Nikon NIKKOR 70-200mm Camera Lens
Professional photographers know that one of the best features of DSLR and Mirrorless cameras is that they use an interchangeable lens system. With the ability to change lenses, you‘ll always be able to have the right lens equipped for the job. One great lens for these cameras is the Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Full-Frame Telephoto Zoom Z Mount Lens 20091. With this Nikon lens you’ll be able to take photos of sporting events, concerts, weddings, wildlife, and much more, even in low lighting areas. The Nikon NIKKOR 70-200mm lens sets a new standard for fast telephoto zoom lenses, and is leading the next generation of Nikon's advanced mirrorless cameras.
This Nikon lens combines the power of a bright f/2.8 aperture with the high resolution of NIKKOR optics, resulting in sharp, clean images. One of the major advantages the larger Z mounts have is that they retain a larger amount of light, which provides you with photos that are brighter, and with minimal vignetting. The Nikon NIKKOR 70-200mm is equipped with optical VR image stabilization, preventing shaky camera footage, and sharper images when shooting handheld. When shooting on the fly, you can use the control ring to quickly and quietly adjust the aperture, exposure, or ISO. It also has two customizable Fn buttons on the lens barrel which can be used to preview the depth of field, lock the focus, magnify, and more. If you’re taking photos of subjects that are backlit, this can often cause ghosting, reflections, and flaring. To counteract these issues, this NIKKOR lens utilizes two lens coatings, a Nano Crystal Coat and an ARNEO Coat, to help eliminate them. Keeping the lens clean is easy too, as it’s completely sealed to keep out unwanted moisture and dust, even around moving parts.
BuyDig.com knows the ins and outs of every Nikon Camera Lens, including the Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Full-Frame Telephoto Zoom Z Mount Lens 20091. If you are unsure of which camera lens to order, try calling our customer service center, they will be happy to help you decide on the right product for your needs and budget. Our dedicated and caring staff is always available to help consumers through the sometimes confusing buying process. Contact us today and see how our appreciation of shoppers leads to better deals on some of the best products on the market.
The highly-desirable 70-200mm telephoto zoom has come to the Z series. Sports, concerts, weddings, wildlife, portraiture and so much more—all with the incredible low light performance of an f/2.8 made only better by the optically superior Z mount. Optical advancements support passionate cinematographers and videographers. Class-leading close focus ability. Superior aberration suppression. And the most comprehensive optical VR image stabilization in the history of NIKKOR interchangeable lenses. The NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S sets an impressive new standard for fast telephoto zoom lenses optimized for the next generation of Nikon's advanced mirrorless cameras.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and using selective focus techniques.
- Featuring a combination of six extra-low dispersion elements, one fluorite element, and one short-wave refractive index element, chromatic aberrations and color fringing is effectively eliminated throughout the zoom range for notable clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are featured to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats are used to prevent ghosting, reflections, and flare in order to realize improved contrast and clarity when working in strong lighting and backlit conditions. The Nano Crystal Coat controls incidental light from a diagonal direction while the ARNEO Coat controls incidental light from a vertical direction. A Super Integrated Coating is also featured on multiple elements to help ensure consistently accurate colors.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake to better enable handheld shooting in low-light situations.
- Multi-focus system incorporates two separate AF drive units, which are synchronized, to deliver especially fast and accurate focusing throughout the zoom range. This system uses stepping motors, which offer impressively smooth and quiet autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Integrated OLED lens information panel allows you to quickly confirm aperture setting, focus distance, and depth of field figures right on the lens in both bright and dark situations.
- Two assignable L.Fn buttons work in conjunction with camera-based Fn buttons to provide seamless points for quickly changing exposure settings and other functions.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Removable, rotating tripod collar spins on ball bearings to permit quick and smooth switching from vertical to horizontal shooting orientations.
NIKKOR S-Line quality at its absolute best.
At the top of the ever-expanding NIKKOR Z lens lineup, S-Line lenses push Nikon’s tradition of optical excellence and innovation to unprecedented new heights. Superior performance and resolution. Sophisticated features and operability. Specialized technologies and reliability enhancements. All while taking full advantage of the monumental Nikon Z mount and adhering to the strictest image quality and build standards.
Brilliant in low light
The exceptional combination of a bright f/2.8 aperture, high resolution NIKKOR optics and the brilliant Z mount makes the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S a tireless low light performer capable of clean, sharp images and faster shutter speeds in dark scenes and interiors.
One of the many advantages of the larger Z mount is its ability to retain even illumination, especially at the corners of the frame, for bright, even exposures with minimal vignetting.
Blurred so beautifully
Attached to the Z Mount, the largest full frame lens mount in the industry, the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S is capable of producing stunning bokeh qualities beyond the capabilities of comparable lenses.
Steadier than ever
With built-in optical VR image stabilization effective for up to an unprecedented 5.5 stops* and Z series' high performance in-body image stabilization, tack-sharp images are easily achieved when shooting handheld. During video shooting, additional electronic VR (e-VR) can be enabled for even greater stability.
Customizable control ring
The control ring can be used for quiet aperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording or situations where complete silence is critical), exposure compensation or ISO adjustments.
Customizable shortcut buttons
The NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S features two convenient customizable Fn buttons right on the lens barrel. Set them to streamline your shooting experience—preview depth of field, lock focus, magnify to confirm focus and more.
Lens information panel
A dimmable, built-in EL (Electroluminescent) display panel allows quick, convenient confirmation of aperture, focal length, focus distance and depth-of-field, even in dark situations.
Optimal anti-reflective performance
When subjects are backlit, incidental light can streak across the frame causing unwanted ghosting, reflections and flare. To counteract these anomalies and ensure crisp, clean images, the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S employs two of Nikon’s most advanced lens coatings: Nano Crystal Coat for eliminating incidental light from a diagonal direction and ARNEO Coat for eliminating incidental light from a vertical direction.
Dust and Drip resistant
Extensively sealed to keep dust and moisture out, especially around all moving parts of the lens barrel, for worry-free durability.
Fluorine keeps it clean
Fluorine Coat, Nikon's proprietary dust, dirt and moisture repellent, provides enhanced antifouling performance, ensuring easy removal of all types of grime from the lens surface—a life-saver when shooting in harsh conditions.
Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm F/2.8 VR S Specs
||70 to 200mm
|Angle of View
||34° 20' to 12° 20'
|Minimum Focus Distance
||1.64' / 50 cm
||21 Elements in 18 Groups
||Removable and Rotating
||77 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
||3.5 x 8.66" / 89 x 220 mm
||2.99 lb / 1360 g