- 70-300mm super-telephoto zoom power brings faraway subjects within reach
- Capture sports, wildlife, concerts, landmarks and more with phenomenal clarity and precision
- Superb optics and telephoto field of view are great for stills and HD video
- Ultra-fast, near silent autofocus powered by a new pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors)
- VR image stabilization ensures sharp photos, steady videos and enhances low-light capabilities
Bring your world within reach, blur-free.
Uncover exciting new photo and video opportunities with this exceptional super-telephoto zoom lens featuring Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization for blur-free results. Optimized for compact DX-format DSLRs, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR picks up where your 18-55mm lens leaves off to bring distant action within reach. Capture sports, wildlife, concerts, landmarks - any faraway subjects - with phenomenal clarity and precision. But this lens isn't just about getting closer. Its superb optics and telephoto field of view produce beautiful portraits with softly blurred backgrounds. Add VR image stabilization and quiet autofocus pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors), the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR is an ideal choice for video recording and stills even when handheld.
Portable super-telephoto power - Versatile 70-300mm focal length
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR is a phenomenal second lens and picks up where your 18-55mm lens leaves off. Compact and lightweight yet with a powerful zoom, it will help bring the most distant subjects into focus. Capture stunning close-ups of sports, wildlife, concerts, school events and so much more.
Outstanding Nikon image quality
Unleash the potential of your camera's high-resolution sensor. The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR features the superb optics and advanced technology used on Nikon's high-end lenses. Your photos and videos will have rich, vibrant colors, deep contrast, minimal distortion and beautiful soft backgrounds, even in less than ideal conditions.
Sharp photos, steady videos - VR image stabilization
Nikon's Vibration Reduction* (VR) image stabilization keeps photos sharp and videos steady when shooting handheld. It also enhances your camera's low-light capabilities, allowing you to shoot at slower shutter speeds in dim lighting. Switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus or turn VR on and off using the camera menu**. With no switches on the lens barrel, you have no chance of accidentally changing settings when you want to take the shot.
Smooth, fast autofocus
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR uses a pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) that focuses extremely fast and is nearly silent. Bring subjects into focus instantly with absolute precision. When recording video, smoothly shift focus from subject to subject with practically no drive noise.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Focal Length Range: 70 - 300 mm
- Zoom Ratio: 4.3 x
- Maximum Aperture: f/ 4.5-6.3
- Minimum Aperture: f/ 32
- Format: DX
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 22 degrees 50'
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format): 5 degrees 20'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.22 x
- Lens Elements: 14
- Lens Groups: 10
- Optical Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Compatible Format(s): DX, FX in DX Crop Mode
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization: Yes, Lens shift using voice coil motors (VCMs)
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Distance Information: Yes
- ED Glass Elements: 1
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes, Autofocus controlled by stepping motor; separate focus ring for manual focus
- AF-P (Pulse Motor): Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m), from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Focus Mode: Auto/Manual
- G-type: Yes
- Filter Size: 58 mm
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 2.8 in. (72 mm) x 4.9 in. (125 mm), distance from camera lens mount flange
- Approx. Weight: 14.7 oz. (415 g)
*Based on CIPA Standard. This value is achieved when DX-format compatible lenses are attached to a DX-format digital SLR camera and zoom lenses are set at the maximum telephoto position.
**The lens will default to VR on when attached to models released prior to the D3400: D3300, D3200, D3100, D5500, D5300, D5200, D7200, D7100, D7000. These cameras will also require a firmware upgrade to access the menu to turn off the VR.