Helpful Driver Alerts for Your Daily Commute
Garmin DriveSmart GPS navigator provides driver alerts to encourage safer driving and increase situational awareness. Warnings include alerts for sharp curves, speed changes, railroad crossings, animal crossings and more. Additionally, Garmin DriveSmart notifies you when driving the wrong way on a one-way street and sends warnings for nearby school zones. Receive alerts for nearby red light and speed cameras, and be prepared for sudden halts in traffic with upcoming traffic jam alerts. For longer drives, a fatigue warning suggests break times and potential rest areas after hours of driving. The Up Ahead feature lets you easily see places up ahead and milestones along your route, without leaving the map view.
Talk to Garmin DriveSmart
Garmin DriveSmart offers you the option of convenient voice-activated navigation. Control Garmin DriveSmart with your voice, while your hands remain safely on the wheel.
Extensive Smart Features
Sync a Bluetooth-enabled device, such as your smartphone, to Garmin DriveSmart for hands-free calling, and receive smart notifications on your Garmin DriveSmart display. Receive calls, text messages and calendar reminders without ever removing your hands from the steering wheel to reach for your phone. Stay focused on your drive ahead while staying connected with customizable smart notifications that conveniently appear right on your navigation display.
For real-time information such as weather and traffic conditions, download Smartphone Link mobile app, which connects your Garmin DriveSmart GPS navigator with your compatible smartphone.
Navigate Complex Intersections with Ease
Active Lane Guidance with voice prompts prepares you to drive through an exit or interchange with confidence. As you approach, an animated model uses brightly colored arrows to indicate the proper lane needed for your route. Bird's Eye junction view offers a detailed view of interchanges, looking down as if from overhead. And, photoReal Junction View realistically displays junctions and interchanges along your route, including the surrounding landscape.
Free Lifetime Traffic Avoidance
Garmin Traffic can give details about the situation, such as how many minutes of delay to expect and if there are any possible detours. It can even confirm whether or not you are on the fastest route. Lifetime traffic entitles your Garmin DriveSmart to receive free traffic information for its useful life, with no ads and no subscription fees. Garmin Traffic is delivered straight to your Garmin DriveSmart - no smartphone needed.
Guidance Using Recognizable Landmarks
Garmin DriveSmart redefines "spoken turn-by-turn directions" with Garmin Real Directions, easy-to-understand driving directions that guide like a friend, using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights (e.g., "Turn right after the red building" or "Turn left after the QT"). It's preloaded with millions more new and popular places, thanks to Foursquare.
Find Exactly Where You Need to Go
The Direct Access feature simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like airports and shopping malls, by finding a place within a larger location. Direct Access even navigates through parking lots to find the entrance nearest your destination. When navigating to the mall, Direct Access gives additional location information for specific retail stores inside. For example, "Arriving at Woodfield Mall. Anthropologie is inside, on the upper level."
Easier to Search, Quicker to Find
Garmin DriveSmart has a search field that makes it easy to find addresses and millions of POIs. Simply enter a category (like "pizza"), an entire address ("1234 Sycamore Lane, Anytown, USA") or a proper name ("Starbucks"), and Garmin DriveSmart quickly returns your results. In case of a misspelling, Garmin DriveSmart provides multiple search results that sound similar to what you’ve entered.
Add a Camera to Your Drive
For a complete navigation solution, Garmin DriveSmart pairs with the BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera (sold separately; professional installation recommended). Once connected, you can easily see vehicles, pedestrians and other obstacles right on the Garmin DriveSmart display, as you move in reverse. When traveling with a baby or toddler, add Garmin babyCam to your drive. babyCam is an in-vehicle video baby monitor that conveniently provides an "on demand" view of your backseat passenger, right on your navigation display.
One-stop Device Management
Use Garmin Express to keep your Garmin DriveSmart up to date. Garmin Express makes it easy to update maps and software, transfer favorites to and from devices and install free custom vehicles and voices.
- Bright 5.0-inch GPS navigator with dual-orientation, pinch-to-zoom display
- Detailed maps of North America with free lifetime map updates and lifetime traffic
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and voice-activated navigation
- Driver alerts for increased awareness, including upcoming sharp curves, school zones, speed changes and more
- Customizable smartphone notifications let you display calls, texts and other app alerts on your navigation screen
Physical and Performance
- Physical dimensions: 5.5"W x 3.3"H x .7"D (14.0 x 8.4 x 1.8 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 4.4"W x 2.5"H (11.1 x 6.3 cm); 5.0" diag (12.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels
- Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 6.1 oz (173.7 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 1 hour
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
Maps and Memory
- Preloaded street maps: Yes
- Includes lifetime map updates: Yes
- nuMaps Guarantee: Yes
- Built-in memory: internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: microSD card (not included)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): Yes
- Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands): Yes
- Traffic compatible (routes around traffic with a receiver and subscription): Yes
- Lifetime traffic updates (receive free lifetime traffic updates): Yes
- Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation): Yes
- Junction view (displays junction signs): Yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): Yes
- Bluetooth wireless technology: Yes
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): Yes
- View upcoming points of interest along route: Yes
- Trip planner: yes
- Trip log: yes
- Powered magnetic mount: no
- Garmin Real Directions landmark guidance: yes
- Foursquare POIs: yes
- This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows XP or newer and Mac OS X 10.4 or later.