audio quality. These preamps also provide +48V phantom power.
8-channels recording at 96kHz/24-bit (6 tracks + stereo mix track) or 2 tracks at 192kHz/24-bit
In addition to WAV format, this unit also records in BWF format - which stores the recording start times in the metadata. Using the WAV/BWF format, the DR-680KII can record 8 channels at 96kHz/24-bit (6 tracks + stereo track) or 2 tracks at 192kHz/24-bit.
Simultaneous recording of 4 channels in MP3 format possible
Recording of MP3 files with up to 4 channels is also possible at 96, 128, 192 and 320 kbps. This allows efficient control of files sizes when in situations requiring long recording times. Stereo or mono file can be selected for file type.
Digital output and 6 unbalanced line outputs
The unit has a built-in coaxial digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) and 6 unbalanced line outputs. By connecting a mixer to the outputs, this unit can be used as a 6-track playback device.
Mid-side mic decoding mode
The built-in mid-side decoder enables use with mid-side stereo mics. The 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 channel pairs can each be set separately. Decoding is possible during recording or when monitoring.
The Cascade function allows transport control of multiple units using a master unit.
When using the cascade function, the master unit controls the REC/PAUSE start (front of unit) and the STOP and PLAY/PAUSE keys (on the top) from multiple DR-680mkII units at the same time.
GANG function allows the input gain of multiple channels to be operated simultaneously
The GANG function allows multiple linked channels to be controlled at the same time on the TRIM, PAN and LEVEL screens.
Rugged, compact construction provides excellent resistance to vibration and environmental conditions
SD, SDHC and SDXC cards are used as recording and playback media, and the compact form offers excellent vibration resistance. Along with the included shoulder strap, this unit has a built-in folding stand for tabletop use, making operation easy in a variety of situations.
Improvements from the original DR-680
- Improved audio quality
Through extended listening tests, a new op-amp and capacitor were selected for the mic preamps to deliver improved audio quality.
- Support for SDXC cards
Readily available SD/SDHC cards are used for recording media. The DR-680MKII also supports SDXC cards, which have higher capacities - enabling recording for long periods of time.
- Take (file) numbers can be reset using the "Take No. Init" function
The numbers added to recorded file names can be reset. Resetting the take numbers used for each recorded scene is now possible, making file management even easier.
- Improved battery life
The newly improved battery life of the DR-680mkII means that the battery now lasts 150% longer than previous DR-680.
- Improved clock precision
The precision of the built-in clock oscillator has been improved - making synchronization more accurate when used with video devices.
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels.
A second file can be recorded simultaneously at a lower level for a distortion-free safety track. This allows you to set the recording level high and make a backup recording at a lower level in case of an unexpected sudden increase in sound level, which may create distortion in the primary file. The DR-680MKII can make -12dB backup recordings of audio input through inputs 1, 3 and 5.
- Playback of multitrack recordings
The DR-680MKII can load multitrack audio files. Multitrack materials (multiple mono files) prepared with a DAW, for example, can be played back.
- Support for lithium batteries
In addition to alkaline and NiMH batteries, lithium batteries - which can provide extended power - are supported.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used as recording/playback media
- 6 balanced mic/line inputs (1-4: XLR/TRS combo jacks, 5-6: TRS jacks)
- 6 unbalanced outputs (RCA pin jacks)
- COAXIAL digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU)
- Recording/playback formats: BWF, WAV, MP3
- With BWF format, recording starting times can be stored in files
- 8-track recording at 96kHz/24-bit (BWF, WAV)
- 6 mic/line inputs and stereo mix recording or 6 mic/line input and digital stereo recording
- Record MP3 files at 96, 128, 192 and 320 kbps
- Record 4-channel MP3 files
- From 4 mic/line inputs (XLR/TRS combo jacks) or 2 mic/line inputs and digital stereo inputs
- 2-track recording at 24-bit/192kHz (BWF, WAV)
- From 2 mic/line inputs or digital stereo inputs
- Digital inputs and outputs support double speed 96 kHz and quad speed 192 kHz
- Sampling frequencies
- 44.1, 48, 96, 192 kHz (BWF, WAV) 44.1, 48 kHz (MP3)
- Quantization bit depth: 16/24-bit (BWF, WAV)
- 6 channels of TASCAM HDDA mic preamps for high audio quality with 48V phantom power
- Limiter and low-cut filter available on each mic/line input
- Built-in stereo monitoring mixer for headphone mix and/or recording
- Dual-recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- GANG function allows the input gain of multiple channels to be operated simultaneously
- Pre-recording function allows the capture of audio two seconds before recording is started
- Automatic-recording function can start and stop recording automatically in response to the input signal level (-48, -24, -12 or -6 dB)
- Even when multiple tracks are used, all recordings made at the same time can be managed as a single take/file
- Track incrementation allows a recording to be split by creating a new file at the desired point without interrupting recording
- Up to 1000 takes and 5000 files can be recorded on a single card
- Mark function can be used to move to specific points (up to 99 marks per take)
- Wheel can be used to change the playback position
- Repeat playback function
- Panel lock function to prevent misoperation
- Cascade function allows transport control of multiple DR-680MKII units using a master unit
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- High-speed transfer of files to a computer using USB 2.0
- 128x64-dot matrix display with backlight
- Built-in mono speaker with 500mW output
- Headphone output and level control (50mW+50mW/ 32ohm)
- Powered by 8 AA batteries or the included AC adapter
- Recording media - SD card(64MB to 2GB), SDHC card(4GB to 32GB), SDXC card(64GB to 128GB)
- File system - FAT16 / FAT32
- Recording format
- WAV - 44.1k/48k/96k/192k Hz, 16/24bit *192kHz : 2ch recording/playback
- BWF - 44.1k/48k/96k/192k Hz, 16/24bit *192kHz : 2ch recording/playback
- MP3 - 44.1kHz, 16bit, 96k to 320k bps
- Analog audio inputs
- Ch 1-4 - XLR-3-31 (1:GND, 2:HOT, 3:COLD); 6.3mm(1/4")TRS standard jack
- Ch 5-6 - 6.3mm(1/4")TRS standard jack
- Set to MIC
- Input impedance - 2.4kohm
- Phantom power - +48V (+5%,-10%), +10mA/Ch
- Standard input level
- LOW - -51.5dBu
- HIGH - -75.5dBu
- Maximum input level
- LOW - +3dBu
- HIGH - -21dBu
- MIC input gain - 63dB
- Set to LINE
- Input impedance - 10kohm
- Standard input level - +4dBu
- Maximum input level - +24dBu
- LINE input gain - 63dB
- Analog audio output
- LINE OUT(UNBALANCED)
- Connector - RCA pin jacks
- Output impedance - 200ohm
- Standard output level - -10dBV
- Maximum output level - +6dBV
- Connector - 6.3mm(1/4")stereo phone jack
- Maximum output level - 50mW + 50mW (32ohms loaded)
- Diameter - 35mm
- Impedance - 8ohm
- Maximum output level - 500mW
- Digital Input/Output
- Connector - RCA pin jack
- Format - IEC60958-3(S/PDIF), AES3-2003(AES/EBU)
- Single - 44.1k/48k Hz
- Double - 96kHz
- Quad - 192kHz
- Level - 0.5 Vp-p typical
- Output impedance - 75ohm +/-20% unbalance
- SYNC Input/Output Connector - RCA pin jack
- Connector - Mini-B type
- Format - USB2.0 HIGH SPEED(480Mbps)
- Power - 8 AA batteries(LR6); AC100 to 240V, 50-60Hz
- Power consumption - 8W (Phantom power on)
- Continuous operation time
- Alkaline batteries(EVOLTA)
- About 6:00 (Rec:2ch, Phantom power OFF)
- About 4:30 (Rec:2ch, Phantom power ON)
- About 3:30 (Rec:6ch, Phantom power ON)
- NI-MH batteries(eneloop)
- About 5:30 (Rec:2ch, Phantom power OFF)
- About 4:30 (Rec:2ch, Phantom power ON)
- About 4:00 (Rec:6ch, Phantom power ON)
- Lithium batteries(Energizer ULTIMATE LITHIUM)
- About 11:00 (Rec:2ch, Phantom power OFF)
- About 9:30 (Rec:2ch, Phantom power ON)
- About 7:30 (Rec:6ch, Phantom power ON)
- Dimensions - 216.4(W)x56(H)x188.4(D)mm/8.5(W)x2.2(H)x7.4(D)inch
- Weight - 1.4kg(with batteries), 1.2kg(without batteries)/3.1lbs(with batteries), 2.6lbs(without batteries)
- Operating temperature - 0 to 40 degrees C
- Audio performance
- Frequency response
- 20Hz to 20kHz +0.5/-1.5dB (Fs 44.1kHz, LINE IN to LINE OUT, Input Level=FS-1dB)
- 20Hz to 20kHz +0.5/-0.5dB (Fs 48kHz, LINE IN to LINE OUT, Input Level=FS-1dB)
- 20Hz to 40kHz +0.5/-1.0dB (Fs 96kHz, LINE IN to LINE OUT, Input Level=FS-1dB)
- 20Hz to 80kHz +0.5/-5.0dB (Fs 192kHz, LINE IN to LINE OUT, Input Level=FS-1dB)
- Distortion - 0.007% (1kHz, LINE IN to LINE OUT)
- S/N ratio - 100dB (A-Weight, MIC IN to DIGITAL OUT); 100dB (A-Weight, LINE IN to LINE OUT)
- EIN - -124dBu or less
- Computer compatibility
- OS - Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- OS - Mac OS X Jaguar (V10.2), Mac OS X Panther (V10.3), Mac OS X Tiger (V10.4), Mac OS X Leopard (V10.5), Mac OS X Snow Leopard(V10.6.8), OS X Lion(V10.7), OS X Mountain Lion(V10.8)
EXTREME SPEEDS FOR BURST SHOOTING, FAST TRANSFER, AND 4K UHD
Extreme speeds to catch your best shots. UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) and UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) allow you to record in 4K UHD, taking your videos to next-level resolution. Available in a storage capacities of 32GB-256GB and with read speeds of up to 90MB/s for fast transfer, these cards are compatible with SDHC and SDXC supporting devices and come with a lifetime limited warranty.
EXTREME WRITE SPEEDS OF UP TO 40MB/S
Capture shots quickly with write speeds of up to 40MB/s. SanDisk Extreme SDHC and SDXC UHS-I Cards let you shoot multiple frames per second, making it an ideal choice for fast-action or continuous burst mode photography.
MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY WITH UP TO 90MB/S READ SPEEDS
With extremely fast read speeds of up to 90MB/s, this memory card lets you transfer high-resolution images or 4K UHD videos from your DSLR or camcorder to your computer without a long wait.
4K UHD READY
With UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) for 32GB-256GB cards and UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) ratings, the SanDisk Extreme SDHC and SDXC UHS-I Cards let you capture uninterrupted 4K UHD and Full HD video. This makes it ideal for recording outdoor adventures, weekend trips, or sporting events without dropping frames.
EASY FILE RECOVERY WITH RESCUEPRO DELUXE SOFTWARE
The card comes with a RescuePRO Deluxe data recovery software download offer. This software makes it easy to recover files that have been accidentally deleted (download required).
DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND EXTREME ENVIRONMENTS
SanDisk Extreme SDHC and SDXC UHS-I Cards are shockproof, temperature-proof, waterproof, and X-ray-proof, so you can enjoy your adventures without worrying about the durability of your memory card.
CHOOSE THE AMOUNT OF STORAGE YOU NEED
The amount of capacity you need depends on the types of files you have, how big they are, and how many there are. Click here to view a chart that that gives you an idea of how many photos and hours of video you can store for each capacity.
Capacity - 64 GB
Read Speed - up to 90 MB/s
Write Speed - up to 40 MB/s
Video Speed - C10, U3, V30
Form Factor - SDXC
6ft Premier Series XLR Male to XLR Female 16AWG Cable (Gold Plated) [Microphone and Interconnect]
Monoprices line of Professional Audio cables brings you high performance cables at rock bottom prices. Whether you're connecting broadcast equipment, instruments for your band or your high end entertainment system, Monoprice has the interconnect cables for you.
Balanced audio cables utilize impedance balanced lines that reduce EM and RF noise and extend the effective range of the cable run. Additionally, unlike standard unbalanced RCA interconnects that utilizes their braid as a signal return, balanced cables have a separate braided shield to provide additional resistance to interference without modulating the interference into the signal. This prevents ground loop issues.
Our XLR male to female cables continue our tradition of bringing the highest quality cables at the best prices. These cables feature thick, heavy gauge wires, gold plated connectors and sturdy connector housings.
- 16AWG Stranded Copper Wire Conduits
- 97.5 percent Shielded Balanced Connections
- Gold Plated Connectors
- Metallic Graphite Colored Connector Housings
- Molded Strain Relief Boots
This Kit Includes:
XLR 10' Male to XLR Female 16AWG Gold Plated Cable
Deco Gear XLR 10' Male to XLR Female 16AWG Gold Plated Cable
Our Price: $19.99
64GB Extreme SDXC Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write - SDSDXVE-064G-ANCIN
Sandisk 64GB Extreme SDXC Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write - SDSDXVE-064G-ANCIN
Our Price: $29.99
DR-680MKII Portable Digital Multitrack Recorder
Tascam DR-680MKII Portable Digital Multitrack Recorder
Our Price: $349.00