Dedicated GPS Navigator with Driver Alerts
- Easy-to-use dedicated GPS navigator with bright 6.0-inch dual-orientation display
- Preloaded with lifetime maps of the U.S.
- Driver alerts for dangerous curves, speed changes, speed cameras, railroad crossings, animal crossings and more
- TripAdvisor ratings for travel points of interest (POIs) such as hotels, restaurants and attractions
- Garmin Real Directions feature guides like a friend, using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights
Wherever you're going, have a smoother trip with Garmin Drive. This dedicated GPS navigator includes innovative driver alerts to help increase your situational awareness and preloaded travel points of interest from TripAdvisor to help find everything you need along the way. The future is on your Garmin. Just look ahead and drive.
Driver Alerts: Know Your Surroundings
To encourage safer driving and increase situational awareness, Garmin Drive provides driver alerts for sharp curves, speed changes, railroad crossings and animal crossings. Additionally, the navigator will warn you when driving the wrong way on a one-way street and alert you to nearby schools and school zones. Receive notifications for nearby red light cameras and speed cameras, and even get fatigue warnings that suggest potential rest areas after several hours of driving.
Pair With Your Smartwatch
What's more, your nagivator wirelessly pairs with any Garmin Connect-compatible smartwatch (sold separately). After they're paired, you can receive navigation right on your wrist after parking your vehicle and walking toward your destination. Also, Watch Link lets you receive helpful driver alerts on you watch, such as alerts for upcoming school zones and more. Don't worry about losing your car in a crowded parking lot or on a side street several blocks away from the venue you visited; your smartwatch provides compass guidance from your parked vehicle to your destination and back to your vehicle again.
Road Trips Just Got Better with TripAdvisor
When you're not familiar with the area, it's nice to have something to point you in the right direction. That's why we're bringing TripAdvisor to your Garmin Drive navigator. View ratings for travel POIs, such as hotels, restaurants and attractions, along your route or near your destination. From the world's largest travel site directly to your car, we're helping you find the stops that make the entire journey part of the destination. Also locate new attractions with the built-in Trip Planner tool, which adds fun to road trips by suggesting interesting stops along the way.
Friendly Guidance from Garmin Real Directions
Redefine "spoken turn-by-turn" directions with Garmin Real Directions. Our easy-to-understand driving directions use recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights in addition to spoken street names, guiding you as if your best friend is sitting in the passenger seat. No more squinting to read distant street signs. Just listen for Garmin Real Directions to tell you, "Turn left after the QT," or "Turn right after the red building." Following directions has never been easier.
Find Exactly Where You Need to Go
The Direct Access feature simplifies navigating to complex destinations, such as airports or shopping malls, by finding a place within a larger location. It even helps navigate through parking lots to find the entrance nearest your destination. Additionally, parking information based on historical data is available to help you find parking near your destination.
More to See and Do with Foursquare
Thanks to Foursquare, your Garmin Drive navigator is loaded with millions of additional popular places like restaurants, entertainment venues, shops and other points of interest. Next time you get in the car and take a ride, you might just find your new favorite spot.
Works with Garmin Backup Camera
For a complete navigation solution, Garmin Drive pairs with the BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera (sold separately; professional installation recommended). Once connected, you can easily see vehicles, pedestrians and other obstacles right on the Garmin Drive display as you move in reverse.
One-stop Device Management
Use Garmin Express to keep your Garmin Drive navigator up to date. Garmin Express makes it easy to update maps and software. The quality of map data can make all the difference between finding your destination and getting lost. High-quality HERE map data enables your Garmin device to provide you with the information you need, when you need it most - reducing the frustrations of driving by avoiding delays and cutting down the time you spend in your car.
Physical & Performance
- Physical Dimensions: 6.7"W x 3.7"H x .8"D (17.0 x 9.4 x 2.1 cm)
- Display Size, WxH: 5.26"W x 2.83"H (13.6 x 7.2 cm); 6.1" diag (15.4 cm)
- Display Resolution, WxH: 800 x 480 pixels
- Display Type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 8.5 oz (241 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life: up to 1 hour
- High-Sensitivity Receiver: Yes
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded Street Maps: Yes
- Includes Lifetime Map Updates: Yes
- nuMaps Guarantee: Yes
- Built-in Memory: internal solid state
- Accepts Data Cards: microSD card (not included)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Waypoints/Favorites/Locations: 1000
- Speaks Street Names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): Yes
- Lane Assist (guides to proper lane for navigation): Yes
- Junction View (displays junction signs): Yes
- Route Avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): Yes
- Speed Limit Indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): Yes
- View Upcoming Points of Interest Along Route: Yes
- Trip Planner: Yes
- Trip Log: Yes
- Powered Magnetic Mount: No
- Garmin Real Directions Landmark Guidance: Yes
- Foursquare POIs: Yes
This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows XP or newer and Mac OS X 10.4 or later.