The Impossible I-1 camera is probably one of the most advanced instant cameras ever made, thanks to its Bluetooth connectivity and integrated smartphone app. With this, you can do all kinds of cool stuff, like take double-exposures, create light paintings, take photos at the clap of your hands using sound triggers, and control every tiny detail in manual mode. From experimental photography to studio portraiture, it's great for any analog enthusiast who wants to give their instant photos a little touch of digital precision.
The original instant camera. Reinvented.
The I-1 is the first new camera system in over twenty years for the original Polaroid photo format.
Made with the I-1
The I-1 makes real photos, that you can pin to the wall or give to a friend. Photos with a life after the shutter clicks.
Make great portraits with the ring flash
The I-1's advanced ring flash adapts to your environment, capturing your subject in the right light no matter where you shoot.
An app to take your photography further
The optional I-1 App for iOS lets you do even more with your camera. Access useful additional features, add creative effects to your images and experiment with manual controls.
Take full control of every aspect of your exposures: use Manual Mode to adjust aperture, shutter speed, flash and focus distance.
Remote Trigger & Self Timer
Use the remote trigger to stay in the frame when shooting from a distance. Or use the self timer to take a selfie without the awkward angles.
Superimpose images on top of each other. Paint with light and color. Trigger a shot with a loud noise. The I-1 App lets you have fun with digital effects in an analog environment.
I-type film is optimized for I-type cameras. It's cheaper and more energy efficient than our standard film, because it doesn't contain batteries - unlike classic Polaroid cameras, the I-1 doesn't need them. You can also use the I-1 with any 600 type film.
How it works
Every instant photo is the result of a complex chemical chain reaction. It begins when light enters the camera and is reflected onto the film to expose an image. The exposed photo is then coated in developer paste as it leaves the camera, so you can watch it come to life in the palm of your hand.
- 440 grams (without film pack)
- 4 deg.-38 deg. C, 5%-90% relative humidity
- Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0
- Impossible 600 type and I-type film in both Color and Black & White, including Special Editions
- 500mAh high performance lithium ion battery (35 deg. C rated discharge current)
- Outer shells: Polycarbonate + ABS plastics with soft touch rubberized coating
- Viewfinder, Viewfinder mounting plate, strap mounts: Zinc Aluminium alloy
- Lenses: Optical grade polycarbonate and acrylic lenses, coated
- Shutter system: Custom design, using precision step motors for shutter and focus control
- 99mm H x 110mm W x 145 mm L
- 108mm H with viewfinder
- Lens: 6 lenses total, with 5 possible configurations
- Autofocus: 5 zone autofocus system, using reflective IR ranging
- Macro (0.3 - 0.5m)
- Close-up (0.5 - 1.0m)
- Near-field (1.0 - 2.2m)
- Mid-field (2.2 - 4.5m)
- Far-field (4.5 - 8 m)
- Focal length: 82 - 109 mm
- Field of view: 41 degrees vertical, 40 degrees horizontal
12 LED advanced ring flash, consisting of 8 focused LEDs for increased range + 4 diffuse LEDs for softer light at closer distances (portraits).
The I-1 App for iOS works on iPhone and iPod touch devices running Apple iOS 9 and iOS 8. To find out more and download the App, visit the Apple App Store.
This Kit Includes:
Polaroid Project I-1 Analog Instant Photo Camera with Advanced Flash Ring
Impossible Polaroid Project I-1 Analog Instant Photo Camera with Advanced Flash Ring
Our Price: $67.95
B&W Film for 600 - 8 Hard Color Frames (4673)
Polaroid Originals B&W Film for 600 - 8 Hard Color Frames (4673)
Our Price: $19.95