A fast F1.2 lens with a focal length of 85mm that delivers beautiful background bokeh so it's ideal for portraiture. The lens' incredible resolving power is thanks to a new optical design featuring 11 elements in 8 groups. Two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements and one double-sided aspherical element are used to control spherical and chromatic aberrations, while a further four of the elements feature convex surfaces to ensure excellent light coverage, even when shooting wide open. Like other XF lenses, the XF56mmF1.2 R is designed to be comfortable in use and has a premium quality look and feel.
- Type: XF56mmF1.2 R
- Lens construction: 11 elements in 8 groups (includes 1 aspherical and 2 extra low dispersion elements)
- Focal length (35mm format equivalent): f=56mm (85mm)
- Angle of view: 28.5?
- Max. aperture: F1.2
- Min. aperture: F16
- Aperture control: Number of of blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening); Step size : 1/3 EV (23 steps)
- Focus range: Normal 0.7m - Infinity, Macro 0.7m - 3m
- Max. magnification: 0.09x
- External dimensions: 73.2mm x 69.7mm
- Weight (excluding caps and hoods): Approx. 405g
- Filter size: 62mm