Condition: This product was discovered to be Initially defective and has been refurbished by the manufacturer.
This REFURBISHED product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications; it is guaranteed to be in perfect working order.
The Equipment is sold in "AS IS" condition and returns will not be accepted so please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
From family gatherings to sunny vacation beaches, the NIKKOR 16-85mm VR lens produces stunning results with vivid color and incredible sharpness. Beyond the lens' incredible optical versatility is the amazing benefit of Nikon's VR technology, which enables photographers to take substantially sharper handheld pictures at slower shutter speeds than would otherwise be possible. This provides the distinct advantage of being able to shoot more effectively in a much broader variety of challenging conditions. Nikon's VR system affords users the ability to take pictures at shutter speeds up to three stops slower than they ordinarily could shoot without the image-degrading blur caused by camera shake at slow shutter speeds.
- Compact, 5.3x wide-angle-to-medium telephoto zoom, ideal for a broad range of shooting situations from interiors and landscapes to beautiful portraits.
- Optical design optimized for use with Nikon DX-format digital SLRs for superior performance.
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) Image Stabilization minimizes the effects of camera shake, allowing handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables accurate, high-speed and quiet autofocus operation.
- Three aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration even when used at the widest aperture.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superior color performance and substantially reduced ghosting and flare.
- Close focusing distance to 1.3 feet throughout the entire zoom range.
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm for more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- Picture angle equivalent to focal length of 24-127.5mm (in 35mm format).
|Focal length: ||16-85mm|
|Maximum aperture: ||f/3.5-5.6 |
|Minimum aperture: ||f/22-36|
|Lens construction: ||17 elements in 11 groups (with two ED glass elements, three aspherical lenses) |
|Picture angle: ||83% - 18% 50' |
|Closest focus distance: ||0.38 m/1.3 ft. (throughout the entire zoom range)|
|Maximum reproduction ratio: ||1/4.6|
|Number of diaphragm blades: ||7 (rounded)|
|Filter/attachment size: ||67mm|
|Diameter x length: ||Approximately 2.8 x 3.4 inches (72 x 85mm)|
|Weight: ||Approximately 17.1 oz. (485g)|
|Supplied accessories: ||67mm Snap-on front lens cap LC-67, Rear lens cap LF-1,Bayonet hood HB-39, Flexible lens pouch CL-1015 |
|Optional accessories: ||67mm screw-in filters|
|Nikon USA Warranty: ||5 Years|
*AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm lens
*67mm Snap-on front lens cap LC-67
*Rear lens cap LF-1
*Bayonet hood HB-39
*Flexible lens pouch CL-101
*Nikon 5-Year USA Warranty