This Honeywell 1902gHD-2USB-5 Xenon 1902g black cordless handheld barcode reader has a high-density area-image scanner instead of a laser to read compact 1D; PDF; 2D; Postal; and OCR symbolizes; and includes a USB cable and charger/communication base to wirelessly transmit data for decoding. The reader can be connected directly to the host (not included) using the included USB cable; wirelessly to the included charger/communication base that has been connected to the host system with the included cable; or wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled devices such as cell phones and tablets (sold separately). The lithium-ion battery; which can be changed in the field without the use of tools; powers the barcode reader for up to 14 hours and up to 50;000 scans on one charge. The base's paging function assists in locating a misplaced reader by activating the reader's audible signal.
The reader fits into a vertical stand (sold separately) for a minimal footprint and hands-free use. Two LEDs and an audible alert indicate whether a scan has succeeded or failed. A CodeGate setting automatically activates the laser to display a scan line when a barcode is placed within range of the device's sensor but prevents barcode data from being transmitted until a button is pushed to help reduce accidental scans. Honeywell Remote MasterMind software (sold separately) can be used by an administrator to manage the device remotely. For a complete set of product specifications; please see the manufacturer's brochure.
Barcode scanners; also known as barcode readers; can be used to scan and decode barcodes and to transmit barcode data to a computer or another host system. Barcode readers with a single-line laser can be used to scan linear; one-dimensional (1D) barcodes. Some lasers can produce light in an omnidirectional pattern to allow scanning of barcodes from different angles. Other barcode readers contain CCD (charge-coupled device) light sensors instead of a laser for accuracy and wear resistance. Barcode scanners with raster scanning; area imaging; and other scanning technologies can allow scanning of two-dimensional (2D) or Portable Document Format 417 (PDF417) barcodes; among other types. Some barcode readers provide onboard flash memory to allow the storage of barcode data before transmitting it to a computer or host system through a USB cable or wireless WLAN or Bluetooth connection. Many barcode readers have a handle for handheld use and come with a stand or a charging cradle for fixed position applications; while others are designed for stationary use on a counter or another flat surface. Some portable readers are small enough to be carried in a pocket or attached to a lanyard. Barcode readers are used at retail checkout counters and other points of sale (POS) locations and in warehouses and shipping facilities.
Honeywell manufactures products; materials; and technologies used in aerospace; transportation; and automation and control systems. The company; founded in 1885; is headquartered in Morristown; NJ.
- Black handheld cordless barcode reader has a high-density focus that enables scanning of compact 1D; PDF; 2D; postal; and OCR barcodes
- Wireless Bluetooth capability for transmitting data to the host system (not included) through the included charger/communication base or a Bluetooth-enabled device (sold separately)
- Lithium-ion battery lasts up to 14 hours and 50;000 scans on one charge
- CodeGate setting aligns the laser but prevents barcode data from being transmitted until a button is pushed to help reduce accidental scans
- Reader weighs 7.5 oz. with battery; measures 4.1 x 2.8 x 6.3 inches (L x W x H)
- Data transmission style: Bluetooth wireless; USB cable
- Radio/range: 2.4 to 2.5 GHz (ISM band) adaptive frequency hopping Bluetooth v2.1; Class 2: 33 ft. (10 m) line of sight
- Battery: 1;800 mAh lithium-ion minimum. Up to 14 hours expected battery life or up to 50;000 scans per charge.
- Charge time: 4.5 hours (expected)
- Host system interfaces (charger/ communication base): USB; RS-232; Keyboard Wedge; IBM 46xx (RS-485)
- Scan pattern: Area image (838 x 640 pixel array)
- Decode capability: Reads standard 1D; PDF; 2D; Postal; and OCR symbolizes
- Motion tolerance: Up to 240 in/s (610 cm/s) for 13 mil UPC at optimal focus
- Scan angle: 41.4 degrees horizontal; 32.2 degrees vertical
- Pitch; skew: 45 degrees; 65 degrees
- Print contrast: 20% minimum reflectance difference
- Drop specs: Designed to withstand fifty 6 ft. (1.8 m) drops to concrete
- Environmental sealing: IP41
- Reader dimensions: 4.1 x 2.8 x 6.3 inches/104 x 71 x 160 mm (L x W x H)
- Reader weight: 7.5 oz. (214 g) with battery
- Color: Black