Chase your creativity as far as it wants to go with FUJIFILM X-T4. This powerful image-making tool offers professional photo and video functionality that can be quickly and easily accessed at the flick of a switch. X-T4 offers a 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, X-Processor 4 quad-core imaging engine, five-axis In-Body Image Stabilization, autofocus sensitivity down to -6EV, and Full HD/240p super slow-motion video recording. It also provides improved AF tracking performance and enhanced battery life compared to X-T3, along with a new mechanical shutter that is capable of making images at 15 frames per second and 300,000 actuations. High-resolution movie footage can be made at DCI 4K/60p in 10-bit color, while the addition of a newly designed optional Vertical Battery Grip uses two extra batteries to provide nearly 2,000 still frames before needing to recharge. X-T4 is the ultimate camera for hybrid image makers who want the versatility to make the most of their creativity.
FUJIFILM X-T4 FEATURES:
Putting Stability in Your Hands
A huge part of creating great photos or videos is making sure you are in the right place at the right time – and that often means making handheld images to get to the heart of the action. XT4's state-of-the-art, five-axis In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) provides up to 6.5 stops1 of image stabilization to make sure that, even in the midst of all the excitement, your images remain steady and sharp. Combine this with the new four-axis Digital Image Stabilizer, and you have lots of room to maneuver.
Performance You Can Rely On
For any serious image maker, having a tool that can be relied upon to perform flawlessly whenever it is required is extremely important. For this reason, X-T4 features a newly developed mechanical shutter that is the fastest and most robust in the history of the X Series. Not only can it make images at 15 frames per second, but it is also rated for 300,000 actuations2. When you combine this with its larger capacity battery that is capable of up to 600 frames per charge2, X-T4 has the power and the durability to give you the peace of mind that you'll never miss the perfect opportunity.
Find the Best Angle for your Story
When chasing the perfect image, versatility is key, so the last thing you want is to be hampered by awkward angles. The 1.62 million pixel vari-angle touchscreen LCD featured on X-T4 can be adjusted to make it visible from a wide range of positions. This not only gives you a high-quality monitor to frame with, but also provides quick and simple controls when you need them most. On the flip side, there are times when you need to minimize the light and distractions that a screen can create. That's why X-T4's LCD has been designed to easily fold away so it is completely hidden from view, leaving the updated 3.69 million pixel/100fps electronic viewfinder to help you focus on the moment at hand.
When Your Story Needs Movement
The modern image maker is blurring the lines between photography and videography, and X-T4 has been designed to celebrate this new generation of hybrid creativity. With the simple flick of a switch, movie mode is activated, meaning X-T4 is capable of recording both professional-level DCI 4K/60p and Full HD/240p super slow-motion video. It is also possible to record F-Log footage in 10-bit color, straight to the card. What's more, the innovative AF-C subject tracking works in low-light conditions down to -6EV and the camera's use of a new, high capacity battery lets you push your creative limits.
Powerful Image Manipulation Made Easy
For over 85 years, Fujifilm has produced photographic films that have been used by some of the world's best-known moviemakers to create some of the world's most successful movies. This legendary reputation in color science is celebrated with their hugely popular selection of Film Simulations, which digitize some of the industry's most iconic films and puts them right at your fingertips. X-T4 introduces ETERNA Bleach Bypass, the newest addition to this much-loved collection of film simulation modes available in the X Series product line, which creates a beautiful de-saturated, high-contrast look that any imagemaker will find irresistible.
1 With selected lenses. Based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only.
2 Based on CIPA standard.
Photography in Motion
Making a camera that suitable for both photography and videography is no simple task. The X-T4 is our most powerful X Series camera to date with no compromises for stills or video. Using the 4th generation X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, X-Processor 4, a newly developed compact in-body image stabilization (IBIS) system, new Film Simulation mode "ETERNA Bleach Bypass" and various other features that have evolved based on user feedback, this camera delivers image quality that can satisfy the demands of professional photographers and videographers.
For over 85 years, FUJIFILM has continuously evolved and moved with the changes in technology from the analog to digital. At out core, we have constantly looked at how to reproduce colors and developed new ways of representing your creativity. The X-T4 features a new Film Simulation mode, "ETERNA Bleach Bypass," to give both film and stills a more artistic look, with images having reduced saturation and increased contrast.
FUJIFILMs color science is a result of years of research in both analog and digital photography. All X Series cameras allow you to access this research at the touch of a button to help you express your creative vision. The X-T4 features the our new "color" expression, "ETERNA Bleach Bypass." It produces a high-contrast look while keeping the level of color saturation low, faithfully reproducing a film processing technique called "bleach bypass," which has been popular among many creative producers since the days of film photography.
Highlight and shadow tones can be adjusted by 1/2 stops, instead of full stops, capturing scenes exactly as you have imagined them. This can be used in combination with Film Simulations, to significantly reduce post processing time.
Auto White Balance
The Auto White Balance(AWB) can be set to "AUTO," "White Priority" or "Ambience Priority". In scenes lit by incandescent bulbs, the camera would choose for whiter whites when set to "White Priority" and warmer whites when set to "Ambience Priority".
A professional camera needs to be able to shoot every moment and record it instantaneously. The X-T4 autofocus works as fast as 0.02 seconds and with a burst shooting mode of up to 15 frames per second using the mechanical shutter*, the camera delivers ultra-fast performance and functionality, responding to your desire to capture every split second in the best quality possible.
*Fastest burst shooting at mechanical shutter among mirrorless cameras with an APS-C size sensor (February, 2020)
The X-T4 utilises the high-speed performance of the X Trans CMOS 4, which is a back-illuminated structure and features phase-detection pixels across the entire sensor. Combined with a new advanced AF algorithm and the X Processor 4, the camera delivers exceptional autofocus performance. The X-T4 has the ability to focus fast and accurately in low light, lock onto human face / eyes, and track a moving subject with ease providing you with added confidence to capture the decisive shot.
0.02 second AF
The new AF algorithm on the X-T4 gives an AF speed of up to 0.02 second; which is the fastest AF speed among mirrorless cameras with an APS-C size sensor.
The improved AF algorithm also allows you to capture your subject with an outstanding accuracy of over 90%. This evolved AF algorithm combined with the X-Trans CMOS 4 and the X Processor 4, gives professional level performance at every opportunity.
The tracking AF performance has been significantly improved. The new algorithm uses color information and the subject shape to lock on and steadily track a moving subject, maintaining accurate and instantaneous focus.
Face & Eye AF
The Face / Eye AF performance has been updated and is now around twice as good at tracking peoples face and eye while shooting in burst mode. The X-T4 will capture the face and eye even when the subject is constantly moving across the entire frame.
Low Light AF
The AF system in the X-T4 works down to -6.0EV, which is almost complete darkness. The phase detection AF system is fast and accurate even in these low light conditions.
The new focal plane shutter unit in the X-T4 use a high-speed coreless DC motor. This enables a super-fast 15fps continuous shooting in post view*1 and an 8fps continuous shooting with live view. The shutter is also 30% quieter and offers twice the durability of previous models with 300,000 shutter actuations*2. The blackout period when using the live view burst mode has been shortened up to 75msec, and the release time lag is quick as up to 0.035second, promising you with an instantaneous response. When shooting with electronic shutter, you can shoot up to an incredible 30fps. Combined with the evolved AF performance, the shutter system makes it possible to capture the every moment, even when your subject is moving.
*1 Fastest burst shooting at mechanical shutter among mirrorless cameras with an APS-C size sensor (February, 2020)
*2 According to Fujifilm internal testing.
The X-T4 features an all-new fixed-axis 6.5-stop* in-body image stabilization (IBIS) mechanism and a new large-capacity battery that enables extended hours of shooting. These new components are housed inside a compact weather-sealed body that is dust- and moisture-resistant, capable of working at temperatures as low as minus 10 degrees Celsius. The ergonomic grip allows you to hold the camera steady even when using larger telephoto lenses.
*Achieved with 18 XF FUJINON lenses.
In body image stabilization
The image stabilization unit has been dramatically reduced in size (30% smaller and 20% lighter), without compromising the performance. The new unit uses magnets instead of springs and high-performance gyro sensors to improve accuracy 8 times better compared to what X-H1 adopted. Also, the new shock absorbing structure integrated in the image stabilization unit will stabilize the smallest shakes, allowing the new focal plane shutter unit to perform at its full potential. Finally, the unit carries out over 10,000 corrections per second to achieve up to 6.5 stops of image stabilization with 18 out of 29 FUJINON XF lenses.
The X-T4 has 63 weather sealed points which gives it the advanced level of dust- and moisture resistance, similar to that of the X-T3.
You can shoot without concern, knowing that the camera operates in temperatures as low as minus ten degrees Celsius and in tough conditions like rain or in clouds of dust.
LCD/EVF Boost mode
The X-T4 has three Boost modes that changes the responsiveness of the LCD and EVF according to what you are shooting.
Enhances the subject when shooting in low light
Allows you to see more of the fine details
Frame Rate Priority
For smoother transitions, essential when shooting moving subjects
New Battery. Longer duration.
The X-T4 uses a large capacity "NP-W235" battery, which lasts for approx. 500 frames per charge in the standard mode and 600 frames per charge in Economy mode. When 3 batteries are used with the optional battery grip "VG-XT4" (2 batteries in the grip and 1 in the camera), you can get up to approx. 1700 frames per charge.
This removes any stress about battery life and allows you to shoot for longer.
The evolution of X-T4 is not just limited to stills photography. In addition to the Full HD 240P High-speed recording which gives you a maximum of 10x slow motion effect, the X-T4 features digital image stabilizer (DIS) and IS (Image Stabilization) Boost mode. By combining these two image stabilization modes with the powerful In-body Image Stabilization, with the X-T4 you can experience a new level of stabilized video shooting without the need of a gimbal or other 3rd party accessories.
New Movie Mode
The X-T4 allows seamless transition between shooting stills and movies. The STILL / MOVIE lever on the top panel and video-specific menu, facilitate fuss-free switching between photo and video recording. The addition of the video-only Quick Menu (Q Menu) button has enhanced the cameras functionality while recording video as well.
Movie Optimized Control
Video settings can be changed using the touchscreen panel or the front/rear command dials during video recording. When changing settings like this, the values on the shutter speed dial, ISO dial and aperture ring are ignored, and the camera will keep the exposure settings when switching back from still shooting to video shooting.
Professional level video recording
Video can be recorded to an external device via HDMI at 4K/60P 4:2:2 10 bit or internally at 4K/60P 4:2:0 10bit.
Like the X-T3, the X-T4 supports H.264/MPEG-4 AVC as well as H.265/HEVC, which offers a higher rate of compression, when recording 4K/60P 4:2:0 10 bit video at a bit rate of 200Mbps.
However, you can now choose MP4 in addition to the standard MOV video file format, broadening where you can use the files.
Ultra Highspeed recording
The X-T4 can shoot high-speed video at Full-HD 240P. This produces movie files with up to 10x slow-motion effect, adding another option when shooting movies.
Stabilize even more.
When shooting video, you have the option of IBIS as well as digital image stabilization (DIS), which allows for more powerful stabilization. This is especially useful when shooting video while you walk.
The "IS (Image Stabilization) Boost" mode can be enabled for greater stabilization regardless of whether the DIS is turned on or off, allowing more control of camera shake, essential when you cannot use a tripod.
F-Log view assist
During F-Log recording, you can convert the file to a video equivalent to BT.709 for display purposes.
Fixed video crop rate
When shooting in 4K with both IBIS and digital stabilizer enabled, the video crop rate is fixed at 1.29x. This makes it easier to align the shooting frame when the video mode is changed.
Line-level audio input
The camera supports external microphones as well as line-level input from external audio equipment.
Focus Check Lock
If you start recording video using the enlarged display, you can keep this display or have the camera switch back to the standard view.
Back up recording
The X-T4 supports backup recording, this is when video is recorded onto two memory cards at the same time.
* You cannot choose different video modes for video to be backed up, the same recording settings are applied to both cards.
Number of effective pixels
26.1 millions pixels
23.5mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4 with primary color filter.
Sensor Cleaning system
Ultra Sonic Vibration
- SD memory card ( - 2GB) / SDHC memory card ( - 32GB) / SDXC memory card ( - 512GB)
- UHS-I / UHS-II / Video Speed Class V90 *1
File format of still image
- JPEG: Exif Ver.2.3 *2
- RAW: 14bit RAW (RAF original format) TIFF: 8/16bit RGB
Number of recorded pixels
- [L]<3:2> 6240 x 4160 <16:9> 6240 x 3512 <1:1> 4160 x 4160
- [M]<3:2> 4416 x 2944 <16:9> 4416 x 2488 <1:1> 2944 x 2944
- [S]<3:2> 3120 x 2080 <16:9> 3120 x 1760 <1:1> 2080 x 2080
FUJIFILM X mount
Standard output: AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3 (up to ISO12800) / ISO160 - 12800 (1/3 step)
Extended output: ISO80 / 100 / 125 / 25600 / 51200
TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
P (Program AE) / A (Aperture Priority AE) / S (Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M (Manual Exposure)
-5.0EV - +5.0EV 1/3EV step (Movie: -2.0EV - +2.0EV)
- Mechanism: Image sensor shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation
- Compensation Effect: Maximum 6.5 stops (based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only.
- Digital Image Stabilization Yes (movie mode only)
- IS MODE BOOST: Yes (movie mode only)
Focal Plane Shutter
- Mechanical Shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/8000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/8000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/8000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
- Electronic Shutter *3: P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: 1sec. Fixed
- Electronic front curtain shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/8000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/8000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/8000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
- Mechanical + Electronic shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
- E-front + Mechanical shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/8000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/8000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/8000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
*Electronic front curtain shutter works until 1/2000sec.
- E-front + Mechanical + Electronic shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
*Electronic front curtain shutter works until 1/2000sec, Mechanical shutter works until 1/8000sec.
- Movie: FHD: 1/8000sec. - 1/4sec. / DCI4K/4K: 1/8000sec. - 1/24sec. (depends on the frame rate)
- Synchronized shutter speed for flash: 1/250sec. or slower
- Approx. 30fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (JPEG: 60 frames Lossless compressed RAW / Compressed RAW: 35 frames Uncompressed RAW: 33 frames)
- Approx. 20fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (JPEG: 114 frames Lossless compressed RAW / Compressed RAW: 37 frames Uncompressed RAW: 34 frames)
- Approx. 10fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (JPEG: 500 frames Lossless compressed RAW / Compressed RAW: 48 frames Uncompressed RAW: 39 frames)
- Approx. 20fps [Only electronic shutter ] (JPEG: 79 frames Lossless compressed RAW / Compressed RAW: 36 frames Uncompressed RAW: 34 frames)
- Approx. 15fps (JPEG: 110 frames Lossless compressed RAW / Compressed RAW: 38 frames Uncompressed RAW: 35 frames)
- Approx. 10fps (JPEG: 164 frames Lossless compressed RAW / Compressed RAW: 44 frames Uncompressed RAW: 37 frames)
- Approx. 8fps (JPEG: 200 frames Lossless compressed RAW / Compressed RAW: 49 frames Uncompressed RAW: 39 frames)
- Pre-shot: Approx. 30fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (max. 20 frames while half press, max. 20 frames after full press, total max. 40 frames)
- Pre-shot: Approx. 20fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (max. 20 frames while half press, max. 37 frames after full press, total max. 57 frames)
- Pre-shot: Approx. 10fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (max. 10 frames while half press, max. 300 frames after full press, total max. 310 frames)
*Recordable frames depends on recording media
*Speed of continuous shooting depends on shooting environment and shooting frames
- AE Bracketing (Frames: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9 Step: by 1/3EV step, up to ±3EV steps)
- Filmsimulation bracketing (Any 3 types of film simulation selectable)
- Dynamic Range Bracketing (100%, 200%, 400%)
- ISO sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV)
- White Balance Bracketing (±1, ±2, ±3)
- Focus Bracketing (AUTO, MANUAL)
Mode: Single AF / Continuous AF / MF
Type: Intelligent Hybrid AF / (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF)
Low-light Performance: Contrast: -3.0EV Phase Detection: -6.0EV (XF35mmF1.4 attached)
AF frame selection: Single point AF: EVF / LCD: 13 x 9 / 25 x 17 (Changeable size of AF frame)
Zone AF: 3 x 3 / 5 x 5 / 7 x 7 from 91 areas on 13 x 9 grid / Wide/Tracking AF *AF-S: Wide / AF-C: Tracking / All
Auto (WHITE PRIORITY, AUTO, AMBIENCE PRIORITY), / Custom1 - 3 / Color temperature selection (2500K - 10000K) / Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Underwater
10sec. / 2sec.
Interval timer shooting
Yes (Setting: Interval, Number of shots, Starting time)
- SYNC. MODE 1ST CURTAIN / 2ND CURTAIN / AUTO FP(HSS) (excl. EF-X8)
- FLASH MODE TTL (TTL AUTO (P mode) / STANDARD / SLOW SYNC. ) / MANUAL / COMMANDER / OFF (When EF-X8 is set)
- TTL (TTL AUTO (P mode) / STANDARD / SLOW SYNC. ) / MANUAL / MULTI / OFF (When SHOE MOUNT FLASH is set)
Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)
- 0.5 inch approx. 3.69 millions dots OLED Color Viewfinder
- Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area: approx. 100%
- Eyepoint: approx. 23mm (from the eyepiece lens) Diopter adjustment: -4 - +2m-1 (lockable)
- Magnification: 0.75x with 50mm lens (35mm equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to -1m-1
- Diagonal angle of view: approx. 38deg (Horizontal angle of view: approx. 30deg ) Built-in eye sensor
3.0 inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1.62 millions dots touch screen color LCD monitor(approx. 100% coverage)
- MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, Audio: Linear PCM / Stereo sound 24bit / 48KHz sampling)
- MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC)
* All Intra can be used with following settings.
- DCI4K/4K 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 400Mbps
- Full HD(2048 x 1080)/ Full HD(1920 x 1080) 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps
[DCI 4K(4096 x 2160)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 400Mbps/200Mbps/100Mbps 59.94p/50p: up to approx. 20min.
29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p: up to approx. 30min
- [4K(3840 x 2160)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 400Mbps/200Mbps/100Mbps 59.94p/50p: up to approx. 20min. 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p: up to approx. 30min
- [Full HD(2048 x 1080)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to approx. 30min.
- [Full HD(1920 x 1080)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to approx. 30min.
- [Full HD(1920 x 1080) High speed rec.]
- 240p / 200p 200Mbps(recording) up to approx. 3min.
- 120p / 100p 200Mbps(recording) up to approx. 6min.
*For recording movies, use a SD memory card with UHS Speed Class 3 or higher.
*For recording movies in 400Mbps, use a SD memory card with Video Speed Class 60 or higher.
*Recording movies in 400Mbps can be done with DCI4K/4K 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p.
*DCI4K 59.94p/50p is not available when H.264 is selected.
*Although movie recording will continue without interruption when the file size reaches 4GB, subsequent footage will be recorded to a separate file which must be viewed separately.
Film simulation mode
- 18 modes (PROVIA/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, ASTIA/Soft, Classic Chrome, PRO Neg.Hi, PRO Neg.Std,
- Black & White, Black & White+Ye Filter, Black & White+R Filter, Black & White+G Filter, Sepia, ACROS,
- ACROS+Ye Filter, ACROS+R Filter, ACROS+G Filter, ETERNA/Cinema, Classic Neg, ETERNA BLEACH BYPASS)
- Monochromatic Color
AUTO, 200%, 400%, 800%, 800% +
Roughness: STRONG, WEAK, OFF Size: LARGE, SMALL
Color chrome effect
STRONG, WEAK, OFF
Color chrome Blue
STRONG, WEAK, OFF
Dynamic range setting
- Still AUTO, 100%, 200%, 400%
ISO restriction (DR100%: No limit, DR200%: ISO320 or more, DR400%: ISO640 or more)
- Movie 100%, 200%, 400%
ISO restriction (DR100%: No limit, DR200%: ISO320 or more, DR400%: ISO640 or more)
Toy camera, Miniature, Pop color, High-key, Low-key, Dynamic tone, Soft focus, Partial color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)
Standard: IEEE802.11b/g/n (standard wireless protocol)
Encryption: WEP / WPA / WPA2 mixed mode
Access mode: Infrastructure
- Standard: Bluetooth Ver 4.2 (Bluetooth low energy)
- Operating frequency (Center frequency) 2402 - 2480MHz
- Digital interface: USB Type-C (USB3.2 Gen1 x 1)
- HDMI output: HDMI micro connector (Type D)
- Other: ø3.5mm, stereo mini connector (Microphone) / ø2.5mm, Remote Release Connector, Hot shoe, Synchronized terminal
NP-W235 Li-ion battery (included)
- Battery life for still images*4: Approx. 600 frames (Economy Mode), approx. 500 frames (Normal Mode) When XF35mmF1.4 R is set.
- Actual battery life of movie capture*4 *Face detection is set to OFF [4K] approx. 85min. (29.97p)
[Full HD] approx. 95min. (59.94p)
- Continuance battery life of movie capture*4 *Face detection is set to OFF [4K] approx. 110min. (29.97p)
[Full HD] approx. 130min. (59.94p)
(W) 134.6mm x (H) 92.8mm x (D) 63.8mm (minimum depth 37.9mm)
- Approx. 607g (including battery and SD memory card)
- Approx. 526g (excluding battery and SD memory card)
- Operating Temperature -10degC - +40degC
- Operating Humidity 10% - 80% (no condensation)
Starting up period
Li-ion battery NP-W235
AC power adapter
Hot shoe cover
Vertical Grip connector cover
Memory card slot cover
Sync terminal cover
*1 Please see the Fujifilm website to check SD memory card compatibility.
*2 Exif 2.3 is a digital camera file format that contains a variety of shooting information for optimal printing.
*3 The Electronic Shutter may not be suitable for fast-moving objects. Flash can not be used.
*4 Approximate number of frames or movie recording time that can be taken with a fully-charged based on CIPA Standard.