- 4K Cinema-like recording experience with advanced in-camera capture options
- LEICA DICOMAR 24x optical zoom lens (25-600mm, F1.8-4.0) and large 1/2.5" BSI MOS Sensor for impressive capture even in low light
- Three Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S.) technologies work together for impressive stability under many shooting conditions; 5-Axis Hybrid O.I.S. plus Ball O.I.S. and Adaptive O.I.S.
- Wireless Multi-Camera captures multiple scenes simultaneously by connecting up to two smartphones
- For a more natural looking image, a new Active Contrast feature equalizes contrast and the HDR Movie mode enables a wider dynamic range between dark and bright areas
The Panasonic VX1 camcorder offers a 4K cinema-like recording experience which includes a manual lens-mounted control ring for improved control. Premium optical and sensor performance come from a new LEICA DICOMAR 24x optical zoom lens (25-600mm) with a bright aperture range from F1.8 wide - 4.0 tele and a large 1/2.5" BSI MOS Sensor for impressive capture even in low light. To keep the image rock stable, three unique optical image stabilization technologies work together; 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+, Ball O.I.S. and Adaptive O.I.S. For a more natural look, a new Active Contrast technology equalizes gradation, while the HDR Movie mode enables a wider dynamic range response.
4K Premium Image Quality
High-definition 4K shooting gives you highly natural, realistic images. And 4K PHOTO captures those decisive moments. You get uncompromising picture quality at all times with the remarkable LEICA Dicomar lens.
Wide 25mm* and Optical 24x Zoom Lens
This new 4K lens ranges from 25mm wide-angle to 600mm tele with a 24x zoom, achieved by a 4-Drive Lens System. The stunning wide-angle setting not only fits large groups of people and background images into narrow locations but is also convenient for taking selfies with a rotatable LCD.
* 35mm camera equivalent. Available with 4K and FHD/24p mode.
Brilliant Videos in Low Light
The large 1/2.5" sensor and bright F1.8 lens offer about 1.7 times the conventional low-light performance. Noise is also suppressed even when shooting in dimly lit places like indoor scenes or nightscapes.
5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S. +
Uses five-axis correction to thoroughly suppress blurring all the way from wide-angle to powerful zoom shots.
Automatically optimizes the O.I.S. effectiveness by adjusting the O.I.S. mechanical control to various shooting positions, conditions and user characteristics.
Reduces wear on the drive section and greatly improves correction for small-amplitude hand-shake.
Level Shot Function
Automatically detects and corrects the tilting of captured images.
- Image Sensor: 1/2.5" BSI MOS Sensor
- Total Pixels: 8.57-megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Motion Image - 4K: 8.29 megapixels [16:9], Full-HD: 6.17 megapixels [16:9] (Level Shot Function OFF or Normal). Still Image - 8.29 megapixels [16:9]; 6.22 megapixels [4:3]
- F Value: F1.8 (WIDE) / F4.0 (TELE)
- Optical Zoom: 24x
- Focal Length: 4.12 – 98.9 mm (Optical Zoom:24x)
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Lens Brand: Leica Dicomar Lens
- Standard Illumination: 1400 lx
- Minimum Illumination: 1.5 lx (Scene Mode Low Light 1/30), 1 lx (Night Mode (Color))
- Focus: Auto/Manual
- Zoom: Intelligent OFF 24x; Intelligent ON '4K: 32x, Full-HD: 48x; Digital Zoom '70x / 1500x (The maximum value of zoom magnification can be set in two patterns)
- Shutter Speed: Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/30 – 1/8000 (60p / 60i / 30p), 1/24 – 1/8000 (24p) Auto Slow Shutter OFF: 1/60 – 1/8000 (60p / 60i / 30p), 1/48 – 1/8000 (24p)
- Iris: Auto/Manual
- Image Stabilizer: 5-axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ with Active Mode, O.I.S. Lock, Level Shot Function (Strong mode: 2K only), Ball O.I.S., Adaptive O.I.S.
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format: [AVCHD] AVCHD Progressive; [MP4] MP4
- Compression Method: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Thumbnail Display: 6 thumbnails/page, 1 thumbnail/page
- Audio Recording System: AVCHD: Dolby Audio (5.1ch / 2ch); MP4: AAC (2ch)
- Microphone: 5.1ch Surround, Zoom, Focus and Stereo Microphone
- Speaker: Dynamic Type
- Power Supply: 3.6V (Battery) / 5.0V (AC Adaptor)
- Power Consumption: TBD
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 68 x 77 x 142 mm (2.677 x 3.032 x 5.591 inch)
- Weight: Approx. 428 g (0.944 lb)
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch Wide LCD monitor (460,800 dots)
- Touch Panel: Yes
- Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Standard: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Frequency: 2.4GHz band