Aruba 7000 Series Mobility Controller
Improved Network Performance; Visibility; And Control
Aruba 7000 Series Mobility Controllers improve WLAN performance by centralizing all control functionality for individual Aruba access points (APs) to improve AP utilization and client roaming. They also improve security by ensuring all traffic is encapsulated in GRE tunnels for complete encryption from AP to Controller.
Ideally suited for midsize campuses and branches; the 7000 Series enforces centrally managed policies to ensure a consistent employee and guest experience wherever they connect. They can also be deployed using Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) to simplify deployment.
The 7000 Series runs the ArubaOS network operating system and manages up to 4;096 concurrent users; 64 access points and include up to 24 Ethernet ports and multiple WAN uplinks. With 8 Gbps of maximum throughput to perform stateful firewall policy enforcement; the controller delivers plenty of horsepower for the most demanding enterprise environments.
24/7 Mission-Critical Networking
Aruba's unique patented wireless technologies are based on AI-powered machine learning algorithms and integrated directly into ArubaOS. Adaptive Radio Management; Air Match and ClientMatch (now enhanced with 802.11ax grouping) provide RF optimization techniques to improve user experience and network health based on changing environmental conditions; correct for noisy or congested RF and resolve sticky client issues during user roaming. RFProtect provides advanced spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection (WIPS/WIDS) to help identify and mitigate Wi-Fi and non-Wi-Fi sources of interference; as well as containment of potential security risks. Learn more about Aruba's software features on the ArubaOS datasheet. When deployed with Aruba Mobility Master; the 7000 Series can be joined to a controller cluster to increase scale; improve reliability using High Availability (HA); adopt configurations seamlessly based on hierarchy; support Live Upgrades to reduce maintenance windows; and share licenses from a global licensing pool. The 7000 Series also serves a key policy enforcement role in Aruba's 360 Secure Fabric. Aruba Airwave provides real-time monitoring; reporting and Wi-Fi planning and visibility services..
802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) enhanced with ClientMatch
The latest Wi-Fi standard brings enhanced performance; speed; and efficiency with key features such as OFDMA; 1024-QAM; and bidirectional MU-MIMO. Combined with Aruba's patented ClientMatch technology; 802.11ax clients will now be grouped together to optimize the multi-user experience.
Enhanced Wireless Security
Support for WPA3 brings stronger encryption and authentication methods; while Enhanced Open brings automatic security to open networks. New WPA2-MPSK feature enables simpler passkey management for WPA2 devices - should the Wi-Fi password on one device need to be changed; no additional key changes are needed for other devices on the network.
Enforcement of consistent user; device; and application experience across WLAN; LAN; and WAN. When deployed alongside Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager; policies can automatically be updated to simplify configuration.
Each 7000 Series Mobility Controller enforces up-to-date policies from Aruba's ClearPass policy management system. Policies are based on role and applied uniformly across the WLAN and LAN - eliminating the need to configure per switch ACLs; VLANs; and subnets.
Zero Touch Provisioning
The 7000 Series can be factory-shipped and deployed onsite with cloud-based Aruba Activate. For network-specific requirements; settings can be applied based on hierarchical configuration.
Application Visibility And Control
AppRF with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology consistently evaluates and optimizes performance and usage policies for over 2;600 applications to ensure the highest possible Quality of Service (QoS) - even for encrypted or hidden traffic.
When deployed with Aruba Mobility Master; the 7000 Series can be joined to a controller cluster to increase scale; improve reliability using High Availability (HA); adopt configurations seamlessly based on hierarchy; support Live Upgrades to reduce maintenance windows; and share licenses from a global licensing pool. The 7000 Series also serves a key policy enforcement role in Aruba's 360 Secure Fabric. Aruba Airwave provides real-time monitoring; reporting and Wi-Fi planning and visibility services.
Web Content Filtering
WebCC is an add-on feature of AppRF that classifies websites by content category and as rated by their reputation. Block; apply QoS; bandwidth-limit; mirror; and log web content just similar to AppRF for IP addresses and applications.
Unified Communications And Collaboration (Ucc)
Visualize and troubleshoot networks based on call quality metrics such as MOS; latency; jitter and packet loss. Supported applications
Integrated Vpn Services
With support for IPSec/SSL VPNs; Aruba remote APs (RAPs) and Aruba VIA VPN users can establish encrypted sessions without any additional hardware required
Third-Party Firewall Support
For advanced malware or antivirus protection; the 7000 Series can assume the role of an on-premises agent of centrally-hosted firewalls such as those provided by Palo Alto Networks and Check Point Software. Dedicated firewall appliances are no longer needed at each branch.
- Support for new 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6); WPA3 and Enhanced Open - and existing standards
- Patented ClientMatch technology can now group together 802.11ax-capable devices
- Application awareness for 2;600+ applications with no additional hardware
- Built-in AI-powered wireless/RF optimization
- Unifies policy enforcement for WLAN; LAN and WAN traffic
Performance and capacity
- Maximum campus or remote AP licenses: 16
- Maximum concurrent users/devices: 1;024
- Maximum VLANs: 4;096
- Active firewall sessions: 16;384
- Concurrent GRE tunnels: 256
- Concurrent IPsec sessions: 1;024
- Concurrent SSL sessions: 1;024
- Concurrent Tunneled Ports: 512
- Firewall throughput (Gbps): 2
- Wired Bridged Throughput (Gbps): 4
- Encrypted throughput 3DES (Gbps): 1.2
- Encrypted throughput AES-CBC-256 (Gbps): 1.3
- Encrypted throughput AES-CCM (Gbps): 1.9
- Encrypted throughput AES-GCM-256 (Gbps): 1.7
Interfaces And Indicators
- Form factor/footprint: Desktop/fanless
- 10/100/1000BASE-T: 4
- USB: 1
- Management/status LEDs: Yes
- LINK/ACT and status LEDs: Yes
- LCD panel and navigation buttons: No
- Console port: mini USB; RJ-45
- Out-of-band management port: No
Power Over Ethernet (Poe) Support
- PoE1 Role/Mode: Powered Device (PD)
- PoE In or Out: In - Port 0
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 20 x20 cm(1.6 x 7.9 x 7.9 in)
- Weight: 0.92 kg (2.03 lbs.)
- MTBF: 323;896
- Humidity/Storage Humidity: 5% to 95%; NC
- Acoustic noise: 0 dBA (fanless)
- Maximum Heat Dissipation (BTU/hour): 51.18
- Maximum power consumption: 16.6W (with USB)
- Power Source: PoE or 12v - 30W
Power Adapter And Supply Specifications
- Input voltage range: 90 VAC to 264 VAC
- Output Voltage: +12VDC; 4A
- Input frequency: 47-63 Hz
- AC line input current (steady state): 1.0A
- Operating Temperature: -0o to +40o C
- Weight: 0.24 kg (0.53 lbs.)