In today's fast-paced workplace maximizing productivity is essential. Whether installing new fiber links or troubleshooting an existing network; the faster you can locate a problem; the faster you can fix it. That's easier said than done when you are faced with a complex network of fibers; connectors and patch cords.
You can diagnose and repair simple fiber link problems with Fluke Networks' VisiFault Visual Fault Locator (VFL). The laser-powered VisiFault Visual Fault Locator is a cable continuity tester that locates fibers; verifies cable continuity and polarity. This cable continuity tester helps find breaks in cables; connectors and splices. Continuous and flashing modes make for easier identification. Compatible with 2.5mm and 1.25mm connectors for easy connection. Ruggedly constructed for demanding field-testing. This visual fault locator has a long battery life for hours of use.
Fiber Verification and Fault Location
VisiFault emits a bright beam of red light easily visible from a distance. Connect the VisiFault to one end of a fiber then locate that fiber at the other end; even if it one of many fibers either in a cable or terminated in a rack. Perform simple end-to-end continuity checks. Verify the proper polarity and orientation of fibers within a multi-fiber connector like the MT-RJ.
VisiFault can quickly illuminate fiber breaks; damaged connectors on patch cords; defective splices in splice trays; and tight fiber bends in and around equipment racks. The choice of a continuous wave output mode for steady fault illumination or a flashing output mode makes for easier fault location.
Easy To Use
The integrated universal 2.5mm adapter makes for easy connection to SC; ST; FC; and FJ connectors. The optional 1.25mm adapter allows for connection to LC and MU connectors. Attach the VisiFault to your belt using a lanyard or in the carrying case so it is always on hand when you need it. Two AA batteries gives you more than 80 hours of continuous mode battery life.
Fluke Networks built the VisiFault to last. VisiFault incorporates an energy-absorbing holster over an impact-resistant case to withstand drops; impacts and rough treatment; ensuring years of trouble-free operation. Together with a heavy-duty tethered end cap to protect the fiber adapter; VisiFault is the VFL for demanding field applications. Unlike more fragile VFL's that utilize a flashlight body or plain plastic case; Fluke Networks industrially engineered the VisiFault custom-case to be mechanically tough. The case is compact for field-use and ergonomically designed for comfort.
- Locates visual faults including tight bends; breaks and bad connectors
- Accelerates end-to-end fiber checks
- Easily verifies polarity and identifies fibers
- Features continuous and flashing modes
- Ergonomic case survives drops; impacts and vibrations
- Supports 2.5 mm and 1.25 mm SFF connectors
- Over 80 hours of battery life with two AA batteries
- Fiber compatibility: Multimode and Singlemode
- Wavelength: 650 nm (visible wavelength)
- Laser safety rating: Class II
- Output power: < 1.3 mW
- Output modes: Continuous (steady) and flashing (2-3Hz pulsed)
- Range: 3 km multimode; 4 km singlemode
Environmental and mechanical
- Operating temperature: 0 degreeC to 40 degreeC
- Storage temperature: -20 degreeC to 60 degreeC
- Relative humidity: 95% (10 to 35 degreeC)
- Vibration: Random; 2g; 5-500 Hz
- Shock: 1 m drop onto all corners and face
- Altitude: 3000 m
- Dimensions: 157 x 52 x 37 mm (6.2 x 2.0 x 1.3 inch
- Weight (including batteries): 0.18 kg (5.7 oz.)
- Adapter: 2.5 mm universal
- Adapter cap: Tethered protective end cap
- Controls: On/off; continuous/flashing
- Battery type: 2 x AA
- Battery life: > 80 hours in continuous mode
- Safety: CSA C22.2 No. 1010.1 1992; EN 61010-1; CE
- Carrying Case: Soft sided with belt loop