Linksys AC1200 Amplify Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender
With the Linksys AC1200 AMPLIFY Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700); you can easily eliminate dead zones and expand the range of your existing wireless router and take advantage of Wireless-AC performance.
Using Spot Finder Technology on your laptop; tablet; or smartphone; you can quickly determine optimal placement of the extender in relation to your router. The AC1200 AMPLIFY will then repeat the signal from your router and redistribute it to reduce wireless dead spots with a combination of Crossband and Beamforming technologies.
Not only does Wireless-AC performance allow you to stream videos and play online games without interruption; you can even stream audio from your smartphone using the extender's audio jack. The addition of a convenient pass-through power outlet allows you to keep your power outlets free for use.
Easy Setup and Optimal Placement with Spot Finder Technology
Compatible with your smartphone; laptop; or tablet; Linksys Spot Finder Technology provides a unique visual representation of the distance between your AC1200 AMPLIFY and your router. The three-step setup ensures that you position the extender in an optimum location so you can enjoy the maximum Wi-Fi signal - even in the far reaches of your home and outdoors.
Integrated Power Outlet
Thanks to the integrated power pass-through; you can maintain use of the power outlet even when the AC1200 AMPLIFY is plugged in. The integrated power outlet function on your range extender works exactly like a normal electrical outlet; and is not controlled in any way by the range extender.
Stream Audio Wirelessly Throughout Your Home
The AC1200 AMPLIFY extender's 3.5mm audio jack allows you to connect a stereo system or speaker directly to the range extender to stream music wirelessly from your iOS or Android smartphone; tablet; or laptop. With no additional setup needed to connect your wireless device; you can start streaming the moment the AC1200 AMPLIFY is connected to your network. Android users can also stream music with apps that support DLNA digital media sharing.
Gigabit Ethernet Wired Connection
In addition to wireless connectivity; the RE6700 features a Gigabit Ethernet port; which allows you to establish a secure wired connection with speeds up to 1;000 Mbps to a desktop; laptop; or any other device featuring an Ethernet port.
Crossband Technology for a Seamless Connection
Innovative Crossband technology allows for the simultaneous use of both bands; rather than relying on one radio band to do all the work. This allows information to be obtained on one band and transmitted on the other; resulting in reduced dropped data packets; faster media transfer speeds; and a stronger; more consistent signal throughout your home.
Beamforming Provides Top Speeds
Featuring dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz; the AC1200 AMPLIFY can deliver data transfer speeds of up to N300 + AC867 Mbps for uninterrupted streaming. Beamforming ensures optimal network performance; directing signals to your device to eliminate interruptions.
Universally Compatible with Routers
The AC1200 AMPLIFY is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router or gateway; with no need to adjust your router's settings when installing the extender. Simply connect the AC1200 AMPLIFY to your current wireless network to enjoy Internet access on all your devices; from anywhere in your home.
- Dual band wireless range extender brings speed and reliability; wherever you are
- Extend the range of your wireless router up to 10;000 square feet; eliminating dead zones
- Easy to use; mobile-guided range extender setup to extend Wi-Fi range throughout your home
- Works with any wireless router including your service provider's router
- Maximizes the simultaneous use of both bands for high-speed data transfer and uninterrupted streaming and gaming
- Optimizes performance and reduces interference by focusing wireless signal to connected devices
- Delivers a stronger connection at a wider range than a single band at speeds up to AC1200
- Wirelessly stream music to connected speakers
- Network Standards: IEEE 802.11a; IEEE 802.11b; IEEE 802.11g; IEEE 802.11n; IEEE 802.11ac
- Radio Frequency Bands: 2.4 and 5GHz
- Ports: 1 x Gigabit Ethernet; 3.5mm Audio Jack
- LEDs: WPS; System (Optional Placement)
- Buttons: WPS; Reset
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104 degreeF (0 to 40 degreeC)
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 140 degreeF (-20 to 60 degreeC)
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 80% Noncondensing
- Max. Link Rate: 867 Mbps
- Platform Compatibility: Windows XP; Windows Vista 32/64; Windows 7 32/64; Windows 8 32/64; Windows 8.1 32/64; Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard; Mac OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard; Mac OS X 10.7 Lion; Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion; Mac OS X 10.9 Yosemite