The Aruba 2930M Switch Series is designed for digital workplaces optimized for mobile users. These powerful Layer 3 access switches are easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager; Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central. Modular stacking; uplinks and power provide scalability and simplicity for enterprise edge; SMB and branch office networks. The 2930M delivers performance and value with support for static; RIP and Access OSPF routing; 10GbE and 40GbE uplinks; models with 24 ports of HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit Ethernet; up to 1440W of PoE; robust QoS; and Dynamic Segmentation for unified and secure access.
High-Performance Layer 3 Access Switches
The Aruba 2930M Switch Series provides performance; security; and ease of use for enterprise edge; SMB; and branch office networks.
Optimized for the digital workplace with unified management tools such as Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager; Aruba Airwave and Aruba Central. Provides optimal configuration automatically when connected to Aruba access points for PoE priority; VLAN configuration; and rogue AP containment.
Pay as you grow modular stacking (10 chassis) and modular 10GbE (SFP+) and 40GbE (QSFP+) uplinks. HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit Ethernet models support high speed APs over existing cabling and upgradeable power supplies allow your network to quickly scale when more PoE is needed.
Robust Layer 3 feature set includes Access OSPF; static and RIP routing; ACLs; Dynamic Segmentation; sFlow; IPv6 with no software licensing required.
Designed with a power ProVision ASIC; the 2930M supports multiple programmatic interfaces; including REST APIs and Openflow 1.0 and 1.3; to enable automation of network operations; monitoring; and troubleshooting.
Performance and Power at the Edge
The Aruba 2930M Switch Series is designed with a powerful Aruba ProVision ASIC; to enable the mobile campus with low latency; increased packet buffering; and adaptive power consumption.
Increase performance with selectable queue configurations and associated memory buffering that meets your specific network application requirements.
Plug and play with up to 10 chassis stacking allowing automated failover enhances network resiliency and RPS support delivers power redundancy.
Supports hot swappable and redundant PoE power for wireless access points; cameras and phones and can easily scale to 1440W with choice of power supplies. High power PoE models deliver up to 60W of PoE per port.
Security and Quality of Service You Can Rely On
The Aruba 2930M Switch Series includes security and quality of services (QoS) features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances while protecting your data from both inside and outside attacks.
Flexible authentication options include standards based security protocols such as 802.1X; MAC and Web Authentication; to enhance security and policy-driven application authentication.
Powerful multilevel-access security controls include source-port filtering; RADIUS/TACACS+; SSL; port security; and MAC address lockout.
Dynamic Segmentation provides user and port-based traffic tunneling to an Aruba Mobility Controller or Branch Gateway so that policies can be applied; advanced services can be extended to users and IoT devices; and traffic can be encrypted to protect the network.
Simplify with Integrated Wired/Wireless Management
The Aruba 2930M Switch Series supports Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager for unified and consistent policy between wired and wireless users and simplifies implementation and management of guest login; user onboarding; network access; security; QoS; and other network policies.
Aruba Airwave Network Management software provides an on-premise network management platform for wired and wireless network devices. Cloud-based management with Zero Touch Provisioning supported by Aruba Central.
Supports both cloud-based Central and on-premise AirWave with the same hardware ensuring change of management platform without ripping and replacing switching infrastructure.
RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics; history; alarms and events.
Out-of-band Ethernet management port keeps management traffic segmented from your network data traffic.
- Aruba Layer 3 switch series that is easy to deploy and manage with Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager and on-premise with Aruba Airwave.
- Simplify with Zero Touch Provisioning and cloud-based Aruba Central support.
- Scale with modular 10 chassis stacking and up to 1440W PoE.
- Modular 10GbE and 40GbE uplinks and HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit support.
- Models with 24 ports of HPE Smart Rate with IEEE 802.3bz.
- High Power PoE models deliver up to 60W of PoE per port.
- Powerful and flexible 1U 48-port PoE+ access switch supporting up to 1440W of PoE. This model has 48x 10/100/1000 access ports including four that are combo dual purpose shared with SFP ports for fiber connectivity. This model does support PoE/PoE+ with a Power over Ethernet budget of up to 1440 Watts based on selected power supplies.
- (44) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports
- (4) Dual Personality 10/100/1000 BASE-T PoE+ or 100/1000 Mbps SFP Ports
- (1) uplink module slot; (1) stacking module slot
- Memory and processor
- Dual Core ARM Coretex A9 @ 1016 MHz
- 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Packet buffer size: 12.38 MB and 4.5MB Ingress; 7.785 Egress
- 4 GB eMMC
- 1000 Mb Latency: < 3.1 µs
- 10 Gbps Latency: < 3.4 µs
- Throughput: up to 112 Mpps
- Switching capacity: 176 Gbps
- PoE capability: Up to 1440 Watts
- Management features
- Aruba AirWave Network Management
- Aruba Central
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- Command-line interface
- Web browser
- Configuration menu
- SNMP manager
- Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or micro USB)
- Power supply name: JL086A Aruba X372 54VDC 680W 100-240VAC Power Supply; JL087A Aruba X372 54VDC 1050W 110-240VAC Power Supply
- Input voltage: 100 - 127 / 200 - 240 VAC; rated or 110-127 / 200-240VAC; Rated depending on power supply
- Power consumption: 2 power supplies are supported: JL086A PSU (each): 470W; JL087A PSU (each): 860W
- Heat dissipation: 200 BTU/hr. 216 kJ/hr.
- Minimum dimensions (H x W x D): 4.39 x 44.25 x 32.43 cm
- Weight: 4.65 kg
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty