Nikon's prized handheld tele zoom, evolved.
Nikon proudly presents an update to its versatile full-frame 70-300mm tele zoom with improvements to image quality, autofocus, speed, VR image stabilization and more. The lens strikes an outstanding balance between size, zoom power and Vibration Reduction, making it a great choice for handheld photos and videos of sports, action, concerts, weddings, wildlife and more. Whether you shoot an FX or DX camera, the AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR frees you to shoot on-the-go from nearly any distance.
Powerful reach, beautiful results
- The AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR is an advanced lens that draws peak performance from Nikon's latest generation of FX and DX cameras. Its versatile 70-300mm focal length range (105-450mm on DX cameras) is great for everything from portraits to close-ups of nature and wildlife.
- Faster, quieter focusing
The AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR incorporates Nikon's stepping motor (AF-P) for faster, quieter focusing that's ideal for fast action and video recording.
- Softly blurred backgrounds
With an f/5.6 maximum aperture at 300mm and a nine-blade rounded diaphragm, the AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR produces a soft, round bokeh blur that beautifully complements its telephoto perspective.
Rock-steady handheld shooting
- 4.5 stops of Vibration Reduction
Nikon continues to innovate in Vibration Reduction technology, opening new possibilities for handheld shooting and enhancing low-light capabilities, especially useful for a day shooting at the zoo, school sports or family events.
photo of a Nikon DSLR and the AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR lens
- Compact and lightweight
At just 24 ounces, the AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR is comfortable and balanced, even on Nikon's most compact DSLR cameras. Its Internal Focusing (IF) design keeps the lens shorter, and its smooth focus ring lets you seamlessly take control when needed.
Versatile, consistent performance
- Designed for comfort and piece of mind - Dust and drip resistant and silky smooth zoom control
The lens is sealed to protect against dust and water droplets letting you follow your passion wherever it leads. The AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR's large, comfortable zoom ring provides optimal torque for smooth, even zooming across the entire range.
- Precise optical performance - Close focusing and consistent high-speed shooting
Get as close as 3.9 feet from your subject with a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.25x for dazzling close-ups at 300mm. A specialized electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism (E) operates in precise sync with the camera's shutter for reliable exposure control during high-speed sequences.
A/M stands for Auto-Priority Manual Mode. This mode also enables an easy transition from autofocus to manual during AF operation. However, mode switch sensitivity has been altered to reduce the possibility of sudden unintentional switching to manual focus while shooting.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass
An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- IF Lens
A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
- Pulse Motor
Nikon's "P" series of NIKKOR lenses use a pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) to focus smoother and quieter than previous drive systems. This quiet drive system makes the lenses ideal for use when shooting video.
- Vibration Reduction
A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- Capture sports, wildlife, concerts, landmarks and more with phenomenal clarity and precision
- Advanced Optics and telephoto field of view are great for still and HD video
- Ultra-fast, near silent autofocus powered by a stepping motor (af-p)
- Vr image stabilization ensures sharp photos, steady videos and enhances Low-light capabilities
- Mount Type - Nikon F-Bayonet; Built-in CPU
- Focal Length Range - 70 - 300 mm
- Zoom Ratio - 4.3 x
- Maximum Aperture - f/ 4.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture - f/ 32-40
- Format - FX/35mm
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format) - 22 degrees 50'
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format) - 5 degrees 20'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format) - 34 degrees 20'
- Minimum Angle of View (FX-format) - 8 degrees 10'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio - 0.25 x
- Lens Elements - 18
- Lens Groups - 14
- Compatible Format(s) - FX, DX
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization - Yes
- Diaphragm Blades - 9
- ED Glass Elements - 1
- Super Integrated Coating - Yes
- Autofocus - Yes; Autofocus controlled by stepping motor, separate focus ring for manual focus
- AF-P (Pulse Motor) - Yes
- Internal Focusing - Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance - 3.94 ft. ( 1.2 m); From focal plane at all zoom positions
- Focus Mode - Auto/Manual
- E-type - Yes
- Filter Size - 67 mm
- Accepts Filter Type - Screw-on
- Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length) - 3.2 in. (80.5 mm) x 5.7 in. (146 mm) - Distance from camera lens mount flange; Based on CIPA Guidelines
- Approx. Weight - 24 oz. (680 g); Based on CIPA Guidelines