Dedicated GPS Navigator with Driver Awareness
- Easy-to-use, dedicated GPS navigator with 6.0-inch dual-orientation display
- Preloaded with detailed lifetime maps of the U.S.
- Driver alerts for increased awareness, including upcoming sharp curves, school zones, speed changes and more
- Garmin Real Directions feature guides like a friend, using landmarks and traffic lights
- Find new and popular restaurants, shops and more with Foursquare
Helpful Driver Alerts for Your Daily Commute
Garmin Drive 60 GPS navigator provides driver alerts to encourage safer driving and increase situational awareness. Warnings include alerts for sharp curves, speed changes, railroad crossings and animal crossings. Additionally, Garmin Drive 60 notifies you when driving the wrong way on a one-way street and sends warnings for nearby school zones. Receive alerts for nearby red light and speed cameras. For longer drives, a fatigue warning suggests break times and potential rest areas after hours of driving. The Up Ahead feature lets you easily see places up ahead and milestones along your route, without leaving the map view.
Guidance Using Recognizable Landmarks
Garmin Drive 60 redefines "spoken turn-by-turn directions" with Garmin Real Directions, easy-to-understand driving directions that guide like a friend, using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights (e.g., "Turn right after the red building" or "Turn left after the QT"). It's preloaded with millions more new and popular places, thanks to Foursquare.
Find Exactly Where You Need to Go
The Direct Access feature simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like airports and shopping malls, by finding a place within a larger location. Direct Access even navigates through parking lots to find the entrance nearest your destination. When navigating to the mall, Direct Access gives additional location information for specific retail stores inside. For example, "Arriving at Woodfield Mall. Anthropologie is inside, on the upper level."
Easier to Search, Quicker to Find
Garmin Drive 60 has a search field that makes it easy to find addresses and millions of points of interest (POIs). Simply enter a category (like "pizza"), an entire address ("1234 Sycamore Lane, Anytown, USA") or a proper name ("Starbucks"), and Garmin Drive 60 quickly returns your results.
Add a Camera to Your Drive
For a complete navigation solution, Garmin Drive 60 pairs with the BC 30 wireless backup camera (sold separately; professional installation recommended). Once connected, you can easily see vehicles, pedestrians and other obstacles right on the Garmin Drive 60 display, as you move in reverse. When traveling with a baby or toddler, add Garmin babyCam to your drive. babyCam is an in-vehicle video baby monitor that conveniently provides an "on demand" view of your backseat passenger, right on your navigation display.
One-stop Device Management
Use Garmin Express to keep your Garmin Drive 60 up to date. Garmin Express makes it easy to update maps and software, transfer favorites to and from devices and install free custom vehicles and voices.
The quality of map data can make all the difference between finding your destination and getting lost. High-quality HERE map data enables your Garmin device to provide you with the information you need, when you need it most, reducing the frustrations of driving by avoiding delays and cutting down the time you spend in the car.
Physical and Performance
- Physical Dimensions: 6.7"W x 3.7"H x .8"D (17 x 9.4 x 2.1 cm)
- Display Size, WxH: 5.36"W x 2.83"H (13.6 x 7.2 cm); 6.1" diag (15.4 cm)
- Display Resolution, WxH: 800 x 480 pixels
- Display Type: WVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 8.5 oz (241 g)
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion
- Battery Life: Up to 1 hour
- High-sensitivity Receiver: Yes
Maps and Memory
- Preloaded Street Maps: Yes
- Includes Lifetime Map Updates: Yes
- nuMaps Guarantee: Yes
- Built-in Memory: Internal solid state
- Accepts Data Cards: microSD card (not included)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Waypoints/Favorites/Locations: 1000
- Speaks Street Names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): Yes
- Lane Assist (guides to proper lane for navigation): Yes
- Junction View (displays junction signs): Yes
- Route Avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): Yes
- Speed Limit Indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): Yes
- View Upcoming Points of Interest Along Route: Yes
- Trip Planner: yes
- Trip Log: yes
- Powered Magnetic Mount: no
- Garmin Real Directions Landmark Guidance: yes
- Foursquare POIs: yes
- This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows XP or newer and Mac OS X 10.4 or later.