More Than Mirrorless.
More light means more detail. More speed. More possibilities. The Z 7 brings that vision to life (and then some). Combining the advantages of a lightweight mirrorless design, a revolutionary new full-frame lens mount and matched lenses, a Nikon designed 45.7MP image sensor and seamless integration with Nikon’s DSLR system—including the NIKKOR lenses you love—the Z 7 is a camera unlike any before it. And yet, it’s unmistakably a Nikon. This is mirrorless reinvented.
4K UHD Video Recording and 8K Time-Lapse
Utilizing the sensor and processor attributes for more than just still imagery, the Z7 is also a more-than-capable multimedia camera. Video recording is possible at UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) using either the full-frame area or a DX crop area in 30p, 25p, or 24p frame rates. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to 120p for slow motion playback, and video files can be saved to the in-camera memory cards or as an uncompressed file to an optional external recorder via HDMI out.Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z7. This includes the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.The Z7 also blends both still and video capabilities with the ability to produce 8K time-lapses using the Interval Timer Mode or in-camera 4K time-lapse movies, with the ability to record up to 9999 exposures for either method. This system also makes use of a silent interval timer, which produces no shutter noise, does not contribute to wear on the shutter mechanism, and is energy efficient to maximize battery life.
- Built-in to the body is a 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction mechanism for up to 5 stops of stabilization regardless of the lens used. This system also works with adapted lenses when using the optional FTZ Adapter where 3-axis stabilization is used.
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a Fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z7 is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one XQD memory card slot, the camera will be able to quickly save images. The slot is compatible with CFexpress, enabling support for future media.
- A robust magnesium-alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL15b rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 330 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported. This camera is also compatible with EN-EL15 and EN-EL15a batteries, however do not support in-camera charging.
NEW ICON-DRIVEN INFO DISPLAY
All relevant info is displayed out of the way and is easy on the eyes. A new customizable menu appears right inside the viewfinder, so you can quickly adjust settings without ever taking your eye off the shot. Focus modes, white balance, exposure, VR settings, Picture Controls, and more—all within eye’s reach. Preview exposure and white balance changes, image stabilization and depth-of-field in real time. You can even review the photo or video you just shot.
NEW 3.6M-DOT QUAD VGA VIEWFINDER
Take an ultra-high resolution QUAD VGA display, add Nikon optics for magnification, including Aspherical lens elements and Fluorine coating, and you’ve got an EVF experience unlike any before it. Minimal lag and blackout, 100% frame coverage (approx.), corner-to-corner clarity and sharp magnification. It has the feel of an optical viewfinder, and you can use it for both stills and videos.
UP TO 5 STOPS OF VR IMAGE STABILIZATION
Powerful in-body 5-axis VR image stabilization is applied to whatever NIKKOR Z lens you’re using. Up to five stops of image stabilization in up to five directions—yaw, pitch, roll, X and Y. During video recording, optical VR is combined with electronic VR (e-VR) for even steadier shots. Normal VR mode for static subjects. Sports VR for moving subjects.
VR FOR F-MOUNT NIKKOR LENSES
For the first time, F-Mount NIKKOR lenses like the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED or AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED can benefit from in-body 3-axis VR. NIKKOR lenses that already have VR, like the AF-S NIKKOR70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR, get the added benefit of roll axis for a total of 3-axis VR. Just add the optional Mount Adapter FTZ and you’re good to go.
FULL FRAME 4K ULTRA HD
Capture cinematic 16:9 4K UHD/30p video in full-frame using the total width and resolution of the Z 7’s backside-illuminated sensor. Clean output at high ISO. Zero crop factor with full-frame NIKKOR Z and F-Mount NIKKOR lenses. Full-pixel readout in DX Mode for sharper 4K footage with rich information equivalent to 5K. Focus Peaking in both 4K and 1080p recording. Simultaneous 8MP stills. This is as it was meant to be.
NEW 45.7MP IMAGE SENSOR
One of the finest full-frame image sensors Nikon has ever designed. 45.7 million effective megapixels. Backside illuminated. Discreetly placed focal-plane phase-detectionAF pixels. Maximum dynamic range and low light performance. Minimal light falloff at the periphery of the frame. And without an optical low pass filter, it's able to capture the full resolving power of NIKKOR Z and F-Mount NIKKOR lenses.
NEW EXPEED 6 IMAGE PROCESSING
The fastest, most comprehensive EXPEEDsystem yet. Delicate tones with vivid colors. Suppressed noise without loss of detail. Greater processing speed. New mid-rangesharpening alongside conventional sharpening. Diffraction compensation for stopped down lenses. 4K capture with mid-range sharpening, vignette control, auto distortion control and lateral chromatic aberration correction. This is the brain and muscle of the Z 7.
NEW Z MOUNT
17% larger internal diameter than Nikon's acclaimed F-Mount. Wider than any full-framemount available. It totally changes what’s possible with lens design. Enhanced low-lightperformance. Even illumination from corner-to-corner. Maximum apertures as wide as f/0.95. Faster data transfer between camera and lens. This is the ideal balance between mount diameter, large image sensor and flange focal distance.
- 45.7MP BSI-CMOS sensor with on-sensor phase detection
- In-body 5-axis stabilization (rated to 5EV)
- 493 PDAF points with 90% horizontal and vertical coverage
- ISO 64-25,600 (expandable to 102,400)
- Up to 9 fps shooting (JPEG and 12-bit Raw)
- 3.69M-dot OLED viewfinder
- 2.1M-dot tilting touch LCD
- OLED top plate display
- Single XQD card slot
- UHD 4K capture up to 30p
- 10-bit 4:2:2 N-Log output over HDMI
- Up to 100Mbps H.264 8-bit internal video capture
- SnapBridge Wi-Fi system with Bluetooth, including to-PC transfer
||Actual: 46.89 Megapixel
Effective: 45.7 Megapixel
||45.7 MP: 8256 x 5504
||1:1, 3:2, 4:5, 16:9
|Sensor Type / Size
||CMOS, 35.9 x 23.9 mm
||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: MOV, MP4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Audio: AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Dust Reduction System
|Memory Card Type
||3840 x 2160p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (H.264)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94/100/120 fps (H.264)
|Video Clip Length
||Up to 29 Minutes 59 Seconds
||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)
Optional External Mic: With Video
||Auto & Manual Focus
||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Full-time Servo (F), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)
||Phase Detection: 493
|Viewfinder Pixel Count
|Viewfinder Eye Point
||-4 to +2 m
||3.2" Rear Touchscreen Tilting LCD (2,100,000)
||Auto, 64-25600 (Extended Mode: 32-102400)
||Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 30 - 1/8000 Second , Bulb Mode
||MC-DC2, WR-1, WR-T10 (Optional)
||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Matrix, Spot Metering, Highlight Weighted
||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
Metering Range: EV -3.0 - EV 17.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV Steps)
|White Balance Modes
||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade
||Up to 9 fps at 45.7 MP
Up to 5.5 fps at 45.7 MP
Rear Curtain/Slow Sync
Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
|Max Sync Speed
||1 / 200 Second
||-3 EV to +1 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)
|Dedicated Flash System
|External Flash Connection
||20 Seconds, 10 Seconds, 5 Seconds, 2 Seconds
HDMI C (Mini)
||1 x EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
|AC Power Adapter
||EH-5c/EH-5b with EP-5B (Optional)
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
||5.3 x 4.0 x 2.7" / 134.0 x 100.5 x 67.5 mm
||1.29 lb / 585 g camera body only
Nikon NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S Lens Specs
||11 elements in 9 groups (including 2 ED glass and 3 asphericasl lens elements, and elements with Nano Crystal Coat)
|Angle of view
||FX format: 63°
DX format: 44°
|Minimum focus distance
||0.25 m/0.82 ft
|Maximum reproduction ratio
||9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
||62 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
||Approximately 73.0 mm maximum diameter x 86.0 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
||Approximately 370 g/13.1 oz
||LC-62B 62 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap, HB-89 Bayonet Hood, CL-C1 Lens Case
This Kit Includes:
NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S Z Mount System Mirrorless Wide Angle Prime Lens 20081
Nikon NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S Z Mount System Mirrorless Wide Angle Prime Lens 20081
Our Price: $846.95
Z7 45.7MP FX-Format Full-Frame 4K Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Nikon Z7 45.7MP FX-Format Full-Frame 4K Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Our Price: $2,496.95