The introduction of the HP StorageWorks PCIe 8Gb Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters brings datacenter infrastructure components to a higher level of performance and efficiency with the ability to deliver twice the I/O performance of 4 Gb FC HBAs. An 8 Gb Fibre Channel HBA purchased today is backward compatible with 4 and 2 Gb storage networks and will protect future investments. When using storage intensive applications; such as backup/restore; database transactions; virtualization and rich media; the increased performance of the 8 Gb infrastructure enables more rapid storage and retrieval of critical information. Finally; PCIe 8Gb FC Host Bus Adapters provide a number of features that work together to reduce power consumption; thus delivering a "green" benefit within the server.
- Slot type: PCIe to Fibre Channel
Fibre channel ports
- Compatible operating systems: Microsoft Windows 2003; Microsoft Windows Server 2008; VMware; Red Hat Linux; SUSE Linux; SUN Solaris
- Array platforms supported: EVA4x00; EVA6x00; EVA8x00; XP128/XP1024; XP10000/XP12000; XP20000/XP24000; P9500; MSA1000/MSA1500; MSA2000fc; P2000 G3
- Servers supported: Select HP ProLiant DL/ML/SL servers and HP Integrity servers
- Weight: 2 lb
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 2.5 x 9 x 12 in