Advanced Navigation with Smart Features
- Easy-to-use GPS navigator with connected features and bright 6.95-inch capacitive touch edge-to-edge display
- Detailed maps of North America with free lifetime updates
- Provides real-time services such as live traffic and live parking
- Bluetooth calling, smart notifications and voice-activated navigation
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy map and software updates
Stay connected behind the wheel with Garmin DriveSmart, the navigator that features a collection of smart features in addition to helpful driver alerts and easy-to-follow directions. From hands-free calling and live traffic information to built-in Wi-Fi and more - the future is on your Garmin. Just look ahead and drive.
Live Services for Your Drive
Outsmart traffic jams with time-saving alternate routes or by avoiding them altogether. Then, with live information, spend less time circling the block to look for parking. For traffic alerts, relevant rerouting directions and up-to-date weather forecasts, download the Smartphone Link app, which connects your Garmin DriveSmart with your compatible smartphone. As you near your destination, take the stress out of parking by viewing pricing and availability trends for on-street public parking. The Smartphone Link app also enables LiveTrack, which lets drivers share their location so friends can track your whereabouts whether you are running errands around town or taking a long road trip.
Putting the Smart in Smart Connectivity
When you sync your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to Garmin DriveSmart, you get great features that let you stay connected without taking your hands off the wheel. Make hands-free phone calls and receive customizable smart notifications on your navigator's display. That means you can see incoming calls, text messages and calendar reminders without ever having to reach for your phone.
Need directions? Just say the word. Garmin DriveSmart features voice-activated navigation that responds to your commands and then navigates to where you need to go.
Wi-Fi Keeps You up to Date
We make it easy to keep your maps and software up to date now that the Garmin DriveSmart navigator features built-in Wi-Fi. When a new update is available and you're on your wireless home network, you'll automatically receive an onscreen notification. That's your cue to plug your device into any outlet and let it update over Wi-Fi while it charges. Then you'll be ready to hit the road again.
Driver Alerts: Know Your Surroundings
To encourage safer driving and increase situational awareness, Garmin DriveSmart provides driver alerts for sharp curves, speed changes, railroad crossings and animal crossings. Additionally, the navigator will warn you when driving the wrong way on a one-way street and alert you to nearby schools and school zones. Receive notifications for nearby red light cameras and speed cameras, and even get fatigue warnings that suggest potential rest areas after several hours of driving.
More Navigation from Your Garmin Smartwatch
When you pair this navigator with your compatible Garmin smartwatch (sold separately), you can receive navigation right on your wrist, even after you've parked your car and are walking toward your destination. Also get helpful driver alerts on your watch. Don't worry about losing your car in a crowded parking lot; your smartwatch provides compass guidance from your parked vehicle to your destination and back to your vehicle again.
Road Trips Just Got Better with TripAdvisor
When you're not familiar with the area, it's nice to have something to point you in the right direction. That's why we're bringing TripAdvisor to your Garmin DriveSmart navigator. View ratings for travel points of interest, such as hotels, restaurants and attractions, along your route or near your destination. From the world's largest travel site directly to your car, we're helping you find the stops that make the entire journey part of the destination. Also locate new attractions with the built-in Trip Planner tool, which adds fun to road trips by suggesting interesting stops along the way.
Friendly Guidance from Garmin Real Directions
Redefine "spoken turn-by-turn" directions with Garmin Real Directions. Our easy-to-understand driving directions use recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights in addition to spoken street names, guiding you as if your best friend is sitting in the passenger seat. No more squinting to read distant street signs. Just listen for Garmin Real Directions to tell you, "Turn left after the QT," or "Turn right after the red building." Following directions has never been easier.
Works with Garmin Backup Camera
For a complete navigation solution, Garmin DriveSmart pairs with the BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera (sold separately; professional installation recommended). Once connected, you can easily see vehicles, pedestrians and other obstacles right on the Garmin DriveSmart display as you move in reverse.
The quality of map data can make all the difference between finding your destination and getting lost. High-quality HERE map data enables your Garmin device to provide you with the information you need, when you need it most - reducing the frustrations of driving by avoiding delays and cutting down the time you spend in your car.
Physical & Performance
- Physical Dimensions: 6.8"W x 3.9"H x 0.7"D (17.3 x 9.9 x 1.9 cm)
- Display Size, WxH: 6.0"W x 3.5"H (15.2 x 8.9 cm); 6.95" diag (17.7 cm)
- Display Resolution, WxH: 1024 x 600 pixels
- Display Type: multi-touch, glass, WSVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 8.57 oz (243 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life: up to 1 hour
- High-Sensitivity Receiver: Yes
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded Street Maps: Yes
- Includes Lifetime Map Updates: Yes
- nuMaps Guarantee: Yes
- Built-in Memory: internal solid state
- Accepts Data Cards: microSD card (not included)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Waypoints/Favorites/Locations: 1000
- Speaks Street Names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): Yes
- Voice-Activated Navigation (operate device with spoken commands): Yes
- Traffic Compatible (routes around traffic with a receiver and subscription): Yes
- Lifetime Traffic Updates (receive free lifetime traffic updates): Yes
- Lane Assist (guides to proper lane for navigation): Yes
- Junction View (displays junction signs): Yes
- Route Avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): Yes
- Hands-Free Calling: Yes
- Speed Limit Indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): Yes
- View Upcoming Points of Interest Along Route: Yes
- Trip Planner: Yes
- Trip Log: Yes
- Powered Magnetic Mount: Yes
- Garmin Real Directions Landmark Guidance: Yes
- Foursquare POIs: Yes
- Smart Notifications: Yes
- BLE Capable: Yes