Dual DACs for a Silky Smooth Sound
The X5 3rd gen is equipped with two top-of-the-line AKM AK4490EN DACs, one for each channel. The AK4490EN is a part of a new generation of high-quality 32-bit DACs that supports all PCM and DSD formats. By using a dual-channel implementation of AKM's unique VELVET SOUND low-distortion architecture that includes digital filtering with 32-processing, the DAC chips in the X5 3rd gen have the ability to finely and exactly reproduce your music.
- -112dB Total Harmonic Distortion
- 120dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Supports decoding up to 32 bit/768 kHz
Dual Crystal Oscillators for Faithfully Reproduced Music
The X5 3rd gen utilizes two separate crystal oscillators - one for the DSD/44.1/88.2/176.4/352.8 kHz sampling rates and the other for 48/96/192/384 kHz. This ensures that under all sampling rates, there is significantly reduced jitter, improved clock accuracy, more stable operation, and virtually no sampling rate conversion artifacts.
Four-Way LPF for First-Rate Amplification
The X5 3rd gen utilizes two dual-channel OPA1642 chips for its low-pass filtering stage and a custom-made audiophile-grade OPA426 chip for amplification, providing greater power output (up to 300mW under a 32 ohm load) and greater ability to deal with capacitive loads. The outstanding sound quality of the final audio architecture employed in the X5 3rd gen is the result of closed beta users working tirelessly together with the team at FiiO in a quest to make this new X5 sound the best that it can.
Dual Headphone Outputs for Double Fun
The X5 3rd gen has two headphone outputs - one single-ended, and the other balanced. This allows the new X5 to cater to fans of either headphone output type.
Deeply Customized Android 5.1 OS for Efficient Music Playback
To circumvent the problem of third-party Android apps automatically converting the sample rate of music, FiiO's software team wrote an entire new audio software architecture for its deeply customized and optimized version of the Android 5.1 OS. This results in improved sound quality and better overall performance of the device, and also gives 90 more minutes of battery life compared to running under Android 4.4.
Two Operating Modes for More Enjoyment
The X5 3rd gen, following in the footsteps of FiiO's flagship DAP, also offers two modes of operation - Pure Music mode and Android mode. In Pure Music Mode, only the main music player is available - no other apps run for smoother operation and a purer sound. In Android mode, users are free to install and run any third-party Android apps according to their needs. By offering these two modes of operation, the X5 3rd gen can satisfy both the music purists and those who need more versatility.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (aptX) for a Connected Era
The X5 3rd gen brings a number of new features for a convenient wireless experience - 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi allows users to listen to their favorite online streaming services; aptX ensures a low latency, high-quality wireless Bluetooth experience; and DLNA is supported for even more forms of wireless connectivity. With the X5 3rd gen, you can play your music anytime, anywhere.
All-New, Thoroughly Reworked User Interface
The X5 3rd gen has an all new UI that has been thoroughly and carefully changed from the past efforts down to the last pixel - for example, many of the icons have been redesigned, such as the ones for EQ setting and system settings. The new UI has a black theme with splashes of thoughtfully-placed bold colors for a clean, modern presentation.
Concealed micro SD Card Design
In order to make a more seamless-looking and durable chassis, the X5 3rd gen design team needed to rethink the design of the micro SD card slot. In this new design made of fine stainless steel powder based on new metallurgical methods, the gap between the micro SD card slot and the rest of the body is only 0.2mm - making for a more handsome body.
Dual micro SD Card Slots
The X5 3rd gen contains both 32GB of built-in storage and two external micro SD card slots. Since each micro SD card slot supports up to 256GB cards, the X5 3rd gen is able to carry up to a whopping 544GB of music - enough to store up to 130,000 songs.
Side-facing Volume Knob
New to the X5 3rd gen is a physical volume knob, which is slightly recessed within a guard so as to prevent accidental volume changes but is still easy to manipulate. The volume knob contains several of FiiO's characteristic design traits, such as the 45-degree grooves on the volume knob as well as the rigid lines and smooth circular elements which complement each other for a striking and unique look.
2 Modes of Charging to Quickly Get Back Up and Running
The X5 3rd gen contains a 3.8V 3400mAh battery that provides more than 10 hours of playing time. But when you do run out of battery, the new X5 has new rapid charging technology with temperature detection (with an on-screen indicator) that not only supports the typical BC 1.2 USB charging specification but also supports 9V/12V high-voltage rapid charging. When charged at the maximum current rate of 1.2C, the X5's battery can be filled in a mere 1.5 hours.
Meticulously Detailed, Inside and Out
The upgrade in the feel and grip of the X5 3rd gen's body over the previous X5 is immediately apparent. In order to achieve a smoother finish, the X5 3rd gen's body is made of specially-selected No. 180 zirconium sand. The front panel features a subtle dot matrix pattern, while the rear is tastefully adorned with a snazzy fine star pattern. The anodized titanium and gold color paints perfectly harmonize with each other to give the X5 3rd gen an understated yet luxurious appearance. The molded chassis, plastic, and stainless steel on every corner of the new X5 come together seamlessly for a very sleek look. This makes even the headphone jack more durable and look more integrated with the rest of the body.
A Highly Versatile Player
The X5 3rd gen can be used in multitude of different ways according to the needs of the user. With a special cable, the X5 3rd gen can be in a car in its In-Vehicle mode. It can be connected to a computer as a USB DAC. It can also act as a transport, outputting digital audio signals to an external USB DAC. And finally, it can also be docked to the FiiO K5 docking station, through which it can be charged and connected in even more different ways.
Practical Yet Beautiful Accessories
Available for the X5 3rd gen's screen is a 7H tempered glass screen protector, which is hard enough to be resistant against most scratches yet still boasts a 90+ percent light transmittance rate, ensuring your screen will be still easy to look at for years. Stylish PU leather cases are also available for the new X5, which not only protects your valuable investment but also, due to the grippy surface, makes it easier to use.
- Firmware updates: Supported via update zips placed in internal storage or SD card, or automatic over-the-air (OTA) push notifications
- Data transfer: USB 2.0 high-speed
- Play order: Supports playing by folders, all songs, albums, artists, genres, favorite songs and custom playlists
- Play modes: Sequential, shuffle, loop single, loop all (Up Next Queue and stick to queue list top--to be supported by future firmware)
- Library management: Supports deleting songs on the X5; customizing list of favorite songs and playlists; batch addition and deletion from various lists; deletion of folders; Bluetooth connection; and Playlists backup
- Resume playback: App may resume playback from last song when X5 is turned back on
- USB DAC: Supports 192 kHz/24bit via driver installation
- Visualizations: Supports display of internal/external/folder-based album art, ID3 tag info and VU meters
- Gesture operations: On now playing screen, swipe from left edge of screen for Now-playing playlist, slide up/down on the right for volume adjustment
- EQ adjustment: Professional 10-band equalizer with 9 built-in genre EQs, App built-in ViPER effect
- UI settings: Main menu can be customized (among playlists, local music, DLNA, recently played, most played and recently added)
- Cloud music: Cloud music playback, DLNA
- System mode: Instant switch between Android mode and Pure Music mode
- Filter modes: Sharp roll-off filter, Slow roll-off filter, Short delay Sharp roll-off filter, Short delay Slow roll-off filter, Super Slow roll-off filter
- ViPer effect: Supported (Realized via subsequent firmware update)
- Sound balance: L10-R10 (0.5dB/step)
- Gain: High and low gain settings available
- Headphone detection: Pauses automatically when headphones removed
- Balanced output: 2.5mm headphone port
- Wi-Fi support: Supports online music apps via WiFi
- Bluetooth: Supports Bluetooth 4.0, aptX, low latency, good sound quality and fault tolerance
- ID3 tag info: Supported
- Headphone in-line remotes: Supported (Volume adjustment of Apple earpods not supported)
- Gapless playback: Supported (Realized via subsequent firmware update)
- Search function for songs: Supported
- Chips used: SoC: RK3188; DAC: AK4490 x 2; LPF: OPA1612; OP: Customized chips OPA426 x 2
- Color: Red
- Dimensions/Weight: 114.2mm(H)x66.2mm(W)x14.8mm(D)/186g
- Display: 3.97" IPS TFT touchscreen, 480x800 pixels
- Material: CNC aluminum alloy
- Buttons: Left (Play/Pause, Pre and Next), Volume knob (Vol+ and Vol-), Right (Power)
- DAC: Dual top-of-the-line AKM AK4490EN DACs
- SoC: Fowerful quad-core Cortex A9 SoC Rockship RK3188
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 32GB internal storage
- Battery: Internal 3.8V 3400 mAh Li-polymer battery
- Storage expansion: Dual micro SD card slots supporting up to 512GB (256GB x 2)
- Supported music formats: DXD, DSD64, DSD128, WAV, FLAC, APE, ALAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, ogg vorbis etc., at up to 384kHz/32bit
- Output ports: 3.5mm headphone port, 2.5mm balanced headphone port, 3.5mm line out/coaxial digital output port, Micro USB port
- Battery: Internal 3400mAh 3.8V high-voltage quick charge battery
- Play time: About 10 hours (experimental data, might vary from using habits)
- Charging: Charging time - less than 100 minutes (Using 12V/1.5A charger)
- Packaging: Paper gift box
- Accessories: USB cable, Coaxial digital adaptor cable, Tempered glass screen protector (already applied to screen in-factory), Clean case, Quick charge charger (for Chinese market only), Leatherette case, Warranty card, Quick start guide
This Kit Includes:
X5-III High Resolution Lossless Music Player [Red]
FiiO X5-III High Resolution Lossless Music Player [Red]
Our Price: $349.99
A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Titanium)
FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Titanium)
Our Price: $49.00